It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottUlta - Biggest cosmetics retailer in US faces outrage and boycott

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

About as bad as couple years ago Covergirl hired that ugly goggle eye butch Ellen Degeneres as their "spokesmodel" .......
edit on 18-10-2022 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:11 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nevercompromise
I think you are implying you were pretty even without makeup
But what if you were ugly?
I consider it witchcraft myself.

I like little to zero makeup myself.
I like honesty

Well, it is me in my avatar. When I was in my 20s.

But I've seen many physically homely men and women -- pull off an aura of beautiful by their essence and presentation of self.

Witchcraft? That's an interesting take.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I like honesty

But I've seen many physically homely men and women -- pull off an aura of beautiful by their essence and presentation of self.

Your answer came off as pretentious.
I am posting off my phone and cannot see your avatar.
But you avoided my question which all the rest was a setup for.
But what if you are ugly underneath all the makeup?
I would and do consider that witchcraft.
Make yourself look like you are pretty when you are not.
False advertising.
Witchcraft.
The thing I like most about women is how their countenance makes them more beautiful as they age and makeup only covers up external flaws.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I think everyone is who their brain tells them they are.

I agree, but this just works perfectly for the individual in isolation. That's a must to build a personality, and a 'self'.

Now, the problem arises when you put the person into a society, that is, when the myriad people in that society interact with each other. Once exposed to others, you are certainly what you think you are, plus what the others think you are.

And yet, that's not the end of the story: in between what you think you are and what the others think you are lies the realm of who you really are.

It is a complex situation because being human is complex; it is complex because a human brain is complex; and it is extremely complex because human brains do interact with other equally complex brains. Being whoever one wishes to be is easy when one is the only inhabitant in the island, but when you interact with other people everything changes: personality is diluted, sometimes pathologically. That's what it means to be a social being. You never judge a person for what he/she thinks she/he is. You judge a person for what you think she/he is. A damaged brain never hates someone for what he/she is, rather it hates him/her for what it thinks he/she is.

Judging others should be based on what they do, not on what they are.

Rejecting others for what one thinks they are is clearly a primitive non-evolved behavior. Anyway, I never saw a lesbian, a gay, a transgender, a non-binary, an asexual, or a heterosexual being. I always saw persons.

It is the moment they act that I can clearly distinguish beasts from human beings, and I react accordingly. Once you see the look of hatred in the eyes of the person in front of you, you know it is not a person, but a beast.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

LOL -- but okay! Not much more I can say, eh?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I like honesty

Your answer came off as pretentious.
I am posting off my phone and cannot see your avatar.
But you avoided my question which all the rest was a setup for.
But what if you are ugly underneath all the makeup?
I would and do consider that witchcraft.
Make yourself look like you are pretty when you are not.
False advertising.
Witchcraft.
The thing I like most about women is how their countenance makes them more beautiful as they age and makeup only covers up external flaws.

I choose to "costume" and have fun when I go out.

I'll save the plain face for when I'm knee deep in diapers.

I find the thought that a woman can't be open and honest because she wears makeup very old fashion.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

I think everyone is who their brain tells them they are.

I agree, but this just works perfectly for the individual in isolation. That's a must to build a personality, and a 'self'.

Now, the problem arises when you put the person into a society, that is, when the myriad people in that society interact with each other. Once exposed to others, you are certainly what you think you are, plus what the others think you are.

And yet, that's not the end of the story: in between what you think you are and what the others think you are lies the realm of who you really are.

It is a complex situation because being human is complex; it is complex because a human brain is complex; and it is extremely complex because human brains do interact with other equally complex brains. Being whoever one wishes to be is easy when one is the only inhabitant in the island, but when you interact with other people everything changes: personality is diluted, sometimes pathologically. That's what it means to be a social being. You never judge a person for what he/she thinks she/he is. You judge a person for what you think she/he is. A damaged brain never hates someone for what he/she is, rather it hates him/her for what it thinks he/she is.

Judging others should be based on what they do, not on what they are.

Rejecting others for what one thinks they are is clearly a primitive non-evolved behavior. Anyway, I never saw a lesbian, a gay, a transgender, a non-binary, an asexual, or a heterosexual being. I always saw persons.

It is the moment they act that I can clearly distinguish beasts from human beings, and I react accordingly. Once you see the look of hatred in the eyes of the person in front of you, you know it is not a person, but a beast.

I appreciate your post.

Reminds me of older discussions.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It doesn't bother me. Seems reasonable -- what else would you call it

As I tell my grandson, "People are their heart".

Look past the physical and straight to who they are as a person.

Well it doesn't piss me off either, but it seems it has to other women. You pick and choose your battles too.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Well it doesn't piss me off either, but it seems it has to other women. You pick and choose your battles too.

Insecure women?

Seriously, I tried to think of how this affected me in any way. It doesn't.

So, to me, it's manufactured outrage.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Oh, so you question gender equality in sports.

Me too. I don't think we're there yet. Male and female bodies are structured differently.

Not everything is equal.

I have researched it -- have you?

Why do they push to be a woman and not just live with transwoman to truly identify who and what they are? The left can not even explain what a woman is today and so end up being a movement of Misogyny against biological woman who disagree in the slightest. Even lesbians were attacked when they expressed they would not have a sexual relationship with a transwoman. Its not just sports, we saw that first woman four-star admiral is actually a man. It would have been laughable to imagine that Bruce Jenner would one day be selected as Glamour‘s Woman of the Year immediately after posing in lingerie on the cover of Vanity Fair.

I don't have issues with the term trans and that is where these people should stay, but I do have issues with everything that makes up a woman become marginalized just because the woman with a penis does not have all that too.

edit on 19-10-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Oh, so you question gender equality in sports.

Why are they a woman and not a transwoman? The left can not even explain what a woman is today and so end up being a movement of Misogyny against biological woman who disagree in the slightest. Even lesbians were attacked when they expressed they would not have a sexual relationship with a transwoman. Its not just sports, we saw that first woman four-star admiral is actually a man. It would have been laughable to imagine that Bruce Jenner would one day be selected as Glamour‘s Woman of the Year immediately after posing in lingerie on the cover of Vanity Fair.

I don't have issues with the term trans and that is where these people should stay, but I do have issues with everything that makes up a woman become marginalized just because the woman with a penis does have all that too.

This is physical sports -- not anything else.

Physically the male structure is different than the female structure. That cannot be changed.

Bigger shoulders, longer arms, bigger hands, narrower hips, etc.

Trying to equal that out with hormone replacement is still not going to change the physical advantage.

So, I have to side against the physical advantage -- it's not fair to birth women.

------------------------------------------------------------

Beyond that -- whoever wants to be known as a woman -- I have no issue with.

edit on 19-10-2022 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That is unfair to claim those are insecure women. That is just a simple opinion that would be almost impossible to qualify.
I can make a better case that insecure women need to wear makeup when they go out in public

Insecure women?

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:12 AM
link   

That is unfair to claim those are insecure women. That is just a simple opinion that would be almost impossible to qualify.
I can make a better case that insecure women need to wear makeup when they go out in public

Insecure women?

I'm def not insecure.

I like playing dress up. Because it's fun.

I cannot see any genuine reason women should be outraged by the video in the OP.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Insecure women?

Probably at least a few, sure. I mean we are talking about a company that fuels and caters to women's insecurities with lots and lots of products to hide behind and create a false image. So, yeah, probably insecure women.

But also, I'm sure, many many confident and self-assured women who actually know what and who women are, who won't pretend otherwise, who won't apologize for knowing, and who don't appreciate having our persona and image tainted and tarred by two men playing dress-up.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Insecure women?

. . . who don't appreciate having our persona and image tainted and tarred by two men playing dress-up.

No, you're not insecure

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No, you're not insecure

LOL! Nope. Quite the opposite. I know what a woman is. I know what a woman is not. I know I'm a woman. It just is what it is 🤷

Easy peasy!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I may have misunderstood you.
Do you dress up with a big red nose and floppy shoes when you go out?
That would certainly prove you are not insecure.
Or is it your objective to "look hot" as you said?

I really really miss when older ladies dressed like older ladies.
And kids dressed like kids.
And women who went to church avoided dressing to inspire lust instead of protecting from causing it.
There is a big difference between looking feminine and looking sexy/trashy.
Most transexuals shoot for sexy/trashy and not feminine.
I have to wonder why 2 men can openly portray themselves as women in some attempt at having fun dressing up in order to talk about what it is to be a girl or a woman.
That is a little funny but fun?

Insecure women?

I'm def not insecure.

I like playing dress up. Because it's fun.

I cannot see any genuine reason women should be outraged by the video in the OP.

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Is that Dylan character for real... he seems more like a comedian that is trolling the LGBTQ...

Especially this hilarious video of him: Day 66- a nature girl

🤣🤣🤣

If he is for real... god help us all LMAO...

posted on Oct, 19 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nevercompromise

I "costume" for the occasion.

I choose to call it "costuming" cuz I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join