It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#BoycottUlta - Biggest cosmetics retailer in US faces outrage and boycott

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

There is an interesting dynamic at play here. Any time you legislate a "right" for one person, you take a right away from someone else.

For example, no one has a right to play high school sports. You can try out for the team, and if you make it and meet the rest of the requirements, GPA, etc, you can play. It is not a right, it was something you earned. If the ability to play becomes a legislated right, and there are limited openings on the team, you have legislated a spot for one player at the expense of another - who may be a better player and more deserving of a spot on the team.

What would happen if every coach told every trans-whatever person who tried out for the team they weren't good enough? Its subjective, right? Everyone has to try out and make the team, right?

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That dude is WHACKED! He has only been trans for like 70 days. I saw a video on FB about him and WOW, just WOW! Talk about mental illness on display and as an actual female I am offended by the garbage that comes from his mouth AND how he acts. It's disgusting!

I am over these trans nuts taking away from actual WOMEN! They are not women and will never be women no matter what they want to claim. I am still pissed they took the Venus symbol off of pads because they wanted to be inclusive! Um last time I checked ONLY real biological women can have a period!

This insanity needs to stop.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Think about this whole paint your entire face makeup trend.
If we are serious what does it look like….?
To me it looks like people in drag. Eye makeup that is so exaggerated, giant lips, sharp feature.

Why is that? If we blur the lines between sexes men will look more feminine and women will look more masculine and meet somewhere in the middle.

The fact is most Hetero men prefer women with natural or NO makeup.

posted on Oct, 17 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

What kind of lunatic thought this was a good idea?

Oh yeah...a liberal.

Don't you wish we could see the boardroom meeting on this one?

I do.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Well, This cosmetic company just found a way to completely trash their sales..... Enrage women. Not just a little bit, but completely enrage their primary customer base by having some trans dudes talk about "girlhood". Now, this isn't just any trans dude, it is one that insults women and calls them little nasty things like slits and Barbie pooches if I am reading the comments correctly.

That's their business. You can't sell cosmetics unless you enrage women and make them feel ugly.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   

There is an interesting dynamic at play here. Any time you legislate a "right" for one person, you take a right away from someone else.

Not necessarily. It also depends on how one defines a "right" (which does seem to be a moving target these days). We have natural rights, endowed by our Creator, which are self-evident -- anything you can do for yourself and by yourself, and/or with other consenting adults. The purpose of legislated rights, or civil rights, should have one purpose, to ensure that the Government executes and enforces the law fairly and equitably to protect and defend our natural rights.

Rights may conflict, in which case we need to balance the rights of everyone, but it shouldn't necessarily deny or take away anyone's rights.

For example, we have a natural right to life. But if you threaten my life, and I use lethal force to defend myself, technically, I have taken your right to life... but only to protect my own, which you threatened. It's a balance.

For example, no one has a right to play high school sports. You can try out for the team, and if you make it and meet the rest of the requirements, GPA, etc, you can play. It is not a right, it was something you earned. If the ability to play becomes a legislated right, and there are limited openings on the team, you have legislated a spot for one player at the expense of another - who may be a better player and more deserving of a spot on the team.

When it comes to organized competitive sports, the competition begins with the try-outs. Everyone has the right to try, within the stated rules and regulations. No one has a right to win. No one has a right to be on a team. Because schools of all sorts receive federal funding, and funding for sports teams, regulating the sports must be done fairly -- hence, the level playing field. And because one class (male) has a clear advantage over another class (female), virtually assuring that only one class will win if those classes are mixed, two classes or categories are required -- male and female.

But anyone and everyone can play their sport of choice for leisure and recreation. Anyone and everyone can make up their own teams, their own rules, their own games, with other consenting adults.

What would happen if every coach told every trans-whatever person who tried out for the team they weren't good enough? Its subjective, right? Everyone has to try out and make the team, right?

Let them try -- but according to the rules -- and win or lose on their own merit. So everyone needs to compete within their designated class in accordance with the rules and regulations. Males compete with males, females compete with females.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Annee

Barbie pouch?

Barbie pouch ... that's just gross in so many ways on so many levels.

Why is it gross?

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The fact is most Hetero men prefer women with natural or NO makeup.

Wouldn't a man be individual and have individual tastes?

Many -- maybe. But I'm always aware of claiming most.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Need to start @RealWomen @RealMen movements... This would not be against trans, but the industry that is trying to suggest it is more than it is.

I get the whole trans thing, but as I talked to one transwoman I know well I told them they need to accept who they are, and it will never be a woman no matter what they do cosmetically. The trans part can never magically go away....

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I get the whole trans thing, but as I talked to one transwoman I know well I told them they need to accept who they are, and it will never be a woman no matter what they do cosmetically. The trans part can never magically go away....

The transwomen I know just want to fit in. They don't want to stand out. They just want to be who they are.

Same with most of the LGBTQ+ people I know. They don't support the outlandishness.

But you have to look at the straight world -- they have their outlandish people too.

We don't judge all straight people by the handful of "colorful" straights.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Why is it gross?

Maybe not gross, but vulgar and crude. Just like referring to themselves in a bikini as just a "woman bulge". Don't mind my dick, its actually a woman bulge....

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

The transwomen I know just want to fit in. They don't want to stand out. They just want to be who they are.

Same with most of the LGBTQ+ people I know. They don't support the outlandishness.

Fair enough and true enough, but it's a moot point. They aren't the problem! No one's complaining about them because there's nothing to complain about. They're living their best life and letting others live their best lives. As it should be.

But very few are speaking up and speaking out against the current agenda and activism conducted in their name so to speak. So while I sympathize with their position, and won't fault them for what others do and say, they are letting themselves be tarred with the same broad brush as the outrageous.

But you have to look at the straight world -- they have their outlandish people too.

Again, fair enough and true enough. But the same people who are complaining (judging) the outrageous by LGBT people will be just as quick to complain (judge) the outrageous by straight people.

For example, the same parents complaining about "family friendly" drag shows would also be complaining about "family friendly" pole dancer shows. Those complaining about the trans shop teacher with humongous silicone implants on display would be just as outraged by a female teacher with humongous natural breasts on display.

Distinctions are important.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The problem is they can never reach the level they truly desire, and that is why I told my friend they need to accept who they are as they are, and not pretend they are something they can not be as this went down the path of talking about vaginoplasty. I said that the percentage of men that will be interested in you on a sexual level will really not change much if you do something so drastic as that. Men will either take you now as you are or they will never no matter what you do down stars that opens up a whole mess of other issues like losing all sexual pleasures and creating big hygienic issues.

Who they are is trans, and they should understand that they are not man or woman, but transman/transwoman. The problem is that woke industry is trying to suggest they are 100% real man or real woman, and they are not, never can be. I can never be a NBA player no matter how much I want to be, or be an American Indian if that was my 100% desire to be. This doesn't mean I cannot play b-ball, or really get to know and live American Indian cultures, but I'll always be that white guy in the end even with a tan....

No one is wide brushing anything here... The OP is about a "colorful" trans that pisses off woman who was picked by a company as a makeup model. Nothing more or less.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Why is it gross?

Maybe not gross, but vulgar and crude. Just like referring to themselves in a bikini as just a "woman bulge". Don't mind my dick, its actually a woman bulge....

It doesn't bother me. Seems reasonable -- what else would you call it?

As I tell my grandson, "People are their heart".

Look past the physical and straight to who they are as a person.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 10:20 AM
link   

No one is wide brushing anything here... The OP is about a "colorful" trans that pisses off woman who was picked by a company as a makeup model. Nothing more or less.

I'm a woman. He doesn't piss me off.

He's an over-the-top character. He made me laugh.

As far as I'm concerned, it's unnecessary manufactured outrage.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
You're still a male, now as for being a man, probably not.

How quaint. Lesbians on L$D are telling us whether we're butch or femme.
edit on 18-10-2022 by justinacolmena because: bad acronym

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Not to mention, what would uproar be if some straight person went on claiming to talk all about being trans and trans life? This ... person ... has been trans for so little time they have next to no experience with it; it's more of the gay man playing a straight woman and telling us how he thinks it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not to mention, what would uproar be if some straight person went on claiming to talk all about being trans and trans life?

Excellent point.

And, now that you mention it, it seems to me that for a very short time, trans people (and their allies) would tell straight people that they shouldn't be talking about trans people at all because straight people have no idea what it is to be trans... it was short-lived because of course the immediate response was that trans people have no idea what it is to be the opposite sex. And, well, duh.

This ... person ... has been trans for so little time they have next to no experience with it; it's more of the gay man playing a straight woman and telling us how he thinks it is.

Again, excellent point. To be honest, I'm not even sure this guy is sincere or if he's just LARPing or trolling. I didn't watch the entire video, but one of them talked about how they thought they were this, then they thought they were that, and then they thought they were the other thing, and then finally realized they were trans. It's like they're just trying on different costumes and playing make-believe, but they believe their make-believe makes it real.

It's just all so superficial and stereotypical. And it's nothing that girls/women can relate to their own lives.

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:17 PM
link   

That was point though. When you "legislate" a right you have to take it away from someone else. Natural God given rights are for everyone so no one loses on that. But when legislated you can only grant a right to one person/group by taking something away from another.

As for legislating a right for one and taking a right from another, someone has to lose when a "right" is "legislated'. You are male and want to play against females? You can get that legislation passed. Now the females no longer have the right to play against other females. They have to play against both.
edit on 18-10-2022 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That was point though. When you "legislate" a right you have to take it away from someone else. Natural God given rights are for everyone so no one loses on that. But when legislated you can only grant a right to one person/group by taking something away from another.

What exactly has been taken away?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join