It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Dead, 74 Hospitalized, 2 In Critical Condition While Running Marathon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

I believe you reported something similar happened in the Brooklyn New York Marathon about 6 months ago?

Can't find mine but:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It a good thing the world isent on the brink of war on many fronts because if we where I'd imagine the "heat" would kill as many as the weapons used to fight

Would also be a bad time for a group of powerful people to start trying to dramatically change the entire world with the "heat" and all it would be really hard to stop them

We really dodged a bullet on that one why if something like that where to happen it would almost seem planed but good news no one on earth is that evil

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A quick Wiki check
A list of marathon fatalities

n 2016, a systematic medical review found that the risk of sudden cardiac death during or immediately after a marathon was between 0.6 and 1.9 deaths per 100,000 participants, varying across the specific studies and the methods used, and not controlling for age or gender. This translates to a few published marathon deaths worldwide in a typical year, although the authors lamented the lack of a central registry for the information.

This is information just about the London Marathon but shows you conclusion is wrong.
Also, only those deaths, or collapses leading to deaths, that occur during the Marathon or within the finish area of the race are considered as marathon deaths.
Sports Performance Bulltin

Seven cardiac deaths have been reported in the London Marathon: five from severe coronary heart disease – in 1991, 1994, 1995 1997 and 2003 – and two with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM, a chronic disorder affecting the heart muscle) – in 1990 and 2001. Five successful cardiac resuscitations have taken place (in 1983, 1988, 1990, 1997 and 1998); all patients had coronary heart disease and were subsequently discharged from hospital. In the millennium race, a young man collapsed at the finish complaining of neck pain and died the following day in hospital following a diagnosis of subarachnoid (brain) haemorrhage.

Another runner died in his sleep 36 hours after completing the Marathon. He told his wife how well he had felt during and after it. He went swimming the next day, but his wife was awakened by him having a terminal anoxic fit (a fit caused by lack of circulating oxygen) that night. He was found to have HCM at the post mortem. A claim was made in the press that the Marathon caused his death, and it is conceivable that a lingering biochemical or endocrine effect of prolonged exertion precipitated a fatal cardiac arrhythmia.

edit on 30-8-2022 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: KKLOCO

originally posted by: frogs453

Hmm. A quick look shows this is an ultra marathon and these aren't the first deaths to occur. The rest are prior to covid.

You may need to find the cause of death of these athletes and compare them with the other 8 who died during the race before vaccinations.

90 km route from Pietermaritzburg to Durban

In the history of this race, there had been eight previous deaths leading up to the 2022 event.

Canadian Running Magazine

Yes, 8 in 100 years verses 2 in 1.

There are 2 more in critical condition, so that may be 4 in 1, and 8 in 100.

Also how many people usually end up hospitalized every year, 74?

I'm not sure. That requires some research right? Past history of races, causes of injuries or hospitalizations, vaccine status, testing was required 3 days before the race, but any positive covid cases race day? Lots to factor in before any assumptions can be made.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My wife does Marathon weekend at Disney. People from up north in the cooler parts of the country have issues running in the heat of Florida. The heat is no joke.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I’m over here living my best life!

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Wow little info, no mention of heat at all that I see.

Yeah, I agree. The heat is a killer, even worse than being in a plane crash or a suicide bombing.

I think you solved the mystery.

Don't know found this Perfect weather it seems

Comrades Marathon 2022 Weather Forecast

Possibility of morning fog at the start of the race, otherwise fine to partly cloudy conditions are expected becoming cloudy towards the coast from late afternoon.

Winds are expected to be light north-westerly at first, becoming moderate easterly to north-easterly from Cato Ridge by 10:00am. Cold temperatures are expected early morning, warming up from mid-morning with a maximum of 21 degrees Celsius.

All the best to all the runners.

twitter.com...
edit on 30-8-2022 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here is a link to the past few days weather in Durban, it is late winter down there…

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   
All South African athletes were required to get vaccinated, with the leftover, one jab J&J vaccine that was donated to them.

74 hospitalized in one day seems a bit excessive, unless you're into deceiving yourself that everything is much better, thanks to Big Pharma.

Wouldn't it be nice to be so unaware that you could pretend everything is progressing towards a better life, thanks to Bidens' expertise? It would be like perpetual childhood, where the only concern is having fun, getting monetary gifts and new toys from your Uncle Sam.

I never did get an Obama phone; all I got was health coverage I couldn't afford and higher taxes.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
All South African athletes were required to get vaccinated, with the leftover, one jab J&J vaccine that was donated to them.

74 hospitalized in one day seems a bit excessive, unless you're into deceiving yourself that everything is much better, thanks to Big Pharma.

Wouldn't it be nice to be so unaware that you could pretend everything is progressing towards a better life, thanks to Bidens' expertise? It would be like perpetual childhood, where the only concern is having fun, getting monetary gifts and new toys from your Uncle Sam.

I never did get an Obama phone; all I got was health coverage I couldn't afford and higher taxes.

The fact that people in this thread are acting like 74 hospitalized individuals and 2 dead people is normal, shows extreme cognitive dissonance. These people train all the time in every condition. Statistically they should all be disabled from the training or dead, so that no one could compete in it.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's rich coming from the poster who's posts demonstrate extreme confirmation bias!

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
cognitive dissonance maby but from where I'm standing there's no one left who really believes this is normal anymore except in the virtual world

I think it's this

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The fact that people in this thread are acting like 74 hospitalized individuals and 2 dead people is normal, shows extreme cognitive dissonance. These people train all the time in every condition. Statistically they should all be disabled from the training or dead, so that no one could compete in it.

I think you'll find it's you and posting contradictory information to the facts.
Show how the average person in a marathon trains all the time and in every condition?
Thats just how you imagine it happens, just take a look through images of an average marathon and there are people of all shapes, sizes and ages competing.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
it's obvious by now, being in shape will kill you. It's best to be a fat ass beer drinker who's only exercise is waddling to the fridge for another beer. So I'm pretty much safe in all this.
Don't forget the two packs of cigarettes a day.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Damn climate change!

Damn covid vaccines!

Damn 5g radiation!

Damn co2 pollution!

Damn cow methane!

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

They were not all required to be vaccinated:

Comrades Marathon will now allow unvaccinated runners to participate in the down run in August, the race organisers confirmed on Wednesday.

City Watch

It may be vaccinated related, it may be covid related, it may be another factor. We do not have enough information to know.
edit on 30-8-2022 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Weather looks pretty lovely there this week to me! That's in Fahrenheit

Tue
77°
47°

Wed
68°
44°

Thu
71°
46°

Fri
75°
49°

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: GlobalGold
Weather looks pretty lovely there this week to me! That's in Fahrenheit

Tue
77°
47°

Wed
68°
44°

Thu
71°
46°

Fri
75°
49°

I don't know, 75 F seems kind of warm. This is certainly a normal occurrence.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This winter in Britain might be a bad one. As generally speaking heart attacks for commuters tend to happen at the station waiting for the train when is freezing early in the morning, You get out of a warm bed and hit the cold.

posted on Aug, 30 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

This winter in Britain might be a bad one. As generally speaking heart attacks for commuters tend to happen at the station waiting for the train when is freezing early in the morning, You get out of a warm bed and hit the cold.

Exactly. Last year when heart attacks were occurring in record numbers the mainstream media put out about 100 random explanations, and one was cold weather.

Now when you run a marathon people point to hot weather. But if it was 75 degrees, is that too hot or cold?

Can you tell me the temperature it's allowed to be so they won't happen? 73.6 degree Fahrenheit exactly? Anything above or below and people start dropping like flies.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join