It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will this recession look like?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Which implies that it was up to someone else teaching you vs you going to seek the education.

I didn't think there was a reason to learn it! I believed that society was healthy! I was molded by my environment. How do you not understand that? Survival skills weren't taught in my schools. Boy Scouts did barely anything as well. I've already been over this.

Yeah, I could learn the skills now and HAVE BEEN in my spare time but nowhere near enough to be PROFICIENT. It would have been MUCH better to learn it early. That's with ANYTHING! Don't you agree?

Guns are not an endowed right. They're manmade, God has nothing to do with them. The Constitution ENTITLES us the right to bear arms, not God.

As for the recession, it's inevitable. With this inept administration seemingly TRYING to destroy the economy it will happen. The rich will be cozy though, it's the middle and lower classes that will suffer the most.

It's a theme throughout history. The rich only ever getting richer and the poor only getting poorer.
edit on 20-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Or maybe we can help those in need because there will be many.
Pointing them in the right direction, linking videos, being constructive.
The time will come when I will need help too.

Regardless of the calamity, we need to pull together.
We are all going to need the help.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

I didn't think there was a reason to learn it! I believed that society was healthy! I was molded by my environment. How do you not understand that?

Fair enough. Yes I can understand that and there are worse places to be in life. What I dont understand is that now youre here, the blame also will find its way back to you as well as the onus and motivation to do something about that lost time.

Remember the motorcycle analogy? No matter whos fault, there is a clear loser in the scenario.

Yeah, I could learn the skills now and HAVE BEEN in my spare time but nowhere near enough to be PROFICIENT. It would have been MUCH better to learn it early. That's with ANYTHING! Don't you agree?

I do! Times ticking and the rate of inflation is that timer.

Guns are not an endowed right. They're manmade, God has nothing to do with them. The Constitution ENTITLES us the right to bear arms, not God.

No, guns arent...as I said. The right to keep and bear them are as well as the government not infringing on that right....as I said.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In answer to the OP...I'm not sure. Gas prices here in my little corner of swampeast missouri are now at $3.99 gallom for regular. Filled up for $40. However, spent over $50 on groceries for ONE MEAL!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't see a recession, I see a full blown depression on the way. Worse than anything we've seen in modern history.

Our own government is flooding us with 3rd world illegals, they're purposely killing our energy production, wrecking the supply chain and killing the dollar.

They have a new work around traditional norms by declaring an "emergency" now. This is basically giving them unchecked power to do whatever they want.

The last year they've been laying the legal groundwork to declare anyone opposed to this garbage a "domestic terrorist". So when people start pushing back, they'll be hunted down and jailed.

I see food shortages, riots, even higher energy prices and mabey rationing. Due to the fake climate emergency of course. When the people finally become desperate enough to do something about it, this administration will go full China. I don't see us coming back from this one because its all on purpose.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: v1rtu0s0
Pretty soon you'll be proven the wrongest person on ATS.

Comical coming from the person who stated four months ago that Pfizer was being delisted. Did it happen yet? Asking for the NYSE.

LOL. Too funny.

🤡🤡🤡🤡

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
No doubt it's happening.

www.reuters.com...

Ford plans to cut up to 8,000 jobs - Bloomberg News
July 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) is preparing to cut up to 8,000 jobs in the coming weeks in a bid to reduce costs and intensify its focus on electric vehicles, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

I was at the store (Menards) and the place was a ghost town. That is incredibly rare for this area.
Went to a greenhouse and the place was empty and also the shelves were very empty. I asked the worker if they will be permanently closing.
I was told she heard rumors but wasn't sure.

I've gone through the 70's (young) and through 2008, but I think we all know this is different. I'm sure there will be similarities.
High fuel, high food costs. I see houses losing value but maybe not crashing like 2008.
What I worry about is 401K, banking, and the sheer amount of people ready to lose it.

When we look back at 2008 and 1970's and the great depression, we see a lot of people taking it out on themselves. Suicides, depression, etc.
What I think we'll see differently in 2022 & 2023 is people want someone to blame and take it out on. More riots, more violence. We've already seen this in many countries. I'm noticing a shift in my area already which is somewhat insulated from some of these things.

What do you think? How do you see things going down?
The one true way out of this is a debt Jubilee.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
SPAM removed
edit on 7.21.2022 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think the difference this time is the higher population density, lack of community, and low to no individual self sufficiency.

A large portion of the population seem to think there’s nothing wrong with looting and stealing and have a sense of false entitlement.

The availability of wild game, seeds, and fresh water is so low compared to the population that it may as well be non existent.

If it gets very bad it will get very ugly.

Hope I’m wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known. I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. 

What an amazing comment, not unique but rare.

Its not that you cant but that you wont.

The entitlement and lack of motivation in one small post clearly highlights what exactly is wrong with society.

It's not often people are honest. The member admits he wasn't taught the skills. Maybe instead of criticising you could offer links to learning material and some words of encouragement/motivation? If said member shrugs it off then criticism would seem appropriate.

My opinion of course.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76

Believe what you want. You're stuck just like everyone else. If the power grid goes out tomorrow I don't want to hear you complaining about any of the hardships you'll encounter because you think anyone can just up and leave no problem. Just drop all your responsibilities and leave all your family and friends behind, otherwise you're "entitled".

Your post is so out of touch I almost can't believe it.

I mean. That's why I've always usually been really picky about who I'm in a relationship with. I have no problem dating someone who is better at survival skills, can outshoot me, or otherwise outperform me. Less for me to worry about. I've always wanted to be with someone who I can rely on as much as they rely on me.

But even still it is nice to be able to live day to day without having to worry about the what ifs. That's why I prep and train. It's fun for me, and I enjoy sharpening my skills.

There are small things you can do every day that don't take much effort, and there are other things you can do once a week or even once a month, and once you have a routine in place you can find out what works best for you.

Hell, even simply reading a book or watching a youtube vid, or listening to a podcast can help and offer new ideas or new ways to think about things.

Make it fun, and you'll never hate doing it. Well, at least rarely hate it lol

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

I've been doing a little here and there but I'm nowhere near proficient because I only just started thinking about the possibility of having to survive from societal collapse in the past few years.

Modern society is set up in such a way that it makes you dependent on it and unable to leave without a lot of hardships acting as roadblocks.

If I was taught the importance of survival skills at a younger age I'd already be proficient at this point in my life. As it is I'm playing catch-up with the clock ticking. I'm so far behind at this point that I'm afraid I won't have enough time before the SHTF.

Woe is me! 😭

😝

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1v2

originally posted by: JinMI

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known. I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. 

What an amazing comment, not unique but rare.

Its not that you cant but that you wont.

The entitlement and lack of motivation in one small post clearly highlights what exactly is wrong with society.

It's not often people are honest. The member admits he wasn't taught the skills. Maybe instead of criticising you could offer links to learning material and some words of encouragement/motivation? If said member shrugs it off then criticism would seem appropriate.

My opinion of course.

Its 2022. There exist, right now thousands of hours of videos. Tens of thousands lines of text. All dedicated to the topic.

I get it, folks wake up in their own time and realize they are behind. Even having dedicated years myself, im still behind where id like to be.

My whole point being, its not anyone elses fault even if you have a compelling argument as to why you were asleep.

If one wants info or a thread to unravel, im an open book as well are the MUCH more knowledgabale folks around here.

Did you see my motorcycle analogy?

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Any preperation is better than no preperation! If you're still kicking it's never too late to start. Even if you learn just a little bit it might save your life one day.

posted on Jul, 22 2022 @ 04:44 AM
link   

This is probably going to be my last comment to you in this thread, but nowhere did I see that member lay blame on anyone else. He admitted he never learned. There's a difference.

Somehow you took it personal and lambasted him comment after comment. You could have been supportive, but instead you chose to be immature and attack him. Shows what kind of person you are.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join