It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will this recession look like?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JAGStorm

You'll eat bugs and have nothing forever.

Or, it will run its course and things will pick up like they always do.

Pretty soon you'll be proven the wrongest person on ATS.

I'm pretty sure you'd be the first to obey and adopt the new slavery system though.
edit on 20-7-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I didn't make the choice to be born into today's society and indoctrinated into it until I figured things out as an adult.

You're out of touch my friend. You seem to not be able to see things from others' perspective and only know how to point your finger.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:28 PM
link   

What will this recession look like?

Well let's see there's going to pregnant men in parades on floats
depicting gay Disney characters. They'll have programs so everyone
knows what a woman is if they see one. You'll likely see a lot of
out door theatres with funny midget actors portraying an aborted
fetus. Joe and Kamala's avatars will be there. I'm sure Joe's son Hunter
will be there giving lessons on how to keister a crack pipe. I also heard
Fauci plans a fly by over a homeless encampment in a flying syringe.

A good time is guaranteed for young an old a like so bring your
family and enjoy. But do remember none of this was my idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Thats a double edged sword. Money drives production and innovation. The world as you know it including advances in medicine and luxuries such as browsing an internet forum are parts of that.

If browsing is a luxury, is posting a double-good luxury?

Its all broken.

"IT" is most people, and they are only animals using delusion with experience instead of divinity with grace.
edit on 20/7/2022 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

I didn't make the choice to be born into today's society and indoctrinated into it until I figured things out as an adult.

No, but youve chose to live everyday since.

You're out of touch my friend. You seem to not be able to see things from others' perspective and only know how to point your finger.

I can see self awareness escapes you. Perhaps irony does as well?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Depends on if youve bought the food buckets!

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh, you mean suicide. I would never kill myself.

You somehow conflating me not being suicidal with me being entitled is blowing my mind. Are you high on something?

Trying to paint being non-suicidal in a bad light is pretty strange.
edit on 20-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So self awareness, irony and now reading comprehension as well as parlance escape you.

Why should I continue this conversation??

"Opting-out" can take on many scenarios but no, im not suggesting suicide as a favorable one. What I said was that you choose to live and so far, that seems to equal something that you are entitled to from someone else.

Whole point being, if society or the environment change, your quality of life will change. How dynamic is completely on you and everyone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:50 PM
link   

You're the one who called me entitled and lacking in motivation to start with. You have zero ability to put yourself in other people's shoes, obviously.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76

You're the one who called me entitled and lacking in motivation to start with. You have zero ability to put yourself in other people's shoes, obviously.

Then enlighten me.

Your words indicate that unless you are given something (knowledge) youre not required to know it. That a certain quality of life is owed to you and anything less is "kinda hard"

I used to wear those shoes....in my teens. They are worn, tired and will get replaced as soon as they are no longer suitable to the terrain. Be it a choice or something out of your hands.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The one starting will be 3x worse than 2007 🤨

Not that I disagree, but in what ways do you see that happening?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Population growth
Assests leveraged
Inflation
Threat to the US dollar.

IMO 3x is an understatement

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:59 PM
link   

When did I say anything was owed to me? Quote where I said that because I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how you came to that conclusion because that's not what I believe at all.

All you're doing is trying to paint what I say in the worst light possible. That's it. You're being a contrarien simply because you don't like my opinions.

Like I said, your incapable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes. The only person who has said that I think I'm owed anything is YOU. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I would have had to earn everything I gained even if I wasn't born into society so what the hell are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Population growth
Assests leveraged
Inflation
Threat to the US dollar.

IMO 3x is an understatement

I just read India will overtake China in population in a very short time.
I don’t think the US will have natural population growth but we may have it due to hoarders of illegals, well they will probably be considered legal soon enough.

Water is already becoming scarce in some of these parts and we are going to see mass migrations.

Inflation and the threat to the US dollar is going to be scary, but I hope we all go back to bartering.
That would be hilarious to tptb

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would also enjoy a barter system.

In the land of plenty, perhaps its a damn good stopgap.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Good god, its like conversing with a child.

When did I say anything was owed to me? 

Your words:

I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. 

All you're doing is trying to paint what I say in the worst light possible. That's it. You're being a contrarien simply because you don't like my opinions.

Thats why I continue to quote you...? Im having a conversation on a thread of how bad things will get during this recession. Your posts indicate how bad they will get based on the level of entitlement and apathy on display.

I dont know you. I only know the words youre using.

Like I said, your incapable of putting yourself in someone else's shoes. The only person who has said that I think I'm owed anything is YOU. Stop putting words in my mouth.

False. I quote you to avoid exactly this. Ive already explained how your shoes fit. Not my problem if you didnt read.

I would have had to earn everything I gained even if I wasn't born into society so what the hell are you talking about?

How you constructed this comment is beyond me.

You chose to live in a society.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ah, so me pointing out that I was never taught the necessary skills automatically means that I'm "entitled" and believe that I was owed those things. So you're just reading what I said in the worst possible light like I thought.

Maybe you should consider the fact that I have a life that includes working 40+ hours a week which SEVERELY limits my ability to learn survival skills when you consider my hundreds of other responsibilities on top of that. That does NOT mean that I am owed ANYTHING, it is just pointing out a fact.

You have not quoted me, you have interpreted my words wrongly. You are ASSUMING what I mean when you literally have no clue what I actually mean.

MODERN DAY LIFE IS A HUGE ROADBLOCK TO ANYONE TRYING TO BE TRULY SELF SUFFICIENT! ESPECIALLY THOSE GRANDFATHERED INTO SUCH A LIFE! That's a fact whether you want to believe it or not.

Unless you expect someone to quit their job and abandon everything they've ever known and all their responsibilities without any kind of formal training to live out in the woods then what the hell do you expect from someone? Are poor children "entitled" when they want a different life but are unable to get it?

You are extremely out of touch. Extremely. Lay off the news and this website, it might go a long way towards your ability to sympathize and empathize with others.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Ah, so me pointing out that I was never taught the necessary skills automatically means that I'm "entitled" and believe that I was owed those things. 

Absolutely. Does someone owe you their knowledge? No. However many folks share it freely. Its your choice not to obtain it.

Maybe you should consider the fact that I have a life that includes working 40+ hours will which SEVERELY limits my ability to learn survival skills. That does NOT mean that I am owed ANYTHING.

I too remember my first part time job. Excuses, reasons or distractions are just a projection of your priorities. I dont fault anyone for how they choose to live or what to do with their time.

As with everything else in life, choice has consequences and in the same vein, those consequences may not be fair.

Allow me to share my favorite analogy.

I ride a motorcycle. Urban, suburban, rural, day, night, all the time im able. Should I get smacked by a car who illegally cut me off and there is a crash, whos fault is it?

Does it matter to me whos fault it is if im dead or severely injured?

MODERN DAY LIFE IS A HUGE ROADBLOCK TO ANYONE TRYING TO BE TRULY SELF SUFFICIENT! That's a fact whether you want to believe it or not.

Your choices. Not anyone elses. Deal with it however you wish.

You are extremely out of touch. Extremely. Lay off the news and this website, it might go a long way towards your ability to sympathize and empathizer with others.

Na, Im good. This is great entertainment and a free education for the onlookers.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:36 PM
link   

That's not what it means at all. That's YOUR opinion about what it means, doesn't make it a fact my friend.

"Pull yourself up by the bootstraps" is basically what you're telling me. I'm 46 years old, you aren't telling me anything I haven't heard a thousand times already. I was in my 40's when I came to my current conclusion about society. I guess I should just drop EVERYTHING I've ever known and abandon friends and family and just take few hour lesson to learn how to survive in the woods on my own, otherwise I don't have a right to complain and I'm "entitled" if I do.

Yeah, you're definitely out of touch. Not that you'd ever admit it. Your allusions to children and teenagers have nothing to do with me. Like you said, you don't know me. You acting like I'm some ignorant teenager that is entitled goes to show you know even less than you thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   

That's not what it means at all. That's YOUR opinion about what it means, doesn't make it a fact my friend.

Youve had two pages to clarify. Thats on you.

Yeah, you're definitely out of touch. 

Good thing that your opinion means squat to me. So far youve only proved my initial point.

Eta:

You acting like I'm some ignorant teenager that is entitled goes to show you know even less than you thought.

Im just going by whats presented. Dont you find it interesting that Im not the only one on these boards who have alluded to your ignorant opinions that are typical of one who is young or immature?

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

edit on 20-7-2022 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join