It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will this recession look like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:34 PM
link   
No doubt it's happening.

www.reuters.com...

Ford plans to cut up to 8,000 jobs - Bloomberg News
July 20 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) is preparing to cut up to 8,000 jobs in the coming weeks in a bid to reduce costs and intensify its focus on electric vehicles, Bloomberg News reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.

I was at the store (Menards) and the place was a ghost town. That is incredibly rare for this area.
Went to a greenhouse and the place was empty and also the shelves were very empty. I asked the worker if they will be permanently closing.
I was told she heard rumors but wasn't sure.

I've gone through the 70's (young) and through 2008, but I think we all know this is different. I'm sure there will be similarities.
High fuel, high food costs. I see houses losing value but maybe not crashing like 2008.
What I worry about is 401K, banking, and the sheer amount of people ready to lose it.

When we look back at 2008 and 1970's and the great depression, we see a lot of people taking it out on themselves. Suicides, depression, etc.
What I think we'll see differently in 2022 & 2023 is people want someone to blame and take it out on. More riots, more violence. We've already seen this in many countries. I'm noticing a shift in my area already which is somewhat insulated from some of these things.

What do you think? How do you see things going down?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

We are sitting on a powder keg and not by accident. The societal injustices are stacking up and thats not exclusive to any "side." Although the issues may be different, the semtiment is the same.

Whatever the spark, it will be an explosion and of course, our govt will be there with the "cure" to the disease they created.......yet again.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   
If unfettered capitalism isn't regulated then things like this will continue to happen.

Ford Motor revenue for the twelve months ending March 31, 2022 was $134.589B, a 4.29% increase year-over-year. Ford Motor annual revenue for 2021 was $136.341B, a 7.23% increase from 2020.

What a joke. Money above everything else, that's what our deeply sick society cares about most. We're addicted to mammon.
edit on 20-7-2022 by RegularJo76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
My Vanguard account has been down 34% , since at least a year.
That's a major loss. If I didn't live within my means and save an emergency fund , I would have been force to sell at a major loss.
I never go out or do anything , so spend little on gas , I have bills/food etc, but mostly I worry about the future.
Agenda 2030 /'the great reset' . I don't know how I'll react if I lose everything, my income , my assets.
That's my security, my reason to work hard and have goals .

I fear most the total loss of freedom and options .
I have not felt the same since the plandemic started, I don't see it every going back to how things were.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: RegularJo76

What a joke. Money above everything else, that's what our deeply sick society cares about most.

Thats a double edged sword. Money drives production and innovation. The world as you know it including advances in medicine and luxuries sucj as browsing an internet forum are parts of that.

Its expected.

Thus we have laws and regs to combat it. However now there is no difference in the bodies funded by taxpayers and elected officials from the ones that would subjugate their workers for their own gain.

Its all broken.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I agree it is a double edged sword. It has brought more evil into the world than good in my opinion. Comfort and conveniencedo not equal a better life.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Youre free to opt out.

Choosing to live in society comes with societal norms.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is the big one. Basically the culmination of all the NWO stuff ATS has been speculating over for decades.

They've known the system couldn't be sustained for a while now so they planned is a controlled demolition of the economy with the planned introduction of CBDC and social credit.

First was Event 201 that happened before Covid 19. They did another table top exersize like this to simulate cyber attacks. Basically whatever they prepare for ends up happening. Who they blame it on is up to them. What they do with the crisis like declare emergency powers is up to them.

If that does happen we will officially be the Ununited States of China and possibly just another part of the one world government.
edit on 20-7-2022 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known. I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. I was an adult working a full-time job with bills when I put the pieces together. I don't have the time to learn those skills now. I'm stuck just like everyone else.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known. I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. I was an adult working a full-time job with bills when I put the pieces together. I don't have the time to learn those skills now. I'm stuck just like everyone else.

That's the problem most people will have. Their goal it to do a lot of depopulation and then create a China style locked down government for those who obey.

Hopefully people wake up before they can pull it off.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

Hopefully people wake up before they can pull it off.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

You'll eat bugs and have nothing forever.

Or, it will run its course and things will pick up like they always do.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

That's the problem most people will have. Their goal it to do a lot of depopulation and then create a China style locked down government for those who obey.

Speaking of China, just saw that tanks are moving in as more banks aren't allowing withdrawls and people are getting antsy..
Are we watching our future?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RegularJo76

I agree it is a double edged sword. It has brought more evil into the world than good in my opinion. Comfort and conveniencedo not equal a better life.

Comfort and convenience do equal a better life. Just ask any 90 year old how hard it was in the good old days. Ask a doctor or scientist how convenience has increased efficiency. If it didn't make for a better life, why would mankind work so hard to make things easier? It's not all chalked up to laziness.

I can agree that in this day and age there does seem to be way too many comforts that make us weak and unmotivated. There IS a happy medium. We each need to decide for ourselves.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known. I was never taught the skills necessary to leave society and be fully self-sustainable. 

What an amazing comment, not unique but rare.

Its not that you cant but that you wont.

The entitlement and lack of motivation in one small post clearly highlights what exactly is wrong with society.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I totally agree with your post here. Comfort and convenience aren't inherently bad but like with everything else too much of it can be harmful. I think we are seeing that today, people have become entitled and selfish as a result of their convenience and comfort.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:09 PM
link   
UN agreed to an acceleration of Agenda 2030 according to this source:
[twitter.com...]

Don't bother shooting the messenger; I'm just passing along information I've run across.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Believe what you want. You're stuck just like everyone else. If the power grid goes out tomorrow I don't want to hear you complaining about any of the hardships you'll encounter because you think anyone can just up and leave no problem. Just drop all your responsibilities and leave all your family and friends behind, otherwise you're "entitled".

Your post is so out of touch I almost can't believe it.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:19 PM
link   

. If the power grid goes out tomorrow I don't want to hear you complaining about any of the hardships you'll encounter because you think anyone can just up and leave.

You wouldnt......for obvious reasons.....

Your post is so out of touch I almost can't believe it.

Is it?

I think the phrase:

I was never taught the skills...

Says it all. In a world where almost any information one would want is merely seconds away, its up to someone else to teach you?

You believe you are entitled to a certain status and quality of life as is described here:

Kinda hard to leave society when it is all I've ever known.

These are choices youve made and make. If the environment changes, those choices will have consequences regardless on your thoughts and feelings about them. That is life.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The one starting will be 3x worse than 2007 🤨

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join