It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicotine stops covid what? Then lets ban it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I like Vape, but I'm not sure that it is "smoking" ..... doesn't smell, and has a broad spectrum of effects depending on what's in the cart where as tobacco "smoking" is all about the nicotine fix as is those who "chew" and "dip" ....anyway, buy the ticket, take the ride.

eta...only 1 guy smokes on my crew, everyone else is using disposable vapesticks. I'm fond of the .....oops, can't talk about it on ATS.
edit on 17-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dffrntkndfnml

For sure for sure. That's about how I see things.

My opinion is that the majority of the people want to live # lifestyles and then blame other factors and other people when they start having issues.

People want to be free to do whatever they want with no judgement, which is generally fine, but with that there needs to be respect and self-accountability, and it certainly doesn't mean there won't be any repercussions at some point.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm a cigarette smoker and cannabis. I got the Alpha strain in January 2020 and it sucked for about 5 days. I very rarely get sick (once every 5 years or so) and knew something was up. I shook it off and have not contracted covid again in over 2 and a half years.

I'm not vaxxed.

The smokers here saying they got or currently have covid, are you vaxed?
edit on 17-7-2022 by Adamvegas because: Typo...

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I like Vape, but I'm not sure that it is "smoking" doesn't smell, and has a broad spectrum of effects depending on what's in the cart where as tobacco "smoking" is all about the nicotine fix as is those who "chew" and "dip" ....anyway, buy the ticket, take the ride.

eta...only 1 guy smokes on my crew, everyone else is using disposable vapesticks. I'm fond of the .....oops, can't talk about it on ATS.

Honestly, I don't care much for the nicotine. I care more about the smell and taste. I buy my tobacco from a humidor and roll my own cigarettes. In my tobacco tin I have what they call "A Hard Day's Night. It's got a bit of creaminess, and hints of cherry. It goes well with a bit rum in my opinion. I chew tobacco every now and then, but it's still more about the taste.

I loved the way it tasted. Even Levi and Redman from the gas station tasted pretty good. Sweet, and like raisins.

But like other tobacco you can get some nice stuff.

As far as if vaping is smoking. I get a chuckle out of it when people call vaping smoking. It's quite literally called vaping because you're inhaling vapour. Smoking, because you're burning the plant to inhale the smoke.

The dangers that come from vaping are from cheap vaporizers where they use poor quality metals which breakdown as the atomizer or coils heat up and break down. From using wicking material that has contaminants and chemicals such as bleached cotton or cotton that hasn't been stored properly and gets crap stuck in the fibers. And finally the juice. If you buy cheap juice it's going to have crap in it.

As far as the unspeakable carts go. I only like using those if I'm out and about and don't have any flour on me. I have friends who like me well enough to let me vape theirs', but I just don't like the taste, and it hits differently. In a weird way I don't like.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

Dude, how do you get better than perfection?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Adamvegas

I haven't been vaxed or boosted. One of my children had her initial treatments, vapes and had a similar experience to mine...

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 04:59 PM
link   

The smokers here saying they got or currently have covid, are you vaxed?

Nope. I'm pretty picky about what gets injected into my body.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I've chewed and smoked for almost two decades. Past few years I've mostly vaped and cut back on chewing and dipping to the point where I think the last time I had a dip in was probably three or four months ago. To my knowledge I've never had Covid.

I've had all the early 90s childhood vaccinations, and had the full gamut and then some again twice when the Navy lost my records, and again when they apparently didn't file my records from boot camp.

I rarely wore a mask and I never really social distanced. I've spent an entire month in close quarters with friends as they were dealing with covid. I haven't had any covid related vaccine or medication. I've had sex with people who were vaccinated though.

So, I think that covers most of the topics that come up in these types of conversations lol

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lol, just try it. Not saying you gotta ditch the PBR. I just found it to be a pleasant drink to switch to when I'm done drinking my ales and sours.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not trying to be a smart @$$, however, there are two types of acetylcholine receptors.

Summary of cholinergic synaptic events.
1: Acetylcholine Muscarinic receptors are located on all parasympathetic effector cells and some (generalized sweat glands) sympathetic effector cells.

Acetylcholine Receptors in Muscle Fiber (Cells)
2. Acetylcholine Nicotinic receptors respond to the binding of acetylcholine (ACH), which causes an excitatory effect.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I just think the similarities of how smokers were vilified along with the passive smoking BS. Is a bit too similar to the way the MSM were pushing the vaxed and unvaxed, all the idiots who fell for it are lost souls anyway. It seems to be a social experiment that they pulled off, then thought they would go the same route with the vaccinations. At least until it become obvious the unvaxed were a danger to nobody.
I am not vaccinated and smoke about ten roll ups a day, but since the pandemic started I have been taking Zinc and D3 and literally have not had the slightest sniffle during these times. I am not anti mask its a personal choice,its just handy as I ride a motorbike, you need something like that or a scarf anyway.

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

No, you are correct. The parasympathetic receptors are the reason nicotine relaxes the nervous system, while the musculature receptors are responsible for the simultaneous rise in blood pressure. Nicotine stimulates musculature around capillaries, closing them down and raising blood pressure.

I have actually looked into choline supplements, thinking my ease of addiction to nicotine might be an indicator of a lack of acetylcholine... but supplements didn't seem to make any difference. I wasn't able to investigate any further at the time, not having a lab to run blood samples (or anyone here who could take the samples for that matter).

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yeah me neither. I did not catch covid and i never wore masks anywhere that i could get away with. Which was quite a bit here in the netherlands. I didnt catch nuffin.

2 years i did this and this was supposed to be more infectious than the black plague.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoSun, 17 Jul 2022 18:28:13 -05002220227America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1v2

It took me about a year to work out how to cure and cut the homegrown stuff, and it seems to be a hybrid as I was growing burley and Samsun then the plants seem to have a smaller leaf but tasted like the blend of them both. Somewhat like the American tobacco of about 70%Virginia and 30% Turkish but you can have one smoke and it has a lot more nicotine in than the stuff you get from the shops very aromatic. So they have obviously been lowering the nicotine content over the years. I know that the commercial stuff has rice fillers, and nitrates to burn it faster. It's like all homemade stuff if its done right it comes out far superior to commercial stuff.
When I was a kid you had tobacconist shops where you could buy all different boutique blends out of stone jars. when you think of all the small growers that went out of business, as the big boys took over it's a crying shame as it was all natural stuff grown and cured with great skill. They are doing the same to the mom and pop shops as well now, and our lives become bleaker for it.

posted on Jul, 18 2022 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

I don't think that is so true.
Japan has smokers and covid has taken its toll on smokers.

Bro. You don’t speak for Japan and every single one of your posts has to reference the nation. Chill.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I just found something out, i thought you would be interested to know.

Here in the Netherland i just found out a couple of days ago that they are going to ban ordering cigarettes or rollup online completely. This has been possible since the time we could order stuff online and now just a few days ago the Dutch government announced that they will ban it.

If you hear of any other countries doing this let me know m8.

EDIT: No specific reasons have been given so far for this ban.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 20 Jul 2022 08:36:37 -05002220227America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   

When I was a kid you had tobacconist shops where you could buy all different boutique blends out of stone jars. when you think of all the small growers that went out of business,

It's still possible for small or large gardeners to produce a good crop of tobacco. I ordered some seeds on line to augment my other crops and the Golden Burley is a beautiful plant.

www.trueleafmarket.com...

eta...I don't smoke it myself but my GF likes to mix it with darkstar OG. btw...she didn't get covid.

edit on 20-7-2022 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

<< 2  3  4   >>

join