It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rail strike

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
www.freightwaves.com...

This looking like it's going to happen soon. Hope people are prepared

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First.

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Jul 14 2022 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dizzie56

I can see Biden staffing the rail crews with National Guardsmen next.

lol

What a #-show!

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The administration has had plenty of time to get its ducks in a row. The 30-day cooling off period ends July 18, and the administration has not appointed a PEB board yet to investigate the dispute and try to resolve things.

The parties reached the last national contract in 2011 after President Barack Obama appointed a Presidential Emergency Board (PEB) under the RLA to resolve the impasse between them. President Biden has until July 18 to appoint a PEB to investigate the dispute and propose a settlement between the parties. The unions rejected binding arbitration and have a legal right to strike as of this Monday if Biden fails to do so.

If Biden appoints a PED, it will have 30 days to investigate. Following the board’s report, the unions have another 30 days to accept or reject the recommendations. That process would delay the possibility of a strike until mid-September. The Chamber of Commerce, which put considerable resources behind getting Biden elected according to a Time article, is now begging him to keep the railroads running.

It looks right now like the Chamber might get what they paid for ... good and hard, because the Biden Admin hasn't dealt with anything before it become a major problem and they spent days trying to deny there was anything wrong.

(post by DBCowboy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So honest question. You think the biden admin is doing this on purpose? Just letting it fly and see what happens? Mayor Pete that incompetent or do you think he will try some last second fleaflicker type political play to look like a hero? Without rail this country will fall quickly.

Don't get me wrong, the workers are in the right on this one. It just seems the admin is hoping that they do strike instead of trying to make a compromise.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Well, this is just so much more complicated than pot holes in South Bend though.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:16 PM
link   

No. I just think the admin is effing useless. They have zero leadership, and are basically a rudderless rule by committee where no one knows from one second to the next what anyone else is doing. It's a sh1tshow as DB helpfully pointed out. I can't even extend them the courtesy of knowing what they're doing enough to pretend they're minimally competent.

They probably don't even know there is an impending rail strike. Hell, they might not even know what a railroad is.
edit on 14-7-2022 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

(post by musicismagic removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:24 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that just sounds peachy.

Does anybody know of a way to look up exactly what is shipped via rail now a days? I know DEF is heavily reliant on rail currently and therefor the trucking industry is as well. And i know phosphorus is shipped via rail and other fertilizer components as well. What other raw/manufactured goods are shipped via rail?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

No. I just think the admin is effing useless. They have zero leadership, and are basically a rudderless rule by committee where no one knows from one second to the next what anyone else is doing. It's a sh1tshow as DB helpfully pointed out. I can't even extend them the courtesy of knowing what they're doing enough to pretend they're minimally competent.

They probably don't even know there is an impending rail strike. Hell, they might not even know what a railroad is.

You are sooooo wrong.

This is by design. Yes, they are intentionally destroying our nation.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

we even no this overseas.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dizzie56
You think the biden admin is doing this on purpose? Just letting it fly and see what happens? Mayor Pete that incompetent or

Yes, and this situation will further inflation and worsen the recession.

This is intentional, clearly.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I would ask or Secretary of Transportation about this issue.

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Is he back from paternity leave?

What would he know about trains......?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You mean the woke hire?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Idk did I read the article wrong. It read to me like Union Pacific did it to themselves going from 12000 people to 3000 or is it covid related or something that I completely missed?

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 10:16 PM
link   

And what were the chances of some sort of Railroad debacle while Joe was in office ...?

Hunter Biden Served On Amtrak Board Because He Liked Trains

Hunter Biden also claimed to have “had as much knowledge as anybody else that was on the board, if not more.”

edit on 14-7-2022 by provocateur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Is he back from paternity leave?

he is becoming and expert on ....

i thinkk it is called changing sh55itng diapers.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join