It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many men have no clue

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A good friend of mine ended up paying 18 years on kids with two different women who had a kid and said it was his, but wasn't. The deal with the court system is if you do not confirm you are not the dad by x number of months after birth then it is your kid no matter what even if you do a DNA test later and you are not the dad.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I believe he may have been referring to Intelligent Design (yes there is a difference).

There are actually many different hypotheses involved in what I, admittedly loosely, referred to as "Creationism." Intelligent Design does encompass many of those.

There is a view in religious circles referred to as well as "Creationism" which simply argues that "the Bible is right and everything else is false." That is not what I was referring to; that is not science, but religion. I won't go into the details here (as this is becoming quite tangential to the topic), but suffice it to say that there are multiple competing scientific theories on how the earth became what we see today, and none are without their weaknesses.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

And yes, men contribute genetic material. Which is the easiest thing to do. Women spend monthes actually creating the baby and birthing it.

Do they mold it like clay? Rub their bellies and say grow...grow...grow...? geez

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

There is a view in religious circles referred to as well as "Creationism" which simply argues that "the Bible is right and everything else is false." That is not what I was referring to; that is not science, but religion. I won't go into the details here (as this is becoming quite tangential to the topic), but suffice it to say that there are multiple competing scientific theories on how the earth became what we see today, and none are without their weaknesses.

TheRedneck

The big problem with all religions to include intelligent design is they are all human constructs to feed our desires to have some kind of eternal purpose. The big problem is the universe can go on just fine, as it does, without any of it, so not really needed, but we so want it.

I for one do not like to debate something that is unprovable in the first place and really not required in the end.

edit on 21-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I agree this is getting far afield. I will wrap it up with one last comment on the subject (unless you feel the need to reply).
I have dabbled in many of them, as I am and always have been curious about our beginning.
TOE just leaves out SO much and there is SO much that it does not and can not answer, efficiently.
I found Creationism to be more of a 'theory of philosophy', rather than a scientific theory.
Intelligent Design, to me, answers most of my scientific questions, that are not found in TOE.
As can be seen in my Avatar, I am a Christian and while I agree with Creationism, Intelligent Design actually goes into the Science.
Secularist label it "pseudo science", but hell, I think half the stuff they come up with as evidence for TOE is pseudo science.

The way that science is done has actually changed, over time, to conform to TOE. It really is startling (is it evolving?).
Many nowadays don't even realize that the Philosophy of Science plays a crucial role in doing science. Many secularist, of the younger sort, have trouble even saying "philosophy of science". I have been told, right here on ATS, that philosophy and science are not compatible.
I guess not, they way they look at science.
It has become a religion to many of them.
Their sacred text: Peer Review.
Their god: Time ("All things are possible, given enough time).
Their savior: TOE (The theory of evolution).

Damn....
I do like to ramble. Sorry DTOM, if your reading...

edit on 21-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The big problem is the universe can go on just fine

That's the thing, perhaps it can't.
Experiments in what Einstein referred to as "Spooky Science" have had some really strange results.
We can continue in PM, if you wish.
Fascinating subject.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Intelligent design is not a religion. It is a scientific theory.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

No, I think you summed things up just fine.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Intelligent design is not a religion. It is a scientific theory.

TheRedneck

I didn't call it a religion, but religion is also based on intelligent design. Also, intelligent design is NOT a scientific theory either...lol

We might just call it a simple theory, hypothesis or a WAG as more fitting.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You should really read up on the things you discuss before discussing them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

TheRedneck

Show me the theory then, so I can read up on it.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Except when those theories are not based on peer-reviewed scientific theory, and rather based on religious beliefs.

If there is an actual intelligent design scientific theory that is peer reviewed then sure teach it in schools.

But from what ive seen, intelligent design often comes down to religious theology.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

TheRedneck

Show me the theory then, so I can read up on it.

Ive been out of the biology loop since college but last i remember my teacher was saying evolution is the only current scientific theory and never mentioned an intelligent design alternative.

Did something change in the past few years and a new theory come about?

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Evolution has gone through rigourous testing with multiple peer-reviews and evidence.

I never heard of creationism going through all that or having actual evidence.

Or having validity in the scientific community.

Theories have to be tested and peer reviewed to become scientific theories.

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Uhh how is creationism a scientific theory?

Because the Bible. Duh.

Pretty much..

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Evolution has gone through rigourous testing with multiple peer-reviews and evidence.

I never heard of creationism going through all that or having actual evidence.

Or having validity in the scientific community.

Theories have to be tested and peer reviewed to become scientific theories.

Religion is faith based, Intelligent design just suggests things are not random events within a controlled system such as how our universe is like that happens to be based on rules and laws as we call them.

The big question is why do you even need intelligent design? It just seems to me to be another way as we did in the past to describe something we know nothing about. How do we comprehend something outside our universe that can have no time, so always been, infinite mass, infinite size etc.etc., so we explain it away with hitting the Easy button and say intelligent design, just like with any other God we used to explain the unknown in the past.

edit on 21-7-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Maybe I'll start a thread, when and if I have time. It's off topic here, and any explanation would require multiple posts.

Don't know how big a hurry I will in to do that. You obviously wouldn't read it. You already know all you want to know.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Except when those theories are not based on peer-reviewed scientific theory, and rather based on religious beliefs.

You were not replying to me but, I would like to respond and I truly hope you will read the following words, without brushing them off or just skimming through.
Peer review has become a corrupt tool. It is used to sway public opinion and to generate false confidence in products or ideas being sold/pushed on the public.
It is hard for some people to believe but, scientist like politicians can be bought and "peer review" eerily matches the opinion of those funding the research.
Please, don't take my word for it though.
Here are the first three articles, when searching '''bias in peer review". Please note they are from the National Health Institute, the Mayo Clinic and Lex Academic, out of the 1,520,000,000 hits (I used DDG but google has similar results).
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.mayoclinicproceedings.org...(18)30707-9/fulltext
www.lexacademic.com...
Peer review means next to nothing in todays political/pharmaceutical environment.

If there is an actual intelligent design scientific theory that is peer reviewed then sure teach it in schools.

As afore mentioned, peer review means next to nothing in todays society. Your standards are being set on a faulty system, that for the most part has been highjacked by God hating secularist with "daddy issues".

But from what ive seen, intelligent design often comes down to religious theology.

This is the real kick in the balls that many people refuse to see....
The theory of evolution has become exactly that, religious theology. It has become this overwhelming, all encompassing theory. It could not stand alone and all of the sciences had to be incorporated to try and make it make sense, and it STILL falls short.
Even the way we "do science" has changed to accept the theory of evolution.
The theory of evolution has become a religion to many. It fits the very definition.

religion
noun
1. The belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers, regarded as creating and governing the universe.
2. A particular variety of such belief, especially when organized into a system of doctrine and practice.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

duckduckgo.com...

1. The super natural power, regarded as creating the universe in Evolution?
Time.
2. The particular variety of belief organized into a system, doctrine and practice?
The theory of evolution.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings?
Peer Review.

Finally, the only argument here?
Who has the most compelling form of religion?
Like Hinduism, Judaism and/or Christianity, that is all Evolutionism is.

ETA: I truly hope you get the chance to read this before an unnamed individual comes along and tattles about me be so far off topic.
I fully expect this post to be removed by noon tomorrow but the subject is important and needs to be discussed.

edit on 21-7-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Guys, stop for just long enough to read one simple sentence:

Theories about world origins are obviously OFF TOPIC here.

I cannot moderate in this thread, but I certainly will NOT contribute to such an obviously off topic trend. I will no longer respond to any mention of such in this thread.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 21 2022 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You obviously wouldn't read it. You already know all you want to know.

It obvious you are being an ass today...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join