It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many men have no clue

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
I gave that a thought too, wow, just wow.

Everyone loves the little children.....until they have to pay for those mofo's, then, not so much.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Cute, DA Hamilton Burger. LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Perhaps select a receptacle of higher individual character?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's exactly what I am seeing, it's disgusting.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Uh, I never said there were not programs. I clearly stated that it may not be as easy to get assistance as you think.

Also, wouldn't the onus be on the people who've made these laws to make sure that the women who need help get it, as many of the women who would not have needed assistance, are now going to as they will be forced to remain pregnant and bear the child?

You also have many, like the current GOP candidates in OK, running on slashing welfare programs.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Cute.

Fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Quadrivium
It is comparing your frame of mind to theirs.

My frame of mind is based on current laws and the United States Constitution.

Ah...no. Not so much bud.
You still have the same mindset as those who wrote the law I quoted in the 1600s.
Want proof?

I don't see the word 'unborn' in there either. But I did see that embryos are property in the legal case I cited. In the legal cases you haven't cited I haven't seen anything.

=

killing of an enslaved person could not constitute murder because the “premeditated malice” element of murder could not be formed against one’s own property.

calendar.eji.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

That's exactly what I am seeing, it's disgusting.

They're mostly all talk an no action. The good news is the main demographic that is anti-abortion are geezers so they'll reach their self life sooner rather than later.

edit on 20-7-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

You will see that this ruling will only affect poor minority women already struggling in poverty, so let's hear their side of it.

Any ruling, any law, any action will always affect the poor more than the wealthy. That's just a fact of life. The wealthy have, by definition, a monetary buffer that the poor do not.

However, I agree with your sentiment. The issue has been kicked back to the states, so let's hear from those actually trying to access help what their issues are. I don't think I have ever said any different; my ire against Roe v. Wade is and was that it was being used as a bullying tool to shut up people. I want everyone in on the conversation.

If there are (and I am sure there are) holes in the available assistance programs, we can fill those holes once we know what they are. But one cannot fill a hole one doesn't know exists.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

You still have the same mindset as those who wrote the law I quoted in the 1600s.

The laws I'm citing are recent, not from 400 years ago.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I agree with your sentiment too but the bullying now is in the hands of those that are forcing women into a corner with no way forward or out of poverty.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Much like the wnba, if baby murder were actually supported it wouldn’t be an issue.
Women won’t even support it.
If they won’t, why would men?

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

wouldn't the onus be on the people who've made these laws to make sure that the women who need help get it

No, the onus is always... always... on the person needing assistance. We're not going to set up a program where as soon as a woman finds out she's pregnant, someone from the government rushes up to her door with wads of cash.

That's hyperbole (obviously), but it does sometimes sound like that's what people want and expect. And it's just not going to happen. Programs have to have restrictions, else everyone would use them and there wouldn't be enough to go around. And guess who that would hurt the worst? The people who need the programs the most!

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes, it is cute and that's a fact.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It amounts to the same thing; if the programs can't be accessed because of restrictions then to the women trying to access them, there aren't any programs that can help them.

There has to be a better way to persuade women to not abort with programs that don't keep them in poverty but help them and their children get a leg up.

think about your position here. You didn't know any programs existed a few minutes ago, now based on one posters opinion, you KNOW that NONE of these programs work. Maybe you should do some DUE DILLIGENCE before you throw the baby out with the bathwater. (pun intended)

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The laws I'm citing are recent, not from 400 years ago.

I never said you were the only one with this backwards form of thinking. I have said "you and those like you".
Many people were OK with killing slaves at that time in history.
Many people were OK with killing Jews at that time in history.
Many people today are OK with killing the unborn.
None are "property".
All are human beings and have the same basic human rights.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Abortion was not an issue for most of recorded history, it was only American Christian wackadoodles and doctors who felt like midwives were cutting into their earnings that had a problem with the procedure.

And being that it still isn't banned it looks like pretty much everyone shares my 'backwards mentality'.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   

After listening to the S. Carolina leader say they had no programs, what else could I assume?

I've skimmed through some of those programs, and the dole outs are pitiful. Children are expensive.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Yes, it is cute and that's a fact.

If you think it's cute that you feel Venn diagrams count towards legal evidence that's your issue to resolve.

posted on Jul, 20 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I agree with your sentiment too but the bullying now is in the hands of those that are forcing women into a corner with no way forward or out of poverty.

That's called "human nature." Any time one side bullies another, the other will eventually gain an upper hand and return the favor. It's never happened otherwise throughout human history.

The sane course of action now is to address the issue methodically and calmly without either side resorting to more bullying. Of course, that seems to be as impossible as changing human behavior, so for the time being we'll keep slinging insults and making harsh laws.

Perhaps some day sanity will prevail. Perhaps. I'll be here if and when it does. Until then, I might as well join in the fray. When in Rome...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join