It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali’s Ban on Gas will impact Asian Restaurants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
As a fairly accomplished amateur chef, I can say from personal experience that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you're going to fry an egg or boil a pot of water, then no, there's no difference. But the kind of heat, the intensity, the distribution of the heat, the control that a gas flame gives to the cook makes a world of difference in the preparation of a complex recipe.

It's not a matter of any flavor that the flame "imparts" to the food. Rather, it's a question of how the heat effects the chemical and physical changes to the food throughout the process of cooking. Those are nuances that perhaps only someone passionate about cooking would comprehend. There is a major difference. If you can't understand that, it can only be due to ignorance and lack of experience.

As a trained former professional chef and restaurateur who's used gas and induction I can tell you that the latter heats quicker and to higher temps than gas. Looking into this article further the sources are talking about portable induction units that won't be able to provide the voltage to match portable gas units. Commerical induction units will be able to outperform gas units due to not having this challenge. Not that I agree with bans but the premise of the article is flawed.

edit on 4-6-2022 by AugustusMasonicus because: dey terk er election

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: vNex92
a reply to: JAGStorm
It wont impact Asian Restaurants it would impact all Restaurants what the media is doing with this race bait articles is ridiculous.

That is not true, a diner can cook on electric.
Toast, eggs and bacon do not require gas cooking.

Yes it will impact other restaurants will but it will majorly impact Korean and Chinese cooking which is almost exclusively done with gas. Some of the actual crockery will not heat up the same with electric ovens/stoves.

Idk. Every restaurant I've ever cooked in has used gas regardless of cuisine. I know some of the diners and fast food joints use electric, but I don't see this being very popular with many of the finer establishments.

But what do I know? I've been out of the game for a while.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Commerical induction units will be able to outperform gas units due to not having this challenge.

There is no way you can tell me a piece of steak cooked over fire can compare to one cooked on an induction unit.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Most top steak houses don't grill, they broil or cook on a skillet.

Not sure what that has to do with Asian restaurants though.

posted on Jun, 5 2022 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Why doesn't California just get to their endgame ?
Banning LIFE in California .

They are working their way up. They already banned intelligent life.

posted on Jun, 8 2022 @ 11:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join