It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali’s Ban on Gas will impact Asian Restaurants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh Heck NO!
They’ve gone too far now!

www.yahoo.com...

Los Angeles' ban on gas stoves could spell the end for many Korean BBQ, Chinese restaurants

This call to action may have cascading effects on the food industry in Los Angeles, especially for Asian restaurants, where the quality of food relies heavily on industrial woks, ovens and grills that require natural gas.

This is so dumb. Can you imagine never having Korean bbq, or A good Chinese meal again? These things require fire!
It absolutely does not taste the same being cooked on electric.
The other part of this is that the grid won’t even be able to handle everyone converting over. So how about they leave the restaurants alone.

I also think them going after leaf blowers and mowers is short sighted too.
At what point does California just crumble inward? Maybe this means they will bring some Asian restaurants to the Midwest!
edit on 3-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why doesn't California just get to their endgame ?
Banning LIFE in California .

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can’t wait for the EV Apocalypse, when California goes permanently grid down due to too many electric cars plugged in at once. 2030 maybe 2035.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I can’t wait for the EV Apocalypse, when California goes permanently grid down due to too many electric cars plugged in at once. 2030 maybe 2035.

I would give that 2 to 3 more years at most. The rest of the country maybe 5 years. You have to give them time to mine the minerals that make the batteries that power the cars.

If they do the all electric resteraunts, cut that to 1 to 2 years.

edit on 6 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Two-thirds of the US face the prospect of blackouts this summer

I don't think we have to wait for 2030 for this reality to strike home. I researched a little bit into the story and learned that the large sections of the country are actually managed by these four letter named companies. Your electric company is managed by these transmission line companies and it's not governed by state boundaries. In my area it's called WE energies and I use to think they were independant but after self learning, they are not.

It's surely getting interesting how these policies are hitting home much sooner than I would have expected.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

California imports about 1/3 of their electricity now because it can’t produce enough to meet demand.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's not like there are any Asian restaurants in California.

/sarc

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: beyondknowledge

California imports about 1/3 of their electricity now because it can’t produce enough to meet demand.

I am aware of that. It will take them some time to switch over off gasoline and gas cooking before they burn out the system with the additional load.

I would like to see the satellite view of that cascade failure that is going to happen. It would be nice if it happens at night to show it better. A wave of flashes followed by darkness spreading from the overloads.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:22 PM
link   
It wont impact Asian Restaurants it would impact all Restaurants what the media is doing with this race bait articles is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Nobody ever talks about where this electricity is going to come from to replace fossil fuels. Sure you have solar and wind but California already can't keep up with the demand.

Here is a story from just a month ago warning California residents this strange phenomenon will happen again this summer.

Califor nia prepares for blackouts in hot dry summer

How absolutely insane must one be to impose further restrictions on fossil fuel use? Are the people in Cali really this stupid?

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

Just a little pic.

Three major grids. Eight major supply connections. Basically the eight areas that can independently be brought down. Notice how the entire West and Texas are just one each. Total up or total down unless the local area is isolated. But RFC (yellow) was taken but a squirrel fried in a substation and cascaded from there.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It kinda makes you realize that splitting up California into multiple states was a good idea after all.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vNex92
It wont impact Asian Restaurants it would impact all Restaurants what the media is doing with this race bait articles is ridiculous.

That is not true, a diner can cook on electric.
Toast, eggs and bacon do not require gas cooking.

Yes it will impact other restaurants will but it will majorly impact Korean and Chinese cooking which is almost exclusively done with gas. Some of the actual crockery will not heat up the same with electric ovens/stoves.
edit on 3-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:53 PM
link   

What are the 8 major supply locations?

I tried googling it several different ways and can't find the answer. Lend a hand?

Leaving this post up in case anyone else didn't comprehend the answer. The 8 supply connections are the 8 area's in the country that have their own, operator.
edit on 3-6-2022 by litterbaux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Great, I’m in the high risk grid.

Summer is survivable where we live without electricity, but it isn’t fun. Almost everyone has a basement and ours stays at 65 almost year round.

My son and I have been messing around with my rocket stove to “practice”.
We used dry grass to start it up and then fed it sticks, it actually burnt for quite a while.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:00 PM
link   

A squirrel isn't going to take down everyone from the rockies to the west, lol. I'll educate myself on that squirrel story after this post but there's no way, in a parallel system, for one line to go down and take down everything. Sure it might take down your neighborhood or even your city, but not half the country.

If I have a different opinion after reading the squirrel story, I will respond.

Also checked a box on my bucket list, #32 Use squirrel in a conversation, make sure you reference "Squirrel" 3 times.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Not sure why you would ever need a rocket stove. Propane, at least not yet, is still really cheap. If you lose power and don't have a gas stove, you can get a cheap propane grill.

I know Hank approves of the method.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Great, I’m in the high risk grid.

Summer is survivable where we live without electricity, but it isn’t fun. Almost everyone has a basement and ours stays at 65 almost year round.

My son and I have been messing around with my rocket stove to “practice”.
We used dry grass to start it up and then fed it sticks, it actually burnt for quite a while.

Just an idea but I would look into a ventilation system that can circulate the air from your basement through the rest of your house and back. Might just need a fan and some ducts. I would make it both regular power and solar as a backup.

This would not only make your whole home livable in a down situation, it will save on your current heating and cooling costs.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Not sure why you would ever need a rocket stove. Propane, at least not yet, is still really cheap. If you lose power and don't have a gas stove, you can get a cheap propane grill.

I know Hank approves of the method.

I do have a propane grill, but I like to have a backup to my backup. Grass and wood is free and plentiful here.
Think about this, if the power goes out for large portions of an area, how will places sell propane? Those that can will sell out fast too. Also storing a big amount of propane isn’t safe.

Back to the rocketstove. Huge swaths of human populations cook on the equivalent of a rocket stove.
It is also very easy to transport.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I searched the story and I can't find anything. There just might be too many results to muddy the water tho, I didn't realize squirrels were such a hazard. There's 187,000 results for the search term "rfc substation squirrel".

Seems like too round of a number. Squirrels are on the board of Google and suppressing negative squirrel information. #32

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join