It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cali’s Ban on Gas will impact Asian Restaurants

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

Don't use any sort of combustable materials to cook inside your home. This includes gasoline in a generator.

Don't do it, you will die.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Just an idea but I would look into a ventilation system that can circulate the air from your basement through the rest of your house and back. Might just need a fan and some ducts. I would make it both regular power and solar as a backup. This would not only make your whole home livable in a down situation, it will save on your current heating and cooling costs.

My basement is over 1800 sq ft, so pretty sure we could live comfortably down there as long as needed.
We do have a circulation system for our house right now because it is 3 stories. The top floor always is much hotter, especially the SW corner. That room cooks!

I’ve looked into solar for a long time, but there are a lot of problems with it too.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: litterbaux

Don't use any sort of combustable materials to cook inside your home. This includes gasoline in a generator.

There is this big black stone griddle movement, and all these idiots love using it inside and in their garages.
It makes me cringe.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I think you replied to the wrong poster.

edit on 6 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I did, my apologies.

2nd

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

www.reuters.com...

They always tell us before it happens….

U.S. Midwest in danger of rotating power blackouts this summer

Think about these headlines!!!!
They want everything electric so they can control us fully!
Gas = freedom. Gas is transportable!

Electric cars, electric mowers, electric cookers, then the grid goes down! Stupid!

edit on 3-6-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Just an idea but I would look into a ventilation system that can circulate the air from your basement through the rest of your house and back. Might just need a fan and some ducts. I would make it both regular power and solar as a backup. This would not only make your whole home livable in a down situation, it will save on your current heating and cooling costs.

My basement is over 1800 sq ft, so pretty sure we could live comfortably down there as long as needed.
We do have a circulation system for our house right now because it is 3 stories. The top floor always is much hotter, especially the SW corner. That room cooks!

I’ve looked into solar for a long time, but there are a lot of problems with it too.

I was thinking small solar for just ventilation, some lights, and a pump for a shower. More of an camping type set up as a backup. I have a portable 12 v / USB system I put together. USB water pump, lights, fans, etc... Makes life easier when waiting after a storm.

Those whole house solar systems are eating up the battery stocks just like the electric vehicles are.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Thank you for that link.

If you think about it, what a great way to squeeze middle America, your freezer is thawing.......

You can run your generator but it makes noise and when everyone has no power...... it's going to sound like a beacon.......

If you can even afford the gas that generators take..... it's a lot.

You can protect yourself and your property, for now, against people that also have freezers thawing....

edit on 3-6-2022 by litterbaux because: added content

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

2003 “branches touching lines in Ohio”

More details

Somewhere I read 2 days and 50 million people in the dark.

Now Hurricane Ike had the biggest part of Ohio out for over a week in places. But some mighty big trees snapped a whole lot of power lines.

As for the vulnerable spots in each of the 8 zones, you won’t find it online. But cascade happens when a spike in demand causes overproduction that overloads the system as safety protocols engage.

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: litterbaux

That is why I have saws in my survival supplies. If everything is down and you need to cut wood, an axe can be heard for miles. A hand saw, a few hundred feet. A sawsall or electric chainsaw is quieter than an axe.

edit on 6 3 2022 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2022 @ 11:52 PM
link   

So Burger King is done in California? Those flame broiled burgers cooked on natural gas flame broiler grills. Steak houses too. Those flattop grills like Waffle House and Cracker Barrel uses are natural gas too.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If we get to that point, we're all screwed anyways. You're talking about the distance cutting wood would be heard... I mean come on. If that's ever the actual case, it's already over.

It's frightening that this conversation even happened. I guess hope the glass isn't actually half empty?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Wow.

What a kick in the face to races and an industry that helped define your state LA, bravo. They built the rails to get you there and heavily influenced culture after they did, now they can piss off. I'm sure it screws a bunch of other races too, sharing that climate burden.

Those industrial woks have no real match I can think of in the culinary world. I don't know if they make induction burners that get hot enough as I've not seen many, but I don't think electric could possibly get hot enough without having a carbon footprint comparable to gas.

Maybe there's a company that makes them. Maybe they're connected to some people that maybe are connected to somebody maybe in government, or knows somebody who is. Restaurant equipment is insanely expensive and I wouldn't be surprised to see politicians openly stealing from the cancer kid's jar at 7-11, so it's not at all outside the realm of possibility somebody is making money somewhere on this.

Just policy for the sake of policy. No real observable goal, just climate. No measurable benefit, no science to support anything. Just climate. We have to do this because climate.

Can anyone tell me, those who believe "because climate", at what point do we know that "because climate" has been a success and we can resume not making illogical sacrifices "because climate"? Just a few specific milestones we can look at and say "objective accomplished". When have we won? Is it just about driving (or boycotting depending the day) Tesla and commiting to only eat bugs or is there some numerical value in some model somewhere?

I'm dying to know what scientific end point we have in mind, some numbers, for my victory preparations. I want to be the first to display my pride in humanity finally winning the war on climate. I just need to know those measurable outcomes we're looking for, numbers. After those numbers I'd like the $ numbers and what goes where. So many numbers to discuss, but where do we find them? Who has published these numbers?

Could it be that this war, this battle for the very future of humanity, is being left to chance? We've not analyzed how far we must go to win? How could we let this happen at such a critical time for the future of life in the known universe? Extinction within a generation would seem to merit a more cohesive plan of action. Maybe I just need to relax and let this play out. Who really needs tangible goals toward winning the war to save the only known civilizations in existence, anywhere, in the known universe?

I'd say they aren't telling the truth about something, but we all know that would be a conspiracy theory and none of them are ever true.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

You kinda lost me in the first paragraph but the rest was okay.

You should relax, long posts like yours is a lot of pent up aggression. You have people to talk to, even if it's just me. What do you think they aren't telling the truth about?

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

California imports about 1/3 of their electricity now because it can’t produce enough to meet demand.

Doesn’t Green California buy a lot of power from that Navaho power plant in Arizona that sreads and burns tires mixed with oil .

Now that’s green!
edit on 4-6-2022 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 06:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

You kinda lost me in the first paragraph but the rest was okay.

You should relax, long posts like yours is a lot of pent up aggression. You have people to talk to, even if it's just me. What do you think they aren't telling the truth about?

How dare you tell me to relax you son of a...!

I wrote that post leisurely while I was doing other things over the course of an hour or more. I'm not in the least bit upset. I'll probably have this one open for a while too. I don't necessarily think very linear like, so wandering away from a post for 20 minutes is just somewhat normal. I don't rush. It's done when it's done. I find writing more enjoyable than nearly any other activity. I find most of clown world amusing when it's not directly interfering in my life and I like writing about it.

Sarcasm is just a pressure release. I have a fair bit of disdain for bad policy being promoted to solve problems that bad science hasn't well defined. I am dissatisfied with the current goals given they claim we are fighting for the future of our species. I don't believe them because it's not true. I don't believe their solutions because their solutions are all predicated on it achieving a result that is yet to be defined. If the problem were as dire as they claim no rational person would find the nubulous goals of "reducing carbon footprints" acceptable. That would be madness. I asked questions that I know have no answer, because them not having the answers is the only clue you need to solve the riddle of climate change.

There is no winning the climate war. There is only paying for the climate war with personal sacrifice, spread out in installments, for the rest of your life. By pure coincidence an international NGO just happens to have lackeys inserted all over western governments and also by pure coincidence their goal is for you to have nothing, which sounds awfully similar to a lifetime of sacrifices which happens to be how we win the climate war. It's so convenient, all of it. COVID reducing production, war reducing food availability, gas reducing travel, everything reducing your ability to save, all these negative feedback solutions just happen to feed each other and the only solution is to sacrifice more.

The first paragraph was just stating that asian immigrants played a big role in California being opened for business and then had lots of influence on its culture. This ban is, as far as I know, eliminating their access to the means to continue operating a traditional business with a strong cultural history. While American Chinese food isn't authentic Chinese food, the people that brought it and other Asian cuisine to California are very much authentic Asian people.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

[Propane, at least not yet, is still really cheap. If you lose power and don't have a gas stove, you can get a cheap propane grill.]

Actually, propane is not cheap. My house uses propane for heating and cooking. It used to cost us between $350 to $400 to fill up the propane tank. The last two fill ups were just under $600.

In the winter it needs to be filled every other month even though I keep the the furnace set at 62 degrees night and day. I'm not happily looking forward to the the cost of the next fill up since the latest price hikes. It's probably going to be around $800 or more.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 07:57 AM
link   

It absolutely does not taste the same being cooked on electric.

Why? Cooking on a gas stove imparts no added flavor to a dish.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:03 AM
link   

At what point does California just crumble inward?

I think it already has. We're just watching the shell implode. There's nothing left.

posted on Jun, 4 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It absolutely does not taste the same being cooked on electric.

Why? Cooking on a gas stove imparts no added flavor to a dish.

As a fairly accomplished amateur chef, I can say from personal experience that you don't know what you're talking about.

If you're going to fry an egg or boil a pot of water, then no, there's no difference. But the kind of heat, the intensity, the distribution of the heat, the control that a gas flame gives to the cook makes a world of difference in the preparation of a complex recipe.

It's not a matter of any flavor that the flame "imparts" to the food. Rather, it's a question of how the heat effects the chemical and physical changes to the food throughout the process of cooking. Those are nuances that perhaps only someone passionate about cooking would comprehend. There is a major difference. If you can't understand that, it can only be due to ignorance and lack of experience.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join