It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court’s Roe ruling would trample the religious freedom of every Jewish American

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

Your source is the Watchtower? The Jehovah Witness magazine? Uh yeah, I prefer to use non religious sources.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

It would seem to me that this bill would be fine. There is legal precedent to justify killing someone without facing charges. Self-defense. I doubt one would face charges in any state because they terminated a life threatening pregnancy. Typically, it's a choice between the baby dying or both the baby and the mother dying. If it did go to court I'm certain the lawyer would have no issue convincing a judge or jury.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Ugh overturning roe would do nothing to the abortion issue other than allow states to decide for each individual state.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Does this mean Jewish Americans and satanists are teaming up over political talking points?

In todays episode of how the clown world turns…

I don't think christian religions have much room to talk.. History is violent and cruel. Not to mention catholicism's pedophilia priests.

People aren't evil if they don't believe "a life" begins in the first week.

Not sure where jesus said you can't have early term abortions either.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
The same posters that supported forced vaccinations with an experimental drug and supported people being fired and erased from society are the same ones crying about “My body, My choice”. Suck it up buttercups because everyone you’re asking to defend your stance you threw under the bus not to long ago.

SAY IT AGAIN!!!!!

You dumbasses gave up your right to kill innocent babies when you proved you don’t care about bodily autonomy.

Don’t like it? Pick up your rifle and do something about it.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What gets me, is all the groups that are so sanctimonious about the sacredness of life, seem kind of oblivious about how many women are going to die attempting to abort babies themselves or get back alley abortions if the abortion laws are changed. I have two daughters, I am not pro abortion, but if god forbid they feel they have to have one, I want it done by someone who wont kill them.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

What gets me, is all the groups that are so sanctimonious about the sacredness of life, seem kind of oblivious about how many women are going to die attempting to abort babies themselves or get back alley abortions if the abortion laws are changed. I have two daughters, I am not pro abortion, but if god forbid they feel they have to have one, I want it done by someone who wont kill them.

We can’t stop killers from killing.but we don’t feel bad when they die, especially when it’s by their own hand.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Ugh overturning roe would do nothing to the abortion issue other than allow states to decide for each individual state.

This is true, Irish. All the killers have to do is to go to a state that allows it and have it done. Many not ready to be parents can alleviate their problems by using birth control.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:09 AM
link   

why would they do something like that? Did the SCOTUS ruling (that hasn't happened yet) remove the right to abortions?

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Does this mean Jewish Americans and satanists are teaming up over political talking points?

I don't think christian religions have much room to talk.. History is violent and cruel. Not to mention catholicism's pedophilia priests.

Jesus didn't bring up the killing innocent babies in any of his talks. But I'm sure he'd be cool with killing a few of them. (mostly the bad one's) He's very progressive that way.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: tamusan

Except the whole point of my OP is that any law a state passes that prohibits abortion prevents Jewish people from practicing their faith, thus violating their 1st Amendment rights.

My religion is the First Church Of Bankrobberism and I demand the right to rob banks on my many holy days or you will have violated my first amendment rights.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I have two daughters, I am not pro abortion, but if god forbid they feel they have to have one, I want it done by someone who wont kill them.

I have a daughter as well; I can sympathize.

In 2013, Alabama passed a bill, HR 57, in response to a larger-than-usual number of complications from shoddy abortion attempts. It simply required abortion doctors to examine patients prior to prescribing drugs and that abortion providers have admitting rights to local hospitals.

On 2014, U.S. District Judge Myron H. Thompson issued a temporary restraining order blocking enforcement of HR 57. It was later shot down over claims it violated Roe v. Wade. How did it do this? Because the abortion centers claimed they were not able to maintain medical standards and would close down.

The continual cries about Roe v. Wade being about women's health are lies. It has been used to allow shoddy medical practices to continue and to allow women to have their health endangered, all in the name of abortion. Shooting it down will not make abortion unsafe... it will simply allow states to decide for themselves how to regulate it. And this leaked opinion, while not official, has already had one positive result: the major offender that caused Alabama HR 57 to be needed in the first place, Planned Parenthood, last month closed abortion centers in Alabama. They are claiming it was due to "staffing issues" but their timing says otherwise.

If one cares about women's health, one should also care that the abortion providers are medically competent.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Brotherman

No it means that taking the rights away from women is so egregious that Jewish Americans and Satanists are on the same side. Apparently law makers do not care that 70% of women in the country are pro choice.

You need to add in the statistics of stages of pregnancy, most women are ok with it in the first trimester but that % drops dramatically in the 2nd and even more dramatically in the 3rd. So to say 70% are ok with it isn't entirely accurate. There is nuance involved in those numbers.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

True at that, I am sure the overwhelming majority want rules in place, I know I do. However what we are seeing with new laws and new bills in the works they are getting more restrictive than most agree with, to outright bans from fertilization.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: CptGreenTea

Well here is one way you can tell what his mind is...

Matthew 5:17 (“Do not think that I have come to abolish Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.”).Mar 1, 2020

About your statement that people aren’t evil if they don’t believe life begins in the first week>>
No, just ignorant of the (cosmic) law, and ignorant of science. All the doctors and nurses and priests, and even the Pro Choice industry knows life begins at conception. It is unwise to imagine that we are somehow better than the Almighty Creator of all that is. In fact, such thinking comes out of the Humanist Manifesto.
The Pro Choice leaders know life begins at conception, but they pretend it is not so, and deliberately misrepresent the facts to promote their agenda. They even know that the Pill acts as an abortifacient, as I already stated elsewhere in this thread.
The Pro Choice movement would even misrepresent the Old Testament and the Jewish religion, as of to suggest that because Jewish rabbis may say that abortion is granted for saving a woman’s life if she is in jeopardy during childbirth, just as in most clear thinking people today, it should not be construed as condoning abortion except for the dire situation of a woman’s life, and even then only because both mother and child wouldn’t survive.
Pro Choice and other radical factions often seek to use religious texts to justify their positions(ie texts about eating shellfish and so on).

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: jidnum

True at that, I am sure the overwhelming majority want rules in place, I know I do. However what we are seeing with new laws and new bills in the works they are getting more restrictive than most agree with, to outright bans from fertilization.

Even the very likely unscientific poll I saw on the news yesterday had numbers like 61% so at best ( likely not even the truth) you added at least 9% to the figures.
Just saying, exaggeration does not help your cause.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I've posted the link previously here or on other threads. I'll find it again for you.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

It just puts it to the States where it should be. The ruling has not allowed abortion to be banned federally. So stop your own sanctimonious bull about it.
And by the way, the sanctimonious radical left can stop the bull about saving lives while they give illegals the shipments of infant formula while taking it out of the mouths of babies of legal American citizens. Such hypocritical bull.
edit on 13-5-2022 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Look how many gang members die trying to kill other people. Stop being so sanctimonious and just legalize their killings! I'm not personally for gang members killing people, but if they have to do it let's make sure they do it safely.

posted on May, 13 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I asked this question 100+ posts ago with no response, so I'll ask again...

What did Jews do prior to 1972?

edit on 13-5-2022 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join