It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You notice this at the Grocery Store

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Here in Fl Black bears are protected. Guess that was part of the reason. Probably wanted to do a examination on it to see what it was eating and anything else they could learn.

They said they thought it weighed about 500 lbs, it sure tore the front end of his car all to hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Xtrozero

Thats exactly what we do. Then I can a lot of it. And it will help the bill, as soon as I can get in the garden.

I don't can, just have 3 freezers lol

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Have you noticed that hardly anyone has a full cart at the grocery store anymore.

Nope. Wanna know why?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Nope. Wanna know why?

Your wife does the shopping like mine does?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No. I don't go to the supermarket. That's for people who like old produce and processed garbage.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I've heard that! People still talk about that cheese. I've never tried it. It looks like it's similar to that block of Velveeta?

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

No. I don't go to the supermarket. That's for people who like old produce and processed garbage.

I wish you'd quit bringing me into the conversation.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: JAGStorm

Oh, I never gave it a thought. The person I was replying to stated the only people with full carts are on EBT. Which would include you as you state you had a full cart. It was more sarcasm on my part for his stereotyping.

I of course have no problem with people who need assistance, get it. Hate to see a parent sacrifice a meal for their kid, or as a coworker said once he was surprised to hear that not everyone grew up eating ketchup packs in hot water as tomato soup.

I didn't take it as such, more to the person that made that incorrect assumption. Not everyone with a full cart is on EBT, not everybody with a small cart isn't. It's unfortunate that, that IS the stereotype. Maybe there is some truth to it.

My father has stories of basically coming close to starvation because my grandpa wouldn't accept charity of any kind. Oddly, that same mentality was drilled into us. We never starved, my parents were lower middle class, but we always had food.
I remember you said on here how your mom was always angry with you (& siblings?) if you didn't eat your food or were complaining, as she had starved as a child? My mom is from the same generation I would guess, and she remembers being hungry during WW2 in the Netherlands. She would scrape plates clean and would actually dream of food . I hope we never have to experience this here, especially as none of it is needed as it's all deliberate!

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think you and AM have a little bromance going, and I'm so here for it.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No joke, I once worked with this very large woman. She was talking to another co-worker about how all she ate was organic this, premium that. I also kid you not, she brought in Mcdonalds for breakfast every single day of the week. If you are going to do it, own it, who cares! I love Doritos every now and then!

I was also in the hospital for several months while my mom got treatments. I would go to the cafe and people watch. 99.9999 of the doctors were eating junk food. Nurses and other staff were for the most part pretty healthy eaters.

edit on 14-4-2022 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientlight

It was eggs, we could not waste eggs because they were so precious to her growing up.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well, be thankful I didn't mention it's almost the date you sunk back in 1912.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Im in Northern California. There is a awesome Farmers market going on blocks away every Thursday and Sunday. Some of the farmers are my friends, and let me know when they are picking certain vegetables I want. They also give me special deals. There is even a family that has a fishing fleet in Alaska, who "over night" fresh fish from there for Sunday. Its expensive, but excellent quality. Halibut, King Salmon, sea scallops, and some Steelhead they raise in a river on quality non GMO feed. That Steelhead cant be beat!

Most of the supermarkets have decent produce here, and the smaller markets have dynamite produce.

I love grocery shopping! I fill my cart often. I have 4 deep freeze chest freezers here. Im constantly adding to them. During summer I process fresh sweet vine ripe " Shady Lady "tomatoes into sauces, and stack them in deli containers. I just put away pounds of frozen crab legs, Texas wild shrimp, and pounds of sea scallops. I also buy several packages of chicken(thighs, breasts, party wings), and freeze them on trays, then vac lock them for long term storage. Same with Skirt steaks, New Yorks, Rib eyes, and chuck steaks for stews. Also pounds and pounds of tiny lamb T-bones, Pork baby back ribs, are split into two portions, vac locked, and stacked like cord wood. Then theres rock cod, Halibut, King Salmon, Calamari, Mahi Mahi, Pollock, Stacks of assorted raviolis, large sacks of assorted wheat berries, Faro, lentils, bulk walnuts, almonds, pies, home made meat pies, pie shells.

I see my freezers as money in the bank. Its only going to get more valuable the way this country is going. Now is the time to fill your carts- then your freezers, while there is still time.
When SHTF, I plan on feeding my neighbors and friends with fresh hot loaves of bread, roasted meats, premade soups and stews. There is going to be some spaghetti feeds here too! I have 5 gallon buckets of dried pastas, grains, legumes... You name it.

Folks, now is the time to fill those carts while you still can. Be prepared

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Folks, now is the time to fill those carts while you still can. Be prepared

I read a story about a man that saved his neighbors during war on just his garden. It warms my heart to read things like that and your story too. May you have endless blessings! I hope to do the same, but hope I never need to!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:42 PM
link   

When Leonardo Decaprio held me at the bow, it was the most romantic part of the cruise.

That and tossing poor people overboard.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It was eggs, we could not waste eggs because they were so precious to her growing up.

I recently learned about water glassing eggs where you keep them in a water solution and they stay fresh up to 1.5 years. My friend who stores his eggs from his hens that way said the cool part is a spoiled egg will build gasses and float, so any floating eggs you just throw away.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When Leonardo Decaprio held me at the bow, it was the most romantic part of the cruise.

That and tossing poor people overboard.

I bet when you kicked him in the face as he reached for your board was a 3rd.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
That Steelhead cant be beat!

I live near Portland OR and Steelhead is considered a lower class of fish here compared to Salmon, but I like it a lot more. Its a firmer meat that barbecues easier and has a lot less salmon flavor that can be strong for many with salmon.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I recently learned about water glassing eggs where you keep them in a water solution and they stay fresh up to 1.5 years. My friend who stores his eggs from his hens that way said the cool part is a spoiled egg will build gasses and float, so any floating eggs you just throw away.

I read all about that. Natural eggs have a bloom that can keep them fresh for a while. For store bought they do that water glassing with lime or something, but for some reason I recall that it really isn't as safe as people believe. I personally would not trust any food preservation that I didn't do myself. I've had real food poisoning (not just from eating Taco Bell
) but real food poisoning and it was horrific. My dad had salmonela and he also really suffered from that.

posted on Apr, 14 2022 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Ok, I really want to know about that.
I sell my eggs from my girls for 1.00, but still end up with a lot of them.
I usually end up scrambling them, and freezing them.

Ah, its storing them in Lime. I've read about that, just haven't tried it.
Going to have to.
edit on 14-4-2022 by chiefsmom because: addition

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join