It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is Back Online Time to Backup Your Posts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
How do I backup or download my posts etc? I don't see an option for that though I am on my phone so maybe that is why?

Get adobe on your computer. Go to stuff you want to save and right click, save as .pdf

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

" Is that like my former fiancé that stuck a 9mm in my ribs on accident? I mean when she said she was leaving, I didn’t argue about to get her to stay. "

Yeah , but Don't You REMEMBER Ahabstar , The SEX was GREAT ! ,,,,,,,*)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2022 by SwissMarked because: Wrong Topic

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My gawd! The "give up" vibe of this thread...if ever there was a time to form a "coalition of the willing", this it.

It isn't 2020 with SO posturing for the highest bidder. Feels more like a fire sale. Why so doomy? Can we not cultivate some agency here? This was once a provocative place of daring.

[
edit on 21-3-2022 by JetBlackStare because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

You are to Judgmental Madam , I am Appalled !

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

You're adorbs, but your grammar is not. But you're old school ATS, so I'm totally into it.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Hmm.. Do You Think I am Sexy in a That's 70's Show Way ? ...........*) I am just Happy to be Here .

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

More in that "throw up in my mouth" sort of way.

Then again, I do that when I look in the mirror....

edit on 3/21/2022 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

originally posted by: awhispersecho
How do I backup or download my posts etc? I don't see an option for that though I am on my phone so maybe that is why?

Get adobe on your computer. Go to stuff you want to save and right click, save as .pdf

Yeah sorry. I've done that for threads I've wanted to keep for a long time now. It's just they way it was stated had me thinking that ATS had a built in way to do it or something. Sorry for the confusion but thanks for responding.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I hope ATS doesn't go away.

The people here are some of the most interesting to observe.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I don't see any stars on any comments. Can I make this comment now?

Let's see, pressing reply . . .

Ah, yes, I can reply, however, still no stars. I guess I can edit my posts as well.

Let's see . . .

Hummm, curiouser and curiouser.

edit on 21-3-2022 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Testing, testing, 1 - 2 - 3

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ats admin
Your information is safe and secure. There was an issue with the host and the card they had on file. This has been fixed and we will make sure this doesn't happen again. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thank you for the explanation. I was worried we lost the site. Glad it is back and running like normal.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Ah, yes, I can reply, however, still no stars.

No stars in the BBQ Forum. That said....

I haven't been around in forever, but saw somewhere on the internet that ATS was back up. Well, a little birdie told me anyway. So, I did some reading.

1. Seems like the Mods are more laid back now. A new directive from the new ANON owner(s)?
2. Everything looks the same as the last time I was here, so no major revamps as yet. I wonder if the ANON(s) has (have) a programming team to keep things updated? Is the coding perpetually static now?
3. I saw a few avatars I recognized, a few names that brought back good memories.
4. I have some catching up to do.

edit on 3/21/22 by Druid42 because: Was originally a one line post that offered nothing to the topic. Expounded a bit.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I’m amazed at people who kind of seem ungrateful to forums and sites like ATS and YouTube and others who provide them with a forum for their opinions and get antsy when things go kind of out of whack.

As they say: ____ happens

We have to expect things like this in cyberland, and perhaps should be grateful we have places like ATS and others to vent are spleen. I wouldn’t be too anxious to bite the hand that feeds us.

No one is perfect.

I'm here mainly for the UFO forum and even though editorially I'm not with the average joe here I'm grateful for this forum for the opportunity it provides.

That's me, though, folks I'm sure feel different.

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: peaceinoutz

Yes, "Don't it always seem to go, that you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone?"

I'm glad to get my fix, I had the Jone's real bad.

But I'm ill, I need help. Is there a conspiracy help hotline?

Well, yes there is. It's a real addiction . . .

People who strongly believe in conspiracy theories and become addicted may experience some of the following:
Anxiety or fear for no particular reason.
A perceived loss of control.
A need to make sense of complex topics or unrelated events, even with little or no topical knowledge.
Low self-esteem.
A strong urge to make connections between a series of unrelated events or behaviors.
A belief in paranormal explanations for scientific phenomenon.
A sense of not belonging or isolation.
A great alienation, disengagement, or disaffection from society

. . . Conspiracy theory addiction can cause long-term psychological and social harm to an individual. Therapy that centers on personal goals and strategies to achieve these goals can have a powerful impact on improving a sense of control and empowerment. If you’re interested in treatment for conspiracy theory addiction, call a treatment provider today.

www.addictioncenter.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Thank goodness ATS is back online. My heart was slowly dying. It makes me really want to back up all the anti-cancer threads and cancer cures related threads for sure.

This forum is my anti-cancer knowledge backup.

I am an Australian.

1/3 people in Australia will get cancer during their lifetime.

I think that I truly would be lost without ATS.

That's really what I was feeling when ATS was down.

A loss of community.

I did manage to feel better when I went to Reddit ATS and saw others there posting but one of them got me real down when they said they had a source they trusted 110% that ATS would be gone for good.

WELL SCREW THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT BECAUSE THAT WAS A REAL DOWNER FOR ME!!!!

ATS IS BACK BABY IT's BACK AND IT AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!

I felt that I was lurking for a couple of years before i decided to register with ATS...

Here is one of the original owners registered account dates... SimonGray: 29-6-2002
Skeptic Overlords - another ATS Owner: Registered: 4-7-2002
Mine: Registered: 5-6-2003
Guess it was just under a year.
edit on 21-3-2022 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2022 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ats admin
Your information is safe and secure. There was an issue with the host and the card they had on file. This has been fixed and we will make sure this doesn't happen again. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

It's actually been a good drill. We now have three or four fallback positions that are relatively populated with ATS regulars.

Gotta say...many were thinking ATS was gone for good.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Hope the people running ATS are making some LESSONS LEARNED over this.

A big one for that list is to UPDATE THE ATS TWITTER ACCOUNT with a status so that people don't think the site has just gone dead forever.

🖞🖞🖞🖞🖞🖞🖞🖞🖞

And if the twitter account doesn't work for some reason, establish one that does.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

I was one of those.

I thought maybe there was just too much truth on this site and it was taken off the net without warning.

posted on Mar, 22 2022 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here is the reply I made in another thread on Saving Your ATS Posts . . .

Go to FILE in your browser then "save as" or "save offline".

The browser will make a source file that has all the information on the page and a page link. Open the page link and you have the page just like you saw it online, except you don't need to be connected to see the page. The links to other pages or links outside the saved page won't work unless you're connected online.

Save it to a file you use for this purpose. Use that file to make back ups on a cloud server or on drives you have at home. That's how I do it. I also share the files on my private network so all my computers and devices can share it.

As for text only webpages. It might be possible to set the page for viewing without pictures, then save as an off line page. I'm not sure as I never tried that yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join