It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate speech now allowed on Facebook and Instagram, BUT only if it's against Russia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Spacespider

What about the McCarthyism of the 1950s?

Turns out he was mostly correct. Communists had infiltrated many many positions and we only learned the truth after the fall of the USSR and defectors. So it turns out the anti-McCarthyism side were the real obfuscators.

Now we just have to deal with all of the consequences of not listening.
edit on 11-3-2022 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

"Ummm" LoL

I think you may find its Russia coming across as rather "disingenuous" by way of their claims of "fake news" when they have clearly targeted and hit hospitals and civilians areas in Ukraine.

Don't ever seem to recall the west spitting the dummy out and threatening to use nukes or chemical weapons in any of the Gulf wars which granted were also illegal given the lack of WMD.

I believe what i see, and that's Russia attacking the Ukraine, simple as that really.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

Russia is indeed the big bad wolf in this scenario.

As to pitting us plebs against one another, nothing new on that score, when has divide and conquer not been the colour of the day and how "they" operate.

Don't make Russia's illegal invasion of the Ukraine any more palatable or correct.

As to diplomacy i dont think Putin is interested in such, just in saving face, and good luck to him on that score.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Halfswede

Correct in the minds of Qanonanuts maybe.

Your problem is communism is a political ideology and form of control just like democracy which is still a prison where the majority cannot see the bars.

Nonetheless the most desirable form of government humanity has yet to devise(democracy).

As to the consequences of not listening, seems to me that's a generational affair and unfortunately part and parcel of the human condition.

edit on 11-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Aye indeed that crap "mad bad Vlad" is perpetrating is indeed rather nonsensical.

As to my opinion regarding the fellow well I'm entitled to that, same as yourself.

Im buying what my eyes and ears tell me, same as yourself unless you are privy to some other information you care to share?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:12 AM
link   

"Ummm" LoL

I think you may find its Russia coming across as rather "disingenuous" by way of their claims of "fake news" when they have clearly targeted and hit hospitals and civilians areas in Ukraine.

Don't ever seem to recall the west spitting the dummy out and threatening to use nukes or chemical weapons in any of the Gulf wars which granted were also illegal given the lack of WMD.

I believe what i see, and that's Russia attacking the Ukraine, simple as that really.

Ummm…again with the disingenuousness…

You do realize that Lion heart Zelinskyy had the military park howitzers and other military equipment in apartment blocks…and school yards…right…?

You also realize that Zelinskyy…had his military stationed in that empty hospital…right…
I mean…that one picture splashed around the world…of an obviously uninjured woman on a stretcher…was reminiscent of a white helmet production…right…?

Don’t recall Russia staging color revolutions while causing the overthrow of the elected government…then moving troops and staging weapons and equipment in Canada Or Mexico…Right

Don’t Recall Russia encircling The good ole US of A…or your quaint little group of small islands…with military bases…and continually backing the US into a corner…right…?

Again also…with the context issues…

Ummm…you don’t believe what you see…you believe what your conditioned to see…and then you regurgitate everything that the MSM and your daddy.gov…fills your head with…

And you stating that that’s what you…”choose”…is the epitome of hilariousness…the very essence of jocularity…the quintessential core of…the jokes on you…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"Ummm"

What i realise is that Vladimir Putin has invaded his neighbour under false pretence and is currently shelling hospitals and civilians.

Simple as that really.

And if you refuse to accept the fact of the matter i suggest its yourself that's "Ummm" rather disingenuousness.

But thanx for the history lesson.

edit on 11-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I don’t care tbh

It’s wartime

And It’s time to escalate

Preemptive nuclear strike on Russia asap IMO

And that folks is why I’m not president or PM lol

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   

"Ummm" LoL

I think you may find its Russia coming across as rather "disingenuous" by way of their claims of "fake news"

I believe what i’m programmed to see

Ummm…I know…right…

Like when Russia claimed a single pilot of a vintage plane…became an ace in a day…and proudly called him…”The ghost of Kiev”…

And when those thirteen heroic Russians became known the world round As…”The hero’s of Snake Island”…

Or when Russia’s actor comedian leader was knighted with the title…”Lion Heart”…

It just brings a tear to the eye…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's ironic that McCarthyism was thrown out there in this thread.

From Oxford:

A vociferous campaign against alleged communists in the US government and other institutions carried out under the American Republican politician Senator Joseph McCarthy (1909–57) in the period 1950–4. Many of the accused were blacklisted or lost their jobs, though most did not in fact belong to the Communist Party. The campaign ended when McCarthy received public censure in December 1954.

Substitute "Communist Party" with "Russian military/government" above, and tell me if what we're seeing now (i.e. cancellation, economic isolation on a massive scale) is not an echo of McCarthyism.

I can dislike and disagree with Putin, and his motives, without letting that dislike taint my outlook on the Russian people. Punitive measures to cut off the Russian people from the global financial system, the Internet, travel, goods and services, etc, is McCarthyism.

The sanctions have been conspicuously broad but don't seem to be targeted at Putin and his top level people. For instance, consider:

Notably absent from the Swift ban are Sberbank and Gazprombank, both key banks in Russia.

The decision to delist some banks but not all represented an EU compromise. A number of countries, including Germany, have argued it is important to make sure some banks remain on Swift to help Europe pay for essential energy imports from Russia and to allow some other vital transfers.

Oh. So not all banks have been sanctioned. Hmm. What Russian officials have accounts in those banks?

What measures have been specifically targeted towards Putin's assets, vs going after the Russian people's financial capabilities, en masse?

The unwashed masses are being goaded into generalized antipathy and dislike of ALL things Russian, not just Putin, and not just his military advisors and henchmen. I won't play along, just like I don't dislike and resent Chinese people despite the CCP and Xi's many transgressions, which by the way, while not on the level of invading a sovereign nation, are quite a lengthy list of human rights violations and anti-democratic policy.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:37 AM
link   

"Ummm"

What i realise is that Vladimir Putin has invaded his neighbour under false pretence and is currently shelling empty hospitals and civilians.

Ummm…I know…right…?

Cause in your mind…and in the mind’s of your programmers…

207,000 dead civilians in Iraq…
47,000 dead civilians in Afghanistan…
=
349 dead civilians in Ukraine…

The very epitome of false equivalency…

YouSir

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Okay, so here's my hate speech against Russia:

Putin, you are insane and a disgrace to the Russian people.

Russian people, I regret that you do not have leadership to bring you to a peaceful and productive future. Your wealth of innate talent is wasted by those who hold power in your country. I wish you no harm and strongly hope you can make your leadership change the disastrous course of their policy.

Russia overall, a vast and mysterious land capable of doing so much for the entire world.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Edward Bernays would be proud.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

"Ummm"

What i realise is that Vladimir Putin has invaded his neighbour under false pretence and is currently shelling empty hospitals and civilians.

Ummm…I know…right…?

Cause in your mind…and in the mind’s of your programmers…

207,000 dead civilians in Iraq…
47,000 dead civilians in Afghanistan…
=
349 dead civilians in Ukraine…

The very epitome of false equivalency…

YouSir

Everyone seems to gloss over the NATO (US and UK) invasion of a sovereign nation (Iraq) under false pretense, that resulted in catastrophic loss of life and destruction of that country's infrastructure.

Sadaam was a bad dude, but .... demonstrably had nothing to do with 9/11 .... and at worst, had some rusty old barrels of mustard gas and a cruddy and impotent chemical weapons program (which practically every other country on Earth also has).

I love my country but have intellectually honesty to see when we're not walking what we're talking. Our foreign policy is a complete and utter disaster. People like Ron Paul have been pointing this out for a long time. Regardless of what you think of his other positions, he is completely right on this issue.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Good for Facebook and Instagram!
Although Putin needs a shot in the head, not just hate speech.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Disgusting, this forum see's a lot of the same discriminatory bollox, from people who should know better.

I for one won't forget how easily they turned from so called freedom fighters, into MSM shills.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Spacespider

What about the McCarthyism of the 1950s?

Wha-wha-what about....

Yes, what about it?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
so if a countries leader does something stupid its ok to commit violence on the people from that country

So I guess it should be fine to hate all Canadians because of mini castro and hate and commit violence against Americans because of biden?

sounds about right for clown world
edit on 11-3-2022 by just4fun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Could someone please point me to ANY Russian videos (of them fighting or the aftermath of fighting) that are false or propaganda cos I aint seen one yet. But I've seen multiple videos of false, manipulated or with a highly suspect propaganda edge from the Ukrainian side. Just asking.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Tekner

Well for a start the 50s came after the 40s.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join