It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate speech now allowed on Facebook and Instagram, BUT only if it's against Russia.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:33 AM
link   
(Link in Dutch, use a translator)

www.metronieuws.nl... cebook#Echobox=1646983611

So Facebook and Instagram have changed their policies in relation to hate speech. Where spreading hate was first promptly dealt with in the form of posting bans or account removals, now, people are allowed to spread hate, as long as it goes along the lines of the western narrative and it's against Putin or Russians in general.

Absolutely despicable if you ask me, and a great way to destroy any form of meaningful dialogue, fueling a fire of hate amongst the common folks.

Divide and conquer 101..

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I thought it was fake news when I first read it..
Using social platforms as active hate speech platform against anything is just crazy, I thought we ending this in the 40´s

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rolicia

Putin is the one doing the dividing Rolicia.

If in doubt check out his mad table scenarios.

Freedom to Ukraine!

Down with the illegal Russian invasion of a peaceful nation.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

What about the McCarthyism of the 1950s?

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's a very dangerous thing they did ... they will promote hate speech and the world will have to deal with it for years. They can easily manipulate public opinion and with that they will show that social media, unelected public informers, have the power to do anything. Imagine that in your country you will mostly see that your neighbouring country is douing very pourly against your citizens .. after the year of constant informational bombardment you will want to go to war with that country. I'm not talking about Russia - Ukraine .. possibilities are endless in todays world.

In my opinion social media just signed their execution order in US ... just wait for the time US gets to the election year and politicians will cut loose ends.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Putin is the one doing the dividing Rolicia.

That may be, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is big tech being the arbiters of when and towards who hate speech is acceptable.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

It is true no "may" about the fact of the matter.

And the likes of BitChute, Parlour, Frank Speech, Gab, Rumble, Telegram, and Truth Social, are shovelling and promoting hate speech by the barrel load.

Fact of the matter is Facebook and Instagram are not the only social media sites arbitrating controversy in spades.

I agree that its a bad idea.

Down with the illegal Russian invasion of a peaceful nation all the same which was, and is, completely unacceptable.
edit on 11-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:02 AM
link   

They have always allowed it. It was allowed towards Trump, towards anti vaxxers and towards whites. Now it's the Russians turn.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Think about what was allowed before social media raised its ugly head all the same.

Like in the last century for instance.

Right up until the beginning of the 1960s our News papers and politicians used all sorts of explicit racist terminology to describe coloured people.

Christ at one point people used to display signs like no blacks or Irish allowed at their places of business and establishments.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Down with the illegal Russian invasion of a peaceful nation.

It's fun reading these spastic reactions to Putin's military reply to the Bidens.

Think: how many times in history has one country sent their armies into the lands of others? Ain't nothing changed. Just that 'the bad guy boogeyman' who has been America's nemesis since Patton named them such went in raw.

Too bad civilians accepted small arms when Zelensky started handing 'em out. Too bad Zelensky started shooting males between the ages of 14 and 60 who were trying to get out of the Russian's way.

And, buddy ... you ain't seen nothing yet. The in-and-out hasn't even gotten rhythmic. Off-ramp ahead is inaccessible, Sir!!

ETA: Who cares what policies Farcebook comes up with? If you don't like the hate speech ... close your account.
edit on 1132022 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The thing that changes Snarl is the weaponry, so there is that.

Hitting civilian targets with cruise missile and thermobaric rocket barrages just is not on in this day of age.

And then there is the threat of the use of nuclear weapons to consider.

Sorry this is somewhat of a different ball game imho.

As to "spastic reactions" can we say that here at ATS, any road if we can, then i direct you towards Putin sitting at the one end of that massive table all on his lonesome looking like he's lost the plot, whilst his sycophant minions scurry about in fear attempting to appease there master and carry out his whims.

Because if that's not rather spasticated im not sure what is.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Think about what was allowed before social media raised its ugly head all the same.

Like in the last century for instance.

Right up until the beginning of the 1960s our News papers and politicians used all sorts of explicit racist terminology to describe coloured people.

Christ at one point people used to display signs like no blacks or Irish allowed at their places of business and establishments.

Here in the West we pride ourselves that we got over all that decades ago. We have laws now that prohibit hate speech and racism. Of course that only applies when it suits the agenda of the powerful. Saying that it was prevalent sixty years ago is just stating the obvious and doesn't justify or negate what the MSM and social platforms do just now.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

The point i was attempting to convey is that we refuse to learn from our past historical transgressions and choose to repeat the same just with a different technological base aka the information age in which we now exist.

Humans have a penchant for repetition from one generation to the next and seem hell bent on repeating the mistakes of yesteryear.

I thought that might have been rather obvious midicon, so there is that.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

And yet here you are on ATS buying the narrative. I have seen what you write about Putin. I'm no Putin fan but you won't see me parroting the MSM narrative about mad bad Vlad, it's nonsense.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Spoiler alert.. Its not humans who are doing all of this, its a few individuals, not just the russian man, its the whole club. Most of us regular folk want to live in peace, but for some reason, we have allowed a control freak psychopath to rule every country in the world.

Time to bring out the guillotines or die for their causes.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:50 AM
link   

yet, YouTube will delete a podcast because Trump tells the truth in it.

Social media is insane.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:51 AM
link   

As pointed out already, who does the dividing isn't the issue here. It's about pitting us plebs against eachother and influencing public opinion in such a way that soon, people will start demanding agression against the big bad Russians, instead of de-escalation and diplomacy.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Agree, double standards are all over the place.
They're not even attempting to hide the bias anymore.

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

No the 1940's is when you taught to hate Nazis and not Jews, the 1950's is when you taught to hate European ethnic Nationalism and not Asians, the 1960's is when you taught to hate European Conservatives and not Africans, the 1970's is when you taught to hate the European working class and not Multi-Culturism, the 1980's is when you taught to hate European Religious values and not the Satanic, the 1990's is when you taught to hate European moral values and not nihilism, the 2000's is when you taught to hate European self determinism and not Globalism, the 2010's is when you taught to hate European self expression and not censorship, the 2020's is when you taught to hate European existence and not annihilation.

It is therefore acceptable to hate Russia because they are European, promote Nationalism, Conservative values, Religious values, moral values, self determinism and freedom of cultural self expression and continued self existence, the popular solution to this being promoted is their Nuclear annihilation.
edit on 11-3-2022 by Madrusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2022 @ 06:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

Hitting civilian targets with cruise missile and thermobaric rocket barrages just is not on in this day of age.

Ummm…your such a true believer…praise be to daddy.gov…

You are aware that there are estimates of upwards of 207,000…civilians killed…just in Iraq…as a direct result of my country…and your country…in this last war there…

Another 47,000 civilians killed in Afghanistan…by my country…and your country…

Approximately 346 civilians killed in Ukraine as of March 6th estimates…
Since the conflict began on Feb 27th…

Frankly…sir…you just come across as disingenuous…whether your purposely obtuse…or just dwelling in ignorance…remains to be seen…

So…let’s keep things a little in context…shall we…

YouSir
edit on 11-3-2022 by YouSir because: Edited for clarity…

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join