It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 358
<< 355  356  357    359  360  361 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PatriotGames4u

The difference is you actually engage in conversation and back your claims up with facts. You don't try to bury posts with facts under useless posts. You don't try and drag the direction of this thread into a direction that is already being discussed in its own thread. It just gets old is all im saying.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:21 AM
link   
* - Relative calm night in Maryinka, volunteers brought humanitarian aid, evacuation of civilians to Kurahove continues

* - Erdogan: Istanbul talks can pave way for Ukraine-Russia leaders' meeting

* - 8 people have already been charged in Czech Republic with supporting Putin's war in Ukraine. 126 more now being investigated, Police Dpt Informed

* - A U.S Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle "CW12" along with whatever Aircraft are flying along with it is continuing to make Rounds near the Polish-Ukrainian Border and the NATO Base in Rzeszow as it has for over 2 Hours now, at points getting within 9 Miles from the Ukrainian Border

* - Turkish President: We will continue to take a constructive approach to resolving the crisis between Russia and Ukraine

* - Erdogan: It is possible to reach a solution that meets the demands of both parties and satisfies the international community

* - Turkish President Erdoğan speaks at the opening of the negotiation meeting with the delegations of Russia and Ukraine held in Dolmabahçe palace

* - Ukraine-Russia talks to begin at 10 a.m. local time at Istanbul's Dolmabahce Palace. It's the first in-person talks in over two weeks. Ukraine said it's most ambitious objective is to secure a ceasefire

* - Russian army shelled high-rise administrative building in Mykolaiv. Building destroyed

* - Mykolaiv(10:18). Red Alert: aerial threat. Sirens sounding. Take cover now! (+2 mins old)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The difference is you actually engage in conversation and back your claims up with facts. You don't try to bury posts with facts under useless posts. You don't try and drag the direction of this thread into a direction that is already being discussed in its own thread. It just gets old is all im saying.

Understood & agreed.

I just think what you described is what we should base opinions of other users on, regardless of their join date.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

"A U.S Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle "CW12" along with whatever Aircraft are flying along with it is continuing to make Rounds near the Polish-Ukrainian Border and the NATO Base in Rzeszow as it has for over 2 Hours now, at points getting within 9 Miles from the Ukrainian Border"

I suspect the biden idiot is planning to find out whether a certain air to air missile can shoot down a certain cruise missile either if putin launches them at Poland or the next time he launches one at the border.

Can't think of another reason for an f15 to repeatedly be there in these strange patterns, it doesn't really have any other uses nowadays.

This conspiracy theory is also that there are quite a few American planes patrolling that border 24x7, but that most of them aren't visible.

The biden idiot wants putin to see this one for some reason.

edit on 29-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I have had experiences on this site dealing with hot topics and new join dates who have no interest in doing anything but derailing the thread and the ways they tried to do that is exactly what I am seeing here over the last couple of pages. Granted I dropped to their level with some of my responses. To me solely attacking a source is nonsensical, especially when that is all that is offered.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I have had experiences on this site dealing with hot topics and new join dates who have no interest in doing anything but derailing the thread and the ways they tried to do that is exactly what I am seeing here over the last couple of pages. Granted I dropped to their level with some of my responses. To me solely attacking a source is nonsensical, especially when that is all that is offered.

Yeah, I was watching, and mostly resisting the urge to jump in and make a splash.

The join date argument is just something I like to preach about whenever I see an opportunity, not really a big deal.

Started with Phage using it in a debate about something race related (join date = skin color) long ago, and I've just seen it that way ever since.

Damn you Phage!

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Certainly a possibility but I doubt it since it could drag the US into the war and Biden is, well, you know.. the thing.... I know a section of F-15's were dispatched to Poland and I was under the impression they were equipped with electronic warfare setups. Plus I dont know why we would need fighter aircraft for that given the other types of EW craft Nato has in the immediate area. Now that I think about it the flight in question was on my flightradar24 overview.

The last issue I saw dealt with Russian missiles (cruise missiles) that had an abysmal target hit ratio coupled with a lot of the missiles being intercepted / shot down. I'll try to find the article but it was along the lines of 80+ missiles launched with only 6 coming close to their targets (I think they were aimed at Lviv or Odessa)..

Some of the other info I am seeing in Russia no longer has the forces to encircle / take Kiev, Kharkiv etc. The fact Russia has had to send forces from the far East and Georgia says Russia is in trouble. Russia's next option is to go to general mobilization and if Putin goes down that road his secret war will be exposed.

ETA - Ah yes... good old Phage

edit on 29-3-2022 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Me, sipping my breakfast tea this morning and thinking about all these haters coming to bury the updates posted by Xcathdra.

Keep a good work going, Xcathdra.

Not that they have much to say anyway

'Dogs are barking and caravan is going' situation.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Did you find Beau?

Aye he's quite good and always a voice of reason regarding most topics he takes an interest.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I know how crazy it sounds, but I just can't think of any other reason to have an f15 there.

Every other function can be done cheaper, easier, and better by other aircraft.

It's only unique capabilities are speed, thrust to weight, and AESA for ZAP zone, along with a wide range of launch systems for air to air.

The only other publicly known plane I'm aware of that's also capable of testing a certain air to air missile against a certain new cruise missile is the f22, so my theory (fear) is that the biden idiot has given orders to attempt to shoot down the first one that threatens Poland or Americans near the border, and the presence of the f15 is the biden idiot making sure the putin madman knows.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

He was a great wartime leader that certainly did not take any guff from the Nazis or anyone else for that matter.

Not really suited to hold sway in times of peace all the same but aye he sure did cut the mustard when he was required.

Thing is that cockwomble Boris we have in place right now attempts to emulate Winston's mettle and falls face first on to his arse at every turn.
edit on 29-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'm not sure if he would have made a good 'peacetime' leader, but he did accurately predict the coldwar based on russian activities immediately after the war, and even coined the 'Iron Curtain' phrase.

Churchill, Patton & Mcarthur are the only 3 historical figures I'm aware of that not only knew a massive global cold war (or worse) was inevitable, but that it was already being waged by the russians while nearly everyone else on the planet was ignoring the flashing signs.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:03 AM
link   

I know we have deployed F-22's to Europe, Poland included, in the past but im not sure if they are there now. I keep an eye on Rzeszow Poland as its a designated NATO base. We also have moved missile defense systems from Germany to Poland. That's just the US though. I know other NATO countries were shifting assets to the Baltic's, Poland etc. There are currently 4 NATO "task forces" in E., Europe and that is set to expand to 8 in the coming weeks.

As for Russia not stopping after Ukraine I think it will be Moldova. I think that will be off the table though if Ukraine keeps pushing Russian forces back / keeping them stalled / etc.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Look at the PM before Churchill.

Chamberlain was just about ready to jump in to bed with Hitler to avoid the slaughter of another world war and because Britain could not afford major rearmament at the time.

Suppose i am drifting off topic a bit all the same, my bad. LoL

edit on 29-3-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Some models have been as inaccurate as expected from russia (and even worse), but some of their newer stuff has proven extremely accurate (though getting shot down a lot by Stingers).

A couple examples are those used against the Kiev tv tower everytime Ukraine gets it working again and the hypersonic toy that was so accurate that the Ukrainians quickly determined that they must have a russian spy in their camp feeding the russians real time coordinates, and then actually laid a trap and found that spy sending those coordinates (russia was attempting to strike NATO gear donations at a depot)

Those examples are gonna make us step up our game a little on a few projects, that's a capability (accuracy) that russia has never demonstrated before on any platform.

A bigger new challenge than the hypersonic speed toy imo, but one we can easily handle (china has already demonstrated pretty good accuracy, so this isn't a first for us).

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Ferdinand Foch - French General and Supreme Allied Commander during WW1.

On 11 November 1918, Foch accepted the German request for an armistice. Foch advocated peace terms that would make Germany unable to pose a threat to France ever again. He considered the Treaty of Versailles too lenient on Germany and as the Treaty was being signed on 28 June 1919, he declared: "This is not peace. It is an armistice for twenty years." His words proved prophetic: the Second World War started twenty years later.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Well intel is saying China is supposedly going into Taiwan in the fall of 2022 so I guess we shall see if their military is any good in a modern war. I have read China was upset Russia went into Ukraine when they did, wanting them to hold off.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I know we have deployed F-22's to Europe, Poland included, in the past but im not sure if they are there now. I keep an eye on Rzeszow Poland as its a designated NATO base. We also have moved missile defense systems from Germany to Poland. That's just the US though. I know other NATO countries were shifting assets to the Baltic's, Poland etc. There are currently 4 NATO "task forces" in E., Europe and that is set to expand to 8 in the coming weeks.

As for Russia not stopping after Ukraine I think it will be Moldova. I think that will be off the table though if Ukraine keeps pushing Russian forces back / keeping them stalled / etc.

The 22s are somewhere, they don't all appear to be at home right now.

AESA & ZAP would be critical for this hypothetical role, it would not allow a launch unless the systems could confirm that the missile was a confirmed threat to whatever zone was preprogrammed (intended to prevent ww3 starting errors in split second pilot decisions), down to 50 feet or so.

This is one I certainly hope I'm wrong on, and have no evidence whatsoever, but still reckless for the biden idiot to have f15s patrolling that border either way.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Yes the man seems to have called it.

Their is an argument to be made all the same that the impact of the "Treaty of Versailles" laid out at the end of world war one contributed to the beginnings of the second world war.

Then again there are a multitude of other reasons regarding the cause of world war two.

posted on Mar, 29 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Like appeasement..

It reminds me of Margaret Thatcher during the Falklands war and her exchange with Alexander Haig (US Secretary of State under Reagan) -

Alexander Haig: We are trying to de-escalise a war.

Margaret Thatcher: So am I. But you do not do it by appeasement. You increase its chances. You see this table? This was where Neville Chamberlain sat in 1938 when he spoke on the wireless about the Czechs as "far away people about whom we know nothing and with whom we have so little in common". Munich! Appeasement! A world war followed because of that irresponsible, woolly-minded, indecisive, slip-shod attitude and the deaths of 45 million people.

I can see this mindset by some countries today with regards to Ukraine;.

<< 355  356  357    359  360  361 >>

join