It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

page: 293
<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: ISeekTruth101

You can't tell how the Russian war effort is going?

Where do you get 650 Ukrainians dead from?

You can't tell Putin's war is going badly?

Tell me, how well is it going?

The redundant reference to the "ghost of Kyieve" is a bit irrelevant by the way.

Like Putin's lies about having no intention to invade, it pales into insignificance.

Take a look at what is happening in Mariopol.

Then justify that. If you can.

You know paragraphs are effective in grouping sentences together. A little consideration for your fellow ATS posters.

Take a look at Mariupol? Do you have a CNN webcam feed to share with me? Or where should I be getting info from?

Enlighten me with your legitimate news sources.

650 was from here:
www.google.com...

www.google.com... aine-un-says-actual-toll-is-much-higher.html%3FoutputType%3Damp

www.statista.com...

Combine and divide all figures by three you get circa 650

edit on 16-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:41 PM
link   

You can't tell how the Russian war effort is going?

Where do you get 650 Ukrainians dead from?

Tell me, how well is it going?

The redundant reference to the "ghost of Kyieve" is a bit irrelevant by the way.

Like Putin's lies about having no intention to invade, it pales into insignificance.

Take a look at what is happening in Mariopol.

Then justify that. If you can.

I for one think Putin when asked at the time, genuinely had no intention to invade. As Allan Watts said, we are under no obligation to be the same person we were 5 minutes ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Although most analysts seem to think Russia have not achieved their objectives, so if that is the case, then it ain't going well. There is enough material in circulation to show that Russia have some significant losses, for example.

Not to mention asking China for help.

How the mighty have fallen. To think that Russia nearly joined the civilised world.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You are constantly derailing a thread dedicated to the updating of news items of the war by infusing your opinion. I don't care about your opinions, I care about trying to get updates! I can decide for myself if it's propaganda or not, so I don't need you to chime in and tell me what you think! If someone asks a direct question, I can understand you replying to it.

But that's not what you're doing. You're baiting arguments. If you don't report and source an update, start another thread and bring your opinions with you to that thread. I know I speak for more readers on this forum that are frustrated with your actions too.

For the other posters, I would ignore him when he baits you. Let him be and have a conversation with himself.

Thank you and have a nice day!

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

"I for one think Putin when asked at the time, genuinely had no intention to invade."

You, for one.

Nobody else, mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Although most analysts seem to think Russia have not achieved their objectives, so if that is the case, then it ain't going well. There is enough material in circulation to show that Russia have some significant losses, for example.

Not to mention asking China for help.

How the mighty have fallen. To think that Russia nearly joined the civilised world.

“Russia asking China for help”

America the worlds top military force ask NATO for help all the time, and they failed miserably in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So how is Russia asking China for help any cause for concern? They have an alliance. That’s normal.

“Most analysts” Did you count every single one? How many, names?

“Enough material in circulation to show Russia has significant losses” is there any left in circulation to circulate some my way??

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"I for one think Putin when asked at the time, genuinely had no intention to invade."

You, for one.

Nobody else, mind.

How would you know? How many have you asked?

How big is this survey of yours? Or is it exclusive to ATS.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

North Korea told him to do one cos he's insane.

Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sthrndream
You are constantly derailing a thread dedicated to the updating of news items of the war by infusing your opinion. I don't care about your opinions, I care about trying to get updates! I can decide for myself if it's propaganda or not, so I don't need you to chime in and tell me what you think! If someone asks a direct question, I can understand you replying to it.

But that's not what you're doing. You're baiting arguments. If you don't report and source an update, start another thread and bring your opinions with you to that thread. I know I speak for more readers on this forum that are frustrated with your actions too.

For the other posters, I would ignore him when he baits you. Let him be and have a conversation with himself.

Thank you and have a nice day!

I’ve not derailed anything anymore than any other poster here. Your harassment and discrimination in singling me out however is uncalled for.

I’ll be contributing updates to this thread as I have in the past, and I’ll balance out any added rhetoric from biased posters here. I am entitled to my opinion just as much as anyone else and I am free to share it here just like anyone else

Some Updates .

Reports that Russia destroyed an additional 128 military facilities in Ukraine

Source: egyptian-gazette.com...

Bringing up the total to around 3500-4000 based on previous reports
edit on 16-3-2022 by ISeekTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"Biased posters"?

I'll bite my tongue.

T&C's and whatnot.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ISeekTruth101

Yes, surprising isn't it considering Russian numerical superiority over Ukraine.

Russia seems to have bitten off more they can chew. They are ill-equipped to take on a foe who fights back. China can provide a financial lifeline and some military kit, but as they are not part of a military alliance.

I guess China will just sit and profit from Russia's fall.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Yes, surprising isn't it considering Russian numerical superiority over Ukraine.

Russia seems to have bitten off more they can chew. They are ill-equipped to take on a foe who fights back. China can provide a financial lifeline and some military kit, but as they are not part of a military alliance.

I guess China will just sit and profit from Russia's fall.

Well, i know Russia amassed 650 billion prior to the invasion. And I know they are the second biggest exporter of military equipment in the world. And I also know they are one of the most rich in land resources, gas and oil. So running out of funds and equipment in two weeks hmmm doesn’t sound likely. They have the biggest tank army in the world.

I also believe China cant afford for Russia to fail because it is aligned with Russia on repelling NATO and US imperialism. They’ve signed an alliance, and remarked how their friendship has no limits. so id be surprised from a rational perspective that Russia asking China for some extra MREs was exceeding those friendship limits.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Sigh...
Official Thread Reminder....

This is the topic:

Russia Ukraine Update Thread

Let's please stick to that topic. No trolling, bickering, mud slinging, arguing about Military Nazi numbers, or chest thumping......
Please use the Private Message system for Chit Chat.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.
Ignoring this responsibility will include temporary POSTING BANS.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:34 PM
link   

China is putting themselves in a risky but highly lucrarative spot between russia and the west.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Over 3 million have fled Ukraine according to this source: www.usnews.com...

Russia must be having a tremendous impact.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 07:15 PM
link   

and I’ll balance out any added rhetoric from biased posters here.

Well, I suppose its a good thing then, that the rest of the civilized world has come together in stark opposition to your "balance".

I am entitled to my opinion

You're entitiled to an informed opinion....no one is entitled to be ignorant.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Key Takeaways

Russia is deploying reserves from Armenia and South Ossetia and cohering new battalion tactical groups (BTGs) from the remnants of units lost early in the invasion. These reinforcements will likely face equal or greater command and logistics difficulties to current frontline Russian units.

President Zelensky created a new joint military-civilian headquarters responsible for the defense of Kyiv on March 15.

Russian forces conducted several failed attacks northwest of Kyiv and no offensive operations northeast of Kyiv on March 16.

Russian forces continue to shell civilian areas of Kharkiv, but will be unlikely to force the city to surrender without encircling it—which Russian forces appear unable to achieve.

Russian forces continued to reduce the Mariupol pocket on March 16. Russian forces continue to commit war crimes in the city, targeting refugees and civilian infrastructure.

Ukrainian Forces claimed to have killed the commander of the 8th Combined Arms Army’s 150th Motor Rifle Division near Mariupol on March 15. If confirmed, Miyaev would be the fourth Russian general officer killed in Ukraine; his death would be a major blow to the 150th Motor Rifle Division, Russia’s principal maneuver unit in Donbas.

Russian warships shelled areas of Odesa Oblast on March 16 but Russian Naval Infantry remain unlikely to conduct an unsupported amphibious landing.

www.understandingwar.org...

edit on 16-3-2022 by PatriotGames4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

and I’ll balance out any added rhetoric from biased posters here.

Well, I suppose its a good thing then, that the rest of the civilized world has come together in stark opposition to your "balance".

I am entitled to my opinion

You're entitiled to an informed opinion....no one is entitled to be ignorant.

Well when you decide to be specific and cite examples of any “misinformed” opinions, we can take this conversation off-thread.

posted on Mar, 16 2022 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Russian military has bombed a TV tower in Vinnytsia

Educational facilities in the Lviv region take care of the Ukrainian military and temporarily displaced citizens.

Russian soldiers have attacked a city in the Odesa region using air- and marine missile strikes

Chinese Ambassador in Ukraine met with Lviv authorities today and praised the country's unity,
pledges economic and political support.

Ukrainian city of Lviv faces a humanitarian crisis as over 200,000 seek refuge

S-300 air defense systems have been sent into Ukraine, by NATO allies

Russian attack helicopters launching rockets near Popasna, Lugansk Oblast.

Mariupol’s drama theater was bombed

Russian Kamaz truck that was carrying ammunition destroyed by Ukrainian "Convoy Hunters" in S . Ukraine

Over 4,000 evacuees from besieged Mariupol arrive in Zaporizhzhia.

Mass protest in Berdyansk today

Several massive explosions were heard in south of Belarus.

Panama says three ships hit by Russian missiles in Black Sea since start of Ukraine invasion

Sentinel satellite imagery shows three groups of warships approaching the coast of Odessa.

DPR units pushed out the UAF from #Verkhnetoretsky - a settlement near #Gorlovka,
UAF is currently counterattacking.

Slovakia has given preliminary consent to transfer a S-300PMU BTN & Strela-10M air defense systems to Ukraine

UK has confirmed the supply of Starstreak Air-Def systems to Ukraine

Russian Su-25 attack aircraft operate on Ukrainian positions in the vicinity of Gorlovka .

Reports coming in of heavy fighting near Gusarovka and Izyum, Russian troops moving towards Slavyansk. It looks like the M03 highway between Izyum and Slavyansk is under (contested) Russian control right now.

edit on pmWednesdayWednesday20900000003pm3 by all2human because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 290  291  292    294  295  296 >>

join