It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMJ publishes paper on the effectiveness social distancing and mask wearing, etc

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So now who got bought-off ? šŸ˜Ž

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: ScepticScot

The BMJ has released a meta-study

Now what?

Now what what?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Sigh.

A hermetic seal is any type of sealing that makes a given object airtight (preventing the passage of air, oxygen, or other gases).

Your mask is not ā€œhermeneutical sealedā€. Or you would suffocate. And would solve your posting problem.

The mask forms air tight seals that forces the air you breathe and exhale through flirts that passes oxygen and CO2. Huge difference.

If the air you are exhaling is going through a check valve (one way flow outlet valve) unfiltered, then your mask is not protecting anyone from you.

My military mask let out air through a check valve unfiltered. The same for a N-95 mask with an exhalation valve. The advantage and point of a exit check valve is to allow easier exhalation by bypassing the filter media.

You're presuming that I didn't simply by one with a filtered outlet, a perfectly sensible precaution to guard against a failure on the outlet seal.

If the valve failed, the path of least resistance would be between the intake valve and the exhalation valve resulting in just recirculating the air your breathing instead of drawing in fresh air fully through the filter.

If your not full of BS, then list the make and model of your mask with a outlet valve and filtered outlet.
edit on 18-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Are we still in a pandemicā€¦ā€¦.

That should answer your question on effectiveness.

Masks are like condoms. They only protect you if you use them.

No, no, no ... get your talking point right. The mask protects everyone else, not you, because it is agreed they don't stop you from inhaling virus.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So as you have just agreed that meta studies are valuable and Professors and experts know more that anonymous posters you must be all for the results of the benefits of therapeutics like ivermectin ?
Of ficial: Ivermectin Prevents and Treats Covid. Peer-Reviewed Analysis Published in the ā€˜American Journal of Therapeutics

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:24 AM
link   

A meta study is where somebody compiles data from multiple individual peer review sources into a super study that reviews all of the data and presents it as a new paper in its own right.

I realize that and who is this?

from multiple individual peer review sources

And the BMJ?

The proper line of thinking should go to both of them as
the assholes I would be referring to or am I missing something?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Where was this agreed?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No, no, no ... get your talking point right. The mask protects everyone else, not you, because it is agreed they don't stop you from inhaling virus.

Oh hell I thought he meant you can wear a condom instead of a mask.
My bad.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Sigh.

A hermetic seal is any type of sealing that makes a given object airtight (preventing the passage of air, oxygen, or other gases).

Your mask is not ā€œhermeneutical sealedā€. Or you would suffocate. And would solve your posting problem.

The mask forms air tight seals that forces the air you breathe and exhale through flirts that passes oxygen and CO2. Huge difference.

If the air you are exhaling is going through a check valve (one way flow outlet valve) unfiltered, then your mask is not protecting anyone from you.

My military mask let out air through a check valve unfiltered. The same for a N-95 mask with an exhalation valve. The advantage and point of a exit check valve is to allow easier exhalation by bypassing the filter media.

You're presuming that I didn't simply by one with a filtered outlet, a perfectly sensible precaution to guard against a failure on the outlet seal.

The below is a typical mask with an exit valve I have circled in red.

What Fā€™n mask are you wearing in public with a filtered exit valve?
edit on 18-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:42 AM
link   

In my county cases are 'surging' [they say] and everyone is required to wear a mask indoors regardless of vax status. So how is it that masks do anything?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Where was this agreed?

Every time it has been pointed out that cloth masks do not impede particles the size of the virus. The conversation devolves to how they ride large droplets like those expelled from coughs or sneezing leading to the logical conclusion - a mask like most wear at best is a cough/sneeze guard and not an effective viral barrier to protect the healthy. As such, it can only ever inhibit the spread of large droplets, not virus itself, and thus you wear it to protect others from your symptoms... that a healthy person does not have.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What. Post one too many falsehoods, so one finally came to roost?

What is the make and model of your ā€œhermetically sealedā€ mask with a filtered exhalation valve.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:05 PM
link   

If your trying to Google something to save face. Look up clean room masks. You probably still will not find anything people would believe you would wear to the grocery store. Or one you could afford with a supply of filters you have to change every week to eight hoursā€¦.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Meta study?

This is a meta study?

Ok then.
I believe it.

lol

Meta means you never have to commit to gender.
Meta means Zuck on this.

# 1501

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

A meta-analysis is a statistical analysis that looks at the results from numerous other scientific studies.

In this case they performed an analysis using results from 35 other studies and found that mask wearing led to a 53% decrease in COVID spread.

But hey, if you want to be scared of the prefix meta- because it's also the name of Facebook's parent company, you do you.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 12:49 PM
link   
53% is only against the original strain which was spread more on surfaces and less airborne. Covid evolved rapidly after people started wearing masks. Nowadays masks can't stop even 10% of spread due to virus evolution. Now here's the catch. They can never take off mask ever again. When Alberta and California tried to take off mask in the summer they got a huge surge and now they are stuck wearing mask for the rest of their lives.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well now that my husband just took his second jab yesterday and feeling miserable today, he almost fell when he got out of bed this morning with a dizzy spell of moderna.

I am not wearing a darn mask in my home because he is now a super spreader.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Well now that my husband just took his second jab yesterday and feeling miserable today, he almost fell when he got out of bed this morning with a dizzy spell of moderna.

I am not wearing a darn mask in my home because he is now a super spreader.

We both felt a bit rough after both jabs. Same with a lot of folk here in the UK. Same after the flu jab. Years ago went to Morocco. Had typhoid and I think cholera jab. V rough after.

Shows it's working. Not dead yet.

So what?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Impfen macht frei, that's a good one.

For those that don't get it, "Arbeit macht frei" "Work means freedom" was written in iron letters above the entrance to Dachau, a concentration camp.

"Vaccine means freedom"
"Impfen macht frei"

I'll be sure to tell my Rabbi that you think the two are remotely similar.

Time will tell...

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The BMJ has released a meta-study on the effectiveness of mask wearing, social distancing, and other related measures, and how effective (or not) they are at preventing covid transmission.

This is a meta-study so it draws data from 72 studies from around the world.

Link

We can end conversations like this simply by everybody catching covid-19 and recovering.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join