It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BMJ publishes paper on the effectiveness social distancing and mask wearing, etc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: ResistanceFighter
China is the biggest seller of masks and made trillions off that since January 2020. Not surprised if China bribes scientists in these kinds of studies. Real world data shows Republican states have far fewer cases than Democrat states due to not wearing mask as opposed to wearing mask.

Source:

covid.cdc.gov...-home

Do you have any evidence that scientists have been bribed?

Accepting bribes is a very good way to destroy your reputation.
Just read their names,mostly Chinese-which in China means "you will do what you are told or you and your extended family will never be seen again."
Half of them are 'research students',sounds credible.
Aren't we all 'research students'?

It's a meta-study, even if they were bribed they couldn't falsify the data as they weren't the ones gathering it.

China would need to bribe pretty much everyone behind those studies, and the people doing the peer review, as well as the people who did the meta-study.

That's a lot of bribes. Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: AaarghZombies

You have no credibility and neither do these assholes.

I think these people

Stella Talic, lecturer in clinical epidemiology and public health12, Shivangi Shah, honours student1, Holly Wild, lecturer and honours student13, Danijela Gasevic, senior lecturer in epidemiology and chronic disease prevention14, Ashika Maharaj, lecturer quality and safety and cancer epidemiology1, Zanfina Ademi, associate professor of medical outcomes and health economics12, Xue Li, assistant professor46, Wei Xu, research student4, Ines Mesa-Eguiagaray, statistical geneticist4, Jasmin Rostron, research student4, Evropi Theodoratou, professor of cancer epidemiology and global health45, Xiaomeng Zhang, research student4, Ashmika Motee, research student4, Danny Liew, professor of medical outcomes and health economics12, Dragan Ilic, professor of medical education and public health1

Have more credibility than an anonymous poster on a conspiracy site whose counter point is just to call them 'Assholes'.

Ha ha ha,it sounds like half of China contributed to this study.
Remember Wuhan, that's all I'm saying.
Fool me once,shame on you.
Fool me twice,shame on me.

Only 1 Chinese University involved.

Are the Australian and Scottish universities involved in this conspiracy as well?

1School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Monash University, Melbourne, 3004 VIC, Australia
2Monash Outcomes Research and health Economics (MORE) Unit, Monash University, VIC, Australia
3Torrens University, VIC, Australia
4Centre for Global Health, The Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
5Cancer Research UK Edinburgh Centre, MRC Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
6School of Public Health and The Second Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, China

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:40 AM
link   

You

Different use-case.

How. The biological weapon is covid making the biological hot spot.

You

You were wearing a mask to protect you from being contaminated.

That is the sole function of PPE. You can only control what you wear and how you wear it.

But…

To trap crap in, the mask still has to seal. And trap snot and slobber and sweat where a sneeze or cough doesn’t send the moister in the mask matrix flying. And be designed to do that for hours?

You

These cheap non-sealing cloth masks are designed to prevent you from contaminating other people

And I asked
Why are people not supposed to wear an N-95 mask with an exit valve. Because it’s supposedly not effective against the spread against covid. If a cheap mask has slip by, it’s no different.

If masks were effective. Why was there a push to double mask…..

You

The capture moisture droplets as you exhale,

Not if they don’t seal. Not if they loaded with snot, drool, sweat.

You

It's why your dentist wears one. He's not worried about you contaminating him, he's worried about contaminating you.

My dentist wears a mask and face shield to protect themselves.

COVID-19 - Control and Prevention Dentistry Workers and Employers
Dentistry Workers and Employers

www.osha.gov...

Where such procedures are performed, appropriate controls must be implemented. And when engineering, work practice, and administrative controls are not feasible or do not provide sufficient protection, appropriate PPE must be provided and used properly.

OSHA recommends using a combination of standard precautions, contact precautions, and droplet precautions, including eye protection (e.g., goggles or face shields), to protect dentistry workers performing patient care in areas with ongoing community transmission. When workers have exposure when performing aerosol-generating procedures, use standard precautions, contact precautions, airborne precautions, and eye protection (e.g., goggles or face shields) to protect all workers.

You

I wear a mask with a hermetic seal and a renewable filter to protect myself from other people.

I never had covid. So useless measure for me. And If I don’t feel well, I know to stay home. And get tested.
edit on 18-11-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:46 AM
link   

And think. We haven’t even covered there is no proper PPE disposal stream for the masses.

Think about the crap and fluid flying off a trash truck loaded with used masks the next time your around one. And diapers, and rotting food….

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

The paper is about the effectivness of various measures to reduce the spread of Covid. That isn't something you can see.

I wasn't referring to a paper. How is that not obvious?.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I know it’s hard for you to understand propaganda studies justifying policies vs what people are actually taught that had to rely on masks for their well-being. Where it is quite evident what works and doesn’t work wearing a mask.

(post by Randyvine2 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Sort of like the EPA, car companies, and gas mileage.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2

The paper is about the effectivness of various measures to reduce the spread of Covid. That isn't something you can see.

I wasn't referring to a paper. How is that not obvious?.

The topic of the thread is the paper.

Your original post was about the paper.

My post you replied to was about the paper.

If you are having a different conversation in your head then maybe keep it there.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   

That's exactly what an asshole would say.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

While it would be lovely if everyone had a sealed reusable mask, it's simply not going to happen.

People will refuse to wear them, they're too expensive to buy in sufficient quantities, and there simply isn't enough manufacturing capabilities.

The study shows that masks are about 53% effective, simply because they reduce the spread of virus containing droplets.

Placing a mesh between you and another person does this.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

They were all caught doing it, and they were only able to bribe a small number of people, the majority debunked them.

Has anybody ever been caught with masks?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Again. I never been sick as shown by testing from covid. Why do healthy people need to wear a mask? How was wearing a mask effective?

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:10 AM
link   

If masks were effective, why the call to double mask….

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

They were all caught doing it, and they were only able to bribe a small number of people, the majority debunked them.

Has anybody ever been caught with masks?

Like legal action being taken on the Trump Russian hoax?

Which has nothing to do with the efficacy of masks.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:14 AM
link   

If masks were effective, why the call to double mask….

Why keep a gun in your glovebox if you've got one in your purse?

Why use a condom if you're on the pill?

Why put a chain on your door if you've got a deadbolt?

Why double tap a zombie?

Because you can always make something MORE effective.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Again. I never been sick as shown by testing from covid. Why do healthy people need to wear a mask? How was wearing a mask effective?

Because it's one rule for everyone.

The idea of having different standards for different people is "problematic" in today's America. It's why they say you need to be double jabbed even if you've already had Covid.

A single tier system is also easier to administer and to enforce.

It's why everybody goes through the bag check at Disney, not just those with criminal records.

posted on Nov, 18 2021 @ 07:19 AM
link   

And think. We haven’t even covered there is no proper PPE disposal stream for the masses.

Think about the crap and fluid flying off a trash truck loaded with used masks the next time your around one. And diapers, and rotting food….

Go tell Greta about it.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join