It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How Many Families Hosting Thanksgiving Are Requiring Proof of Negative COVID Test

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So 3 pages in and I don't think I've seen anyone mention that they are testing their guests, or attending a gathering where guests will be tested (I might have missed reading a post or two).

We are, obviously, not your typical online community when it comes to things like this. Digging into family member's medical status and personal information as a decision point for attending parties is not a road I'd expect most of us here to go down. In any case I would've thought there would be at least a few instances where people had heard of this from other friends or families.

Maybe this is a lot less frequent than I'd initially thought it might be, which I find a bit reassuring.

Putting my CT cap on, and after reading the "article" a family members sent me as the rationale for testing their dinner guests, a troubling thought occurred to me. I can see how those with vested financial interest in COVID treatment/testing might view holiday season as a revenue opportunity, and even more troubling, they might be trying to enlist .... let's say intellectually pliable .... members of families as allies to try to leverage those around them to buy MORE vaccine doses, MORE test kits, MORE lab visits, etc.

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

We don't do Thanksgiving as it is (too scattered around, & not enough GAF about a food holiday)...

I know you're right, and that Thanksgiving has become basically a food holiday, and it's a crying shame. Quite frankly, I think society's general lack of gratitude is a large part of what is wrong with society today. Everything comes too easy, too quickly, too conveniently, and it's all disposable. Including people.

We still start our meal by going around the table and sharing something from the last year that we are grateful for... as well as something we are grateful for going into the next year. We aren't allowed to say something vague and general like being thankful for "this dinner" or "our family." We can say we're thankful for the extra support our family gave while dealing with this or that, or some other specific act of kindness or generosity. As a mom, it's kind of cool to hear my kids talk about something especially touching or inspiring to them, as well as their hopes and aspirations for the coming year. It's like a window into their hearts and spirits.

After the year we've all had, I expect it will be especially interesting this year!

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 11:34 AM
link   
In our Family, my Daughter’s Nana has always been welcome in our home, but she is absolutely relentless about trying to manipulate my daughter to get the jab, despite knowing how strongly against it we are.
So far I’ve let my daughter deal with her Nana, but if she persists, I might just have to go “there” with her !

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeoBricks
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Since I am getting the pois err 2nd dose on the 22nd, I am quarantining myself to reduce my catching anything (not just covid) from anyone until I feel my immune system is back in working order.

So I guess that means you're never going to see anyone again?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 12 2021 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Happy Thanksgiving Bob's Uncle , Coffee and Pie Now ? ........)

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:15 AM
link   
My parents, that’s why me and the wife won’t be traveling. They have been totally brainwashed, there’s no conversation to be had there.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skepticape
My parents, that’s why me and the wife won’t be traveling. They have been totally brainwashed, there’s no conversation to be had there.

Sorry to hear that friend. I felt the same as you initially, upset bordering on anger.

In the grand scheme of things, though, if all I need to do is swab my nose and check the test results a while later, and that will assuage someone's terror and panic of COVID, for the sake of not disrupting a holiday where some parts of the family see each other only that time of year, I begrudgingly will take the test.

If we shut off dialog and ostracize each other, then there is no way to have open discussion and win "hearts and minds".

Either way hope you and yours have a good holiday.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I'd just have one requirement... that if you're sick, please stay home. And then send them a plate of food and all the trimmings and pie.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

My point is simply that after the jab, your immune system is never working right again, ever.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

My Mom and Stepdad are two of the most smartest , kindest , honorable people I know. They were pioneers in Educational Toys, rejecting the mass marketing to kids of junk toys. My Mom was the one that Taught us about the dangers and over reaching influences the boob tube could have on people, LOL, she actually banned TV for almost a year until my sister and I ( maybe Dad too ) finally wore her down, but even then, only 1 TV in the Family room, that pretty much other than Sat. Cartoons and some of the tween shows of the time, we actually would always pick going out to play, rather then watch TV, especially in Summer.

Oh geez sorry, just felt it was important to preface “ How is it possible they bought into this obvious sham ? “ They certainly aren’t sweating anyone else to get jabbed, but they did it
I’ve pleaded with them to Please really consider these “booster’s”, so I can only hope that the woman who taught me to “look it up”, lol, in a dictionary back then, will consider getting more info.

It’s still somewhat up in the air if they’ll make it this year for Turkey Day, my guess is they won’t, this whole Rona scam has freaked them out, they’re older with existing conditions, but even more then that “ Use it or Lose it “ might really apply here, IDK, a form of PSTD after being bombarded with this for almost 2 years.

I guess the point is, our brainwashed Loved ones might need us more than ever to stay connected the best we can, maintaining our integrity while still leaving the door open for them, letting them know differences can never override our Love for them. Find common ground, even if just a phone call 📞

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

I'd just have one requirement... that if you're sick, please stay home. And then send them a plate of food and all the trimmings and pie.

This common sense approach to event planning and ettiquete has gotten is this far.

So now we have a pandemic of a virus slightly more virulent/harmful than influenza (as it was designed to be by Fauci et al), and....everything has to change now??

It is a measure of how this whole thing was transformed our society (not in a good way), when family members don't trust other family members to apply common sense and refrain from going to a party while sick or have been very close to someone sick.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 02:29 PM
link   

when your family cares more about THEIR health,
than seeing their family members,,...

its time to get a NEW family, that welcomes you INTO THEIR ARMS
no matter how sick you are... that is WHY they are FAMILY.
they are there for you when no one else will come help..

EVEN IF grandma is on death bed, and your child is sick,,,
the child makes grandma HAPPY, and may be last time to see each other..

how can you love your neighbor as you love yourself,.. when,
you dont even love your family members that much???

hell, the doctor and nurse taking care of her love grandma more

edit on 2021-11-13T14:34:41-06:00pmpp34America/Chicago by cappie because: add sentnce

edit on 2021-11-13T14:37:56-06:00pmpp37America/Chicago by cappie because: sentence

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Thanksgiving is over here in Canada. Any social event that requires a test to show up to, I will be ABSENT from.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: cappie

when your family cares more about THEIR health,
than seeing their family members,,...

its time to get a NEW family, that welcomes you INTO THEIR ARMS
no matter how sick you are... that is WHY they are FAMILY.
they are there for you when no one else will come help..

EVEN IF grandma is on death bed, and your child is sick,,,
the child makes grandma HAPPY, and may be last time to see each other..

how can you love your neighbor as you love yourself,.. when,
you dont even love your family members that much???

hell, the doctor and nurse taking care of her love grandma more

Fair point. I'll just say this .... the parties involved are close family for my wife ... and I am playing along mostly to keep her happy.

I have really opened up my wife's eyes in regards to the non-MSM approved, counter-Narrative aspects of the pandemic. When the email went out, she lashed into her relatives that issued the "Thanksgiving COVID test mandate" pretty severely. She is a bit between a rock and hard place; she's very eager to see that branch of the family, but finds their perspectives on everything troubling, very much aligned with my perspective.

Sadly this mess is dividing families in so many different ways.

posted on Nov, 13 2021 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

My point is simply that after the jab, your immune system is never working right again, ever.

Cheers - Dave

No , it Will Not . Better to not take the " Shot " at All then > ?

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It’s utter bullock. To see my family I need to prove I’m clean? Nah, there’s too much there. They were too afraid to come to our wedding too, but it’s fine for them to attend funerals without mandatory covid testing.

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened

Sorry to hear that friend. I felt the same as you initially, upset bordering on anger.

In the grand scheme of things, though, if all I need to do is swab my nose and check the test results a while later, and that will assuage someone's terror and panic of COVID, for the sake of not disrupting a holiday where some parts of the family see each other only that time of year, I begrudgingly will take the test.

If we shut off dialog and ostracize each other, then there is no way to have open discussion and win "hearts and minds".

Either way hope you and yours have a good holiday.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The exact same way we always have.

Family and friends--whoever wants to come.

We trust people to stay home if they're sick.

This year it's the same thing, though I have to work--double time, y'know, on top of holiday bonus.

posted on Nov, 14 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thebtheb

Thanksgiving is over here in Canada. Any social event that requires a test to show up to, I will be ABSENT from.

Same. We went over to my middle daughter's house as we do every year. There were the five of us. We made tamales while the turkey cooked and had a great time. We'll do it again at Christmas too.

I have no relatives left to demand something so ridiculous, but if I did, I'd stay home. I'm not a social person, so it's not a loss for me. I'm pretty content at home playing video games or cross-stitching, lol.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join