It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - How Many Families Hosting Thanksgiving Are Requiring Proof of Negative COVID Test

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5ofineed5aladder
I had a party a week before Thanksgiving with 14-94 year olds and no one got sick. Like fifty of us from mostly southeast New England, a few farther up.

Thanks for your comment, but ... I'm confused. By my calendar we're exactly 2 weeks out from Thanksgiving (2021).

Did you mean last year's Thanksgiving?

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MDDoxs

Seems like pretty simple request to me, no politics, no covid. Why is it not ok for people to gather and not talk about politics and every hot button issue in the news. What ever happened to just getting together , telling old stories and having a good time?

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: faloson

Seems like pretty simple request to me, no politics, no covid. Why is it not ok for people to gather and not talk about politics and every hot button issue in the news. What ever happened to just getting together , telling old stories and having a good time?

"Hey, Little Billy, you know how your father and I talked about how crazy your uncle is about certain subjects? Make sure you dont talk about them or you will get booted out without food. I know you want to play with dinosaurs, but your uncle is very easily triggered, soooooo please for the love of god dont mention politics or covid."

"But mommy, I dont understand politics of cowed...."

What a joke.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Little Billy most likely knows nothing of politics or covid and is only parroting what he hears mom and dad say, kind of like some people parrot the MSM and government. Little Billy should not be lecturing the adults in his life. Part of the problem today is alot of adults seem to be taking their lead from the kids of the world on very serious subjects these kids know nothing about.. It is all about the emotions

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

The latest thing here in the Cayman Island is the Lateral Flow Test (LFT), which takes about 15 minutes to get a result. That result is thought to be about 80% accurate; the more days in which a person gets a nagative result (or a positive one !), the more that result has veracity.

My Bride and me have four people coming over here for Thanksgiving, in addition to my Mother. All four of them volunteered that they will use the LTFs before they come over here. I won't use them. They are made in China. Does it read "stupid" on my forehead?

I am doing all the cooking, and will start parts of it two days before. We are not afraid of our guests. They are our friends. They are not careless people.

I don't think I would attend a gathering in which a vaccination or test result or negative LTF was required. That would piss me off. I think I would have to consider the worth of our friendship.

edit on 11/11/21 by argentus because: spellin'

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: argentus

The latest thing here in the Cayman Island is the Lateral Flow Test (LFT), which takes about 15 minutes to get a result. That result is thought to be about 80% accurate; the more days in which a person gets a nagative result (or a positive one !), the more that result has veracity.

My Bride and me have four people coming over here for Thanksgiving, in addition to my Mother. All four of them volunteered that they will use the LTFs before they come over here. I won't use them. They are made in China. Does it read "stupid" on my forehead?

I am doing all the cooking, and will start parts of it two days before. We are not afraid of our guests. They are our friends. They are not careless people.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Exactly, the people I hang with are responsible enough to not show up if they are sick, and were that way pre-covid.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Guys, please keep it civil; this isn't the Mudpit.

This thread is more about gauging how prevalent this is than judging it, which is difficult for me, believe me.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   

My apologies to you for thread drift.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Vaccinated -- still gets + spreads TheRONA

Masks -- the dry RONA blows right through the cheap ass masks and even some N95 masks

NOW WHAT !!!😧

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not at my Tennessee home, Covid has no power here.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Not at my Tennessee home, Covid has no power here.

Even in Clarksville? I hear there are lots of heathens there.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: RazorV66
Anyone that brings up Covid in conversation at my house on Thanksgiving will be promptly asked to leave.

What if I was your parent or a very little child asking an ignorant or innocent question? Boot us to the curb? Sad...

Yep and I don’t care.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MDDoxs

Anyone that brings up Covid in conversation at my house on Thanksgiving will be promptly asked to leave.

What if I was your parent or a very little child asking an ignorant or innocent question? Boot us to the curb? Sad...

Yep and I don’t care.

Savage. A very neck beardy vibe.

Good for you.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I haven't been to a bar or restaurant since Pelosi suggested everyone go to China town.family members know to stay home when they feel sick and I could care less where they been picking up fleas for the last couple of weeks.

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:23 PM
link   

It's definitely a thing... as I found out this past weekend. I've started quite the brouhaha in my family by telling unvaxxed family they are welcome here for Thanksgiving after exactly this! I really didn't think it'd be a big deal. I just heard about the vax mandate from one hosting dinner for the family, and said we weren't vaxxed and didn't intend to get vaxxed and any/all are welcome.

Boy did THAT not go over well!!! Apparently I am single-handedly initiating another Coronapocalypse! At least some think so anyway.... others are happy to be party of the Corona-cootie-contaminated Club.

Seriously, personally AND generally speaking, many are using Thanksgiving as emotional blackmail and "cancelling" on the family level to force others to get vaxxed. It's shameful and unconscionable. If my Corona-cootie-contaminated self isn't welcome, okay. I can make my own awesome turkey dinner for all of us...

posted on Nov, 11 2021 @ 08:24 PM
link   

How far before Thanksgiving will the negative test be accepted? 3 days? 3 weeks before Thanksgiving OK? What's the cutoff?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join