It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southwest cancels 1000 flights We all know why

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: shooterbrody

This is a disaster of government making. Plenty of reluctant people who might have gotten it in their own time have now dug in because of this and if they hold out, there are enough holes poked labor to cause significant crashes.

It's not like government can magically create manpower.

If the one that mandates compliance will acknowledge responsibility for the long term effects there would be far less resistance.
But hey, who wants to take responsibility for an experimental drug that doesn't do what they say it does?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

An email sent out asks for employees to get their exemption paper work in ASAP. Looks like he's going to grant a whole lot of waivers.

Weird for something that isn't happening, right?

I don't know, but the radio is talking about this same topic now, and Honeywell is in similar position. A guy who works there says they are sitting at about 76% vaxxed with the remainder not interested, and they have until Nov. 1 to either get it complete or get their exemptions in to HR, so HR is inundated with paperwork. But lots of employees are ticked with the paperwork because it asks questions like how their religious beliefs prevent them from doing their jobs, etc.

So Honeywell may lose up to a quarter of its workforce in the next few weeks. Even if they decide to cave, they can't get fully vaxxed by Nov. 1.

December 8th is the date they've set for fully vaccinated status. The company is looking at a possible 30-40% turnover as a result. They sent out one set of exemption forms that were pretty tame followed by the abominations yesterday that ask about your children's vaccination, how your religion will keep you from doing your job and snip like that. It went from a 3 page affair to 9 pages of bullsnip.

Any chance you could relay the forms?

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Not from here right now. Perhaps right before they walk me out on the 8th. It's odd, I've been here for a decade and a half, a dozen years from retiring. I started working a "real" job in 1980 and have never not worked since then. In 1990, I reclaimed my body autonomy after honorably discharging from the US Army and now I am looking at losing everything after 42 years. It's crushing to the soul.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You're putting words in my mouth AM.

First you deny that anything is happening.

Now you're deliberately misrepresenting what I'm saying.

I'm done with you man. You're disingenuous. You don't say anything in good faith and at this point I'm positive you're just trolling.

Go # with someone else. I'm no longer interested.
edit on 10 13 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

In a text sent to me last night I was forwarded a copy of the questionnaire.

They seem to be very similar:

These questions are clearly worded to force a denial.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   

First you deny that anything is happening.

I'm not saying nothing is happening, now you're putting words in my mouth. I'm saying it isn't a 'revolt'. SWA had two similar breakdowns this year, all of them can be attributed to cascading failure and their non-hub and spoke model which leaves them unable to reposition craft and crew like airlines that operate a hub model.

Further, I was told that SWA was only the beginning and to 'wait' while the three majors had similar cancellations along with Amtrak. None of that has happened, this was an operational issue that spiraled out of control again because SWA has been running understaffed for years.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I hope everyone realizes what's going on here! Like, truly realizes.

These companies are NOT upset they are going to lose percentages of their workforce, they're jumping for JOY as a result of it!

The government handing down this mandatory 'vaccine' regulation is like a gift, a "shot in the arm" (so to speak) to them!!!! They're loving this!

This isn't about the long-term viability of these companies, but rather the short-game. Many of these companies are heavily leveraged by activist investors (aka...HEDGE FUNDS). They're the 'loan sharks' of the industry, any industry, now. They don't care about tomorrow, they only care about taking huge profits NOW! They're heartless, and they have no compunction whatsoever to look out for the well being of the company. They just want their money...NOW!

I've lived through this personally, twice now (actually three times, but the 1st one wasn't too painful). These people are ruthless beyond all description. They don't even own beds in their homes (no way they could sleep). They would joyfully take baby formula away from a starving mother if it meant a buck for them, and not think twice about it. They have no soul at all!

Most fiscal years end at the end of he year (not all, but most). If they can drastically cut expenses by year-end they can drive up stock prices. They got in when the stock was low, and they'll get out after they've done their damage. Buy low, sell high. That's all these guys do. BUT...there's more (the best part actually).

In these times of covid, the companies can all sing the blues to the government and get bailed out. There is exactly zero incentive for these hedge funds not to play their usual games, but on overdrive. Remember...hedge funds win when others lose, they win because others lose! It's the very nature of a hedge fund. So, they just play this game over and over. Drive the stock prices up by drastically cutting costs, then bail out when the stocks are up...then when the firm goes back on the ropes (management, staff, whatever the issue), they go right back in and do the exact same thing again. These guys are professional skimmers, and the wreckage they leave behind them is unimaginable!

Again, I've been through this twice now, and it is NOT pretty.

So, if anyone is thinking these companies are going to be sad at losing large percentages of their staff they would be sorely mistaken. It's a Christmas gift to many of them, and it's exactly what they want. I've said it before, and I'll say it again; companies LOVE these government mandates! It gives them the excuses they need to do what they were going to do anyway. Think about this for a moment.

edit on 10/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Again and last reply, I'm no longer interested.

Go # with someone else.
edit on 10 13 2021 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Thanks for the info, and perspective.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

...SWA has been running understaffed for years.

It's part of their business model!!

One of the reasons I've always deeply disliked SWA. Their whole business is strung together with scotch tape and bailing wire. It's a wonder they don't have more incidents than they do.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I'm not convinced that the CEO or pilots union is being honest here. They are giving conflicting information against what the Flight attendants union is saying to their employees.

They clearly lied about this being weather related.

They're clearly lying about their network glitch.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It's part of their business model!!

One of the reasons I've always deeply disliked SWA. Their whole business is strung together with scotch tape and bailing wire. It's a wonder they don't have more incidents than they do.

You don't think the three they've had already this year is enough? This is why since page 1 I've been saying this is due to corporate issues, everyone who flies knows this airline is one of the biggest potatoes in an industry of potatoes.

I wouldn't fly on them if the ticket were free.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Again and last reply, I'm no longer interested.

You've said that before, not my problem the reality isn't meeting certain people's pre-desired narrative.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Southwest airlines CEO has relented. He says no one is going to be fired because they don't want the experimental vaccine drugs.

ABC news cut this conversation short when the Southwest airlines CEO gave Joe Biden the middle finger.

amgreatness.com...

The comments are "telling" on that link you posted care.

edit on 13-10-2021 by PillarOfFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Well, SWA has had some pretty serious network connectivity and reservation system (we call them DMS) issues this year. This past week is not an example of one of those, but the two previous SWA debacles were, and I can confirm this.

But yes, the pilots are playing dodgeball right now with the media. Unions are like that though. They're playing the waiting game, trying to force SWA to let the cat out of the bag. They want SWA to take up a position of weakness in their union contract negotiations, and the best way to do this is to use the media to do it. The forced 'vaccine' issue is just a convenient time to play this card, for a variety of reasons.

edit on 10/13/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The first two incidents with SWA this year are not related to last week's incident. Totally separate issues.

Otherwise I generally agree, but there would probably be a couple airlines I'd put in front of SWA on that list (Spirit being one of them, and American being another). Depends on where you fly though. Internationally there'd be a whole lot of airlines in front of SWA for the 'never fly on' category!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
The first two incidents with SWA this year are not related to last week's incident. Totally separate issues.

I agree they are separate but all are because SWA is a serious bunch of cheapskates run by bozos.

Otherwise I generally agree, but there would probably be a couple airlines I'd put in front of SWA on that list (Spirit being one of them, and American being another). Depends on where you fly though. Internationally there'd be a whole lot of airlines in front of SWA for the 'never fly on' category!

Well, you already know United is my carrier for getting my teeth kicked in but all the airlines themselves could be an entire thread of silliness on it's own. You should do one.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Heck, I could probably do a thousand threads on airline stupidity and not even scratch the surface!

Just the 737-MAX subject alone could lay waste to about every major US airline for the title of King of the "Stoopid/Cheap/Dangerous" heap! (well, maybe not Spirit, but they're not a major, and they're too cheap to buy a new airplane anyway). Only Air Canada passes muster on that subject (Oh, the irony of that one!).

I'd have to go live in a yurt in central Mongolia if I told even 1% of the stuff I've seen!

Probably off-topic here though.

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 03:45 PM
link   

These companies are NOT upset they are going to lose percentages of their workforce, they're jumping for JOY as a result of it!

Yup and come February they will be on a hiring spree. I've seen it time and time again. Sometimes hiring the SAME people back!

posted on Oct, 13 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You don't think the three they've had already this year is enough? This is why since page 1 I've been saying this is due to corporate issues, everyone who flies knows this airline is one of the biggest potatoes in an industry of potatoes.

I wouldn't fly on them if the ticket were free.

Yes they are a sucky airline, but do you honestly believe that some of the issues aren't related to vaccine mandates?
It's already happenening in other industries so it isn't a stretch to think it can and will happen to the airlines too.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join