It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police watch on as migrants cross Channel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What i know crayzeed is that we are never going to stop them coming unless we address the problems on their end.

Not without becoming the real demon of the equation.

Which we already are, well not us but certain people higher up the chain than the average Joe or Jane.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened
One must understand the problem IS the vast majority of migrants still live in the tribal system, they stick together. This shows up in the cities where they congregate. This is the cause of a rise in black on black crime. I have a black niece and all her inlaws are from Jamaica and they tell me, the vast majority of Jamaicans are peaceful law abiding citizens, but these migrant come into areas and try to take over and because they are black the Jamaicans are being blamed for the rise in crime.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Naw colour is not an issue, nor religion, all are welcome here, as long as they play the game and act like human beings.

Im not quite sure what "crazy Qlarp BS" amounts to if im honest, lost in translation?

Keep your ""secure borders"" we live on an island.

All we need is affordable accommodation for all and a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Im about as white as they come ta very much, protestant ta boot, and all that jazz.

It don't really mean much to me, as long as im all "white".

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think both sides take some blame there Andy.
My area, prior to the last election, has been staunchly Labour as far back as I can remember.
They've done a pretty good job of enriching themselves and had a few corruption scandals along the way. No social housing built in thirty years.

There's new developments of (allegedly) affordable housing but not affordable enough. Potteries all gone and plenty of other industries vanished. High street shops boarded up and empty. Population increasing but I'm not sure where they'll all be working.

There's lots of out of town distribution hubs running 24 warehousing and transport going on but I'm not sure if that's enough for the numbers in the coming years.

Left/Right....neither side appear to be capable of improving anything for the Regions but can find a ton of cash for vanity projects or the London bubble.

but that's one thing we can't blame on the French police so.....back to the OP.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Naw colour is not an issue, nor religion, all are welcome here, as long as they play the game and act like human beings.

Im not quite sure what "crazy Qlarp BS" amounts to if im honest, lost in translation?

Keep your ""secure borders"" we live on an island.

All we need is affordable accommodation for all and a fair days pay for a fair days work.

Im about as white as they come ta very much, protestant ta boot, and all that jazz.

It don't really mean much to me, as long as im all "white".

Exactly what a racist would say.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The problem with their end is their own people are corrupt BUT their country aint got a social system like our and in their country if they don't work they do actually starve.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Nonsensical walls wont work mate, that's tongue in cheek or otherwise in your back yard or our own.

They will come as long as they have reason to try.

"Fix the problem, not the blame"

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

You don't think our people are corrupt crayzeed?

How do you imagine they got where they are or how we managed to hold sway over 2rds of the Earth not that long ago?

I think you may find that was because of more than our own blood sweat and tears at play there.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

There is merit to what you suggest there Tulpa.

The left right mentality don't cover it any longer.

Like you suggest affordable for who?

Ive got a private let, im £590 a month for such right now.

That will go up £100 rather soon now COVID 19 is dying down.

Its really beginning to be a struggle if im honest.

Might be nice to get a look in as to a council house or association one before reaching retirement age. LoL

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Pencilling on the Hitler tash right now just for you sciencelol.

Have a nice night.

Anyway I'm out for a while, it last orders soon.
edit on 8-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Nonsensical walls wont work mate, that's tongue in cheek or otherwise in your back yard or our own.

They will come as long as they have reason to try.

"Fix the problem, not the blame"

Walls are effective deterrents, but not fool-proof barriers. The cartels have shown that time and again. There must be something there, wall, fence, to at least deter the ones without creativity or persistence.

I agree with you fixing the root issue, but....every time the US makes a play in that regard, we're labeled "Nation Builders" or imperialists. I'll concede that efforts, like, arming the Colombian government with state of the art weaponry to kill the cartels, is a completely bass ackwards approach to the issue.

crazyeed said it right: too much entrenched tribalism and old world thinking in 3rd world countries.

Change must come from WITHIN these broken societies.

Maybe an exchange program might work (bring in a few thousand Hatians, Afghanis, etc, as ambassadors and then let them go back to apply what they're learned)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Anyway I'm out for a while, it last orders soon.

I'm a non drinker but, just this once, you can have one for me!

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   
...and while you're getting upset about illegal immigrants, Alexander Boris dePfeiffel Johnson and his rich pals continue to rake billions out of the public purse. We have the highest rate of taxation ever and the worst public services. It ain't the immigrants keeping the difference...

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
...and while you're getting upset about illegal immigrants, Alexander Boris dePfeiffel Johnson and his rich pals continue to rake billions out of the public purse. We have the highest rate of taxation ever and the worst public services. It ain't the immigrants keeping the difference...

Does not an (ever growing) proportion of tax revenues apply to social services?

For example, health care for the uninsured, food support, housing, etc?

Don't disagree about taxation going haywire, but I believe this is a case here for causality and not just correlation.
edit on 8-10-2021 by SleeperHasAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Don't feed him mate.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If I was to pull up alongside that raft full of rapists, misogynists and homophobes and slice it open with a filleting knife out in the middle of the channel

The weakest and most pathetic members of society would be upset

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Well currently there seems to be a de facto "no border" policy in many Western countries.
And here neither country seems willing to act, even if many laws may be broken.
Considering how the US horse-mounted border guards were smeared recently, it's not surprising.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Well currently there seems to be a de facto "no border" policy in many Western countries.
And here neither country seems willing to act, even if many laws may be broken.
Considering how the US horse-mounted border guards were smeared recently, it's not surprising.

Well, we should qualify that halfoldman, in that there is lax border enforcement at the periphery of our country, so as to not eliminate illegal immigration. That is not an indictment of our border patrol folks, mind you, as they are doing the best they can in a strategically F.U.B.A.R. situation

In the Nation's Capitol, we now have a veritable fortress sheltering our legislative overlords.

Not to diminish the Jan 6th riot, but. there are coyotes, drug smugglers, people on terrorist watch lists and God knows who else traversing our Southern border each day, but meh, much rather have the Federal Bureau of Entrapment chasing those pernicious and pervasive "White Supremacists"

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

O/T but have to say, your new avatar made me smile.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 11:33 PM
link   

The change we need to implement is a no mercy shoot first policy for border jumping. Under the law in the US they can be labeled as invaders. We should defend our borders with lethal force.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join