It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French police watch on as migrants cross Channel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

I don't quite think the guy who's your Avatar would share those feelings RMFX1.

I can pretty much guarantee that.
edit on 8-10-2021 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

They are likely using the Libyan route to go into French/British waterways. And many of them arent even Libyan.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

Personally I think that we should sink a few.

Then that would make us no better than the despotic countries we stand against , murder is not a way forward.

The EU have brought the problem upon themselves and France is the source of our problem not the people who have been allowed to get to France , this is largely down to Merkel's open door policy.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

They're too busy having affairs and lining their mates pockets to enact any real policies though thatt's been true of the last few governments.

Though the new Criminal Justice Bill removes a lot of the essential human rights required to have a funnctioning democracy and is in it's final reading in the Lords.

Patel is a complete nutter and way out of her depth - she's getting worse by the week and close to reaching Abott levels of idiocy.
edit on 8-10-2021 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I honestly hope they flood into your country by the millions..

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

How many weans has Boris actually got?

And does he even know or care? LoL

Patel is as crazy as they come, complete nasty specimen of a human being, and don't care who she hurts or steps upon to achieve her masters sick twisted agenda.

Its bloody clown shoes if they are honest not that it matters because the opposition is completely unelectable.

If that's not broken by design I'm not sure what is.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

Good for you.

No one cares, but if you're that desperate for attention you might want to set up one of those tiktok things.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   
No nation should be required to send support or *fix* another nation's problems "on their end" to keep from being invaded.

Here in the U.S. it was not uncommon to have a situation where illegal migrants were shot crossing the border.

The solution was work programs. They would sign up in Mexico. Then take a U.S. bus to the work site in the U S. With a stop in California to pick up any U.S. workers. After the job was done they were paid in u.s dollars and bussed home.

There was no reason to cross illegally, as a matter of fact it was a risk to your life, as it should be.

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: halfoldman

Or a big wave and that will be the end of it, problem solved.

And if we pass them along to Canada or the USA, not that they could realistically manage any sort of voyage in that sort of craft, how are we any better than the French?

Need to make it so they don't want to come, which means fixing the mess on there end not ours as unpalatable as the case may be.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

originally posted by: sciencelol

Good for you.

No one cares, but if you're that desperate for attention you might want to set up one of those tiktok things.

LOL just pointing out how racist it is to even complain about all those brown people poring in.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkEyi
a reply to: Tulpa

They are likely using the Libyan route to go into French/British waterways. And many of them arent even Libyan.

Possible but however they got to France isn't the problem. Once they get to the North coast of France and pay the people traffickers, they're in a boat and on the way.
It's at that point that the systems in place seem inadequate.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Think on this one. When police want to stop drug trafficking they go after the suppliers. Now where in hell are these migrants getting these inflatables from. You can't go and get them from the local shop. Think on that logistic, they have to get it, inflate it and they aint little kiddie boats, even though some have tried those.
When the migrant camp was at Calais and we were stopping them, the Mayor of Calais actually said "if you don't let them in I will buy everyone of them a one way ticket to Britain". All of it is, is the French does not want to do anything except pass them on to us.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Skyman65

"No nation should be required to send support or *fix* another nation's problems "on their end" to keep from being invaded."

Tell that to the $20 trillion America just spent on Afghanistan over the past two decades with little to no change or result.

These people coming here on boats, the majority of such would kill for a job Skyman65, make no mistake about that.

Fact of the matter through, we dont even have enough or anywhere near enough affordable accommodation for the people here already thanks to Thatcher and her ilk selling off our housing stock in the 1980s and 90s with out bothering to replace but a fraction of what is needed neverminded work programs.

Where are they all going to say? Because Boris don't care one iota.

The solution would appear to be self evident there, but the profit margins don't fit the hedge-fund bastards and merchant bankers expectations.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What would solve this problem at a stroke, stop all benefits except for people who have worked for at least 5 years. Nothing, nada. And by jobs I mean proper jobs not like 50 migrants being "employed" at a scrap yard or car wash. No free housing, nothing.
But then you'll have the do gooders crying "oh those poor migrants are starving on the streets" BS, BS, BS. They aint coming to work, they are coming to live off our system, an easy ride. And they are gonna drag our country down to the sh##hole they came from.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Could a wall be built?

Oh wait...walls are bad and don't work, and the people that suggest them are xenophobes.

Come to think of it, what's the problem? This is part and parcel of "globalization" one world government. AMIRITE?

Sounds like you want a politician with a strong border policy, but....interestingly many UK posters had problems with the ONE US politician in about 3 decades that prioritized border security.

Interesting.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

What's a a proper job these days through crayzeed?

They were offering £30 a hour to pick Broccoli a few mouths back(in fact now).

That's more than some people make in two hours.

As to no free housing, i think a lot of us would just be happy with affordable housing.

Where people who are employed actually stand a chance of being given a home.

As opposed to being put to the back of the list or made to wait decades before being offered such.

Our nation is not going to the dogs because of immigrates crayzeed, but because of people like Boris.

They are not hard up for work nor somewhere to stay, that's for sure.

metro.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

Mate if a 21 mile wide stretch of ocean don't do the job, how's a wall going to work?

There are all sorts of different races here in the UK.

This is about class war at heart and not racism per-say.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
I agree with all your points but the British people should come first. Yes this IS a governments decision and it's a governments decision to allow this to happen. But it's also the local authorities that does not help the situation. I used to work for the local authority and up to 2006 they had a legal responsibility to house anyone homeless. If they didn't have a property they had to pay for temporary accommodation and that could be in local hotels. Then these got into power and changed the regulations and THAT is why now you see all the homeless on the streets. Except if you have children then the social get involved. Now you see why these migrants like to have children with them.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:02 PM
link   

a reply to: sciencelol

Mate if a 21 mile wide stretch of ocean don't do the job, how's a wall going to work?

There are all sorts of different races here in the UK.

This is about class war at heart and not racism per-say.

Well that just sounds like some crazy Qlarp BS. Its obviously systemic racism and you are racist for not wanting all those brown people to flood into your country.

Its ok I didnt know I was racist for wanting secure borders either . But now you know so are you gonna try and be less white?

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:03 PM
link   

a reply to: bastion

How many weans has Boris actually got?

And does he even know or care? LoL

Patel is as crazy as they come, complete nasty specimen of a human being, and don't care who she hurts or steps upon to achieve her masters sick twisted agenda.

Its bloody clown shoes if they are honest not that it matters because the opposition is completely unelectable.

If that's not broken by design I'm not sure what is.

He's always refused to comment but claimed it's six (with a seventh coming) a couple of weeks back when he was in the US and trying to portray himself as a dedicated family man to US media. The strong rumour in journo circles was eight around 15 years ago annd his nickname was 'shagger'.

I doubt he can remember as his father Stanley was hostive Have I Got News For You and revealed Boris used to regularly get lost on his way home frorm school and forget where he lived or how to describe his house to others despite it being a bright pink castle.

Albania seems the worst possible place to deport people to. The Albanian Mafia have controlled smuggling routes from Europe into the UK from drugs to guns and prostitutes or slave/workhouse labour rapidly over the last five years or so. It's common public knowlege that they can smuggle anything and are a different breed of violent so all this would achieve is giving them more profit and power.

posted on Oct, 8 2021 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think you meant to reply to me, not sciencelol Andy.

My comment was mostly tongue in cheek regarding the wall (of course it is not optimal for an island).

I believe cultural and economic continuity are at stake.

I have no problem all with legal immigration, we are known as The Melting Pot.

The imagery of the life boat is apt here, and a metaphor for our plight. The prosperous Western countries simply cannot take in 10s or 100s of millions of refugees. That is a prescription for capsizing the life boat, as it were.

Also, as we seen in the US, assimilation seems to be a problem for some immigrants. Few things annoy me more than people showing up in the US to better their lives (which is great, don't get m wrong), but then proceeding to pillory our country as a racist, tell us repeatedly and exhaustively what's wrong with it and/or proceeding to try to shift our government/society to the places they left.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join