It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Gov. Hochul Says Un-Vaxxed Christians ‘Aren’t Listening To God...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Klassified

how can you take leaders seriously, when they don't comprehend 7th grade science? Until they realize the large part if this they are missing, I have to assume they are all mentally retarded and should be wearing helmets.

Oh, they'll be wearing helmets soon enough. Blue helmets...

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Removing God's armour to submit to the jab???

If you remove your armour, you deserve the consequence of that decision.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Christian arguments against vaccines, masks, social distancing etc.

Clue me in. What arguments are Christians making? Serious question.

A prominent Florida megachurch pastor has advised his congregants not to receive a COVID-19 vaccine, urging them to “believe in divine immunity” instead. www.huffpost.com...

Among white Americans who are vaccine refusers, 34% believe God will protect them from the virus. baptistnews.com...

Pastor refuses to wear face mask because he can’t ‘picture Jesus wearing a mask’
The pastor previously claimed that any Christian who catches COVID-19 is not a devout enough believer

www.dailydot.com...

“There’s also a general kind of theological belief in the sovereignty of God, that He is the one who knows best. So if you get sick, it’s because you don’t have faith in God and that you’re not living a holy life, so God isn’t able to protect you.”
“According to evangelical groups in other parts of the world, taking the vaccine is like saying ‘I don’t have faith and I’m not holy,’ and it’s challenging their faith in that way,” Campbell said. “And that’s one reason why the vaccine debate is not about personal health, but about freedom, since it questions their religious identity and their right to practice it in a certain way.”

research.tamu.edu...

And then, there's the whole "mark of the beast" thing.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Can't buy or sell or even have a job with the jab (soon). Might as well be the mark.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Some food for thought:

The word "pharmacy" that we use today is derived from the Greek "pharmakeia", which meant not just drugs or potions. It also meant witchcraft and sorcery. (Depending on the context) Some Bible scholars say the pharmakeia references in the original Greek text did not mean helpful medications or remedies. They meant witch's and sorcerer's potions, used for deceptions and seductions. Spell casting.

A frequent argument is that The Lord gave us healing medicines in the form of plants and other natural substances, and that the drugs made by pharmaceutical companies are in opposition to this natural, divine plan.

Source

More
edit on 27-9-2021 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Among white Americans who are vaccine refusers

Do you have any numbers on the black Americans that refuse?

Oh, at your link:

Hispanic Protestants (35%) and Hispanic Catholics (35%) are most likely to believe God will protect them from being infected with COVID-19. Black Americans (35%) and Hispanic Americans (30%) are more likely than members of other racial groups (19%), white Americans (17%), and multiracial Americans (17%) to say God always rewards those who have faith with good health and will protect them from being infected with COVID-19.

That says that twice the percentage of black Americans believe that God will protect them than the percentage of whites and multiracial groups.

edit on b000000302021-09-27T10:27:49-05:0010America/ChicagoMon, 27 Sep 2021 10:27:49 -05001000000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Anecdotal, and few at best.

Meanwhile the POPE is all about the poke.

Check mate

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ok, I hadn't heard of some of these, but in fairness to Christians, the majority do not adhere to the fringe ideas of some of the more cultish "Christian" groups. Handling snakes comes to mind. Most Christians believe God expects them to use the brain he put between their ears.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The more government officials try to punish people into it by forcing them out of society: job, house, ability to obtain basic necessities, etc, even denial of care ... the more it begins to look like prophetic fulfillment particularly when the disease in question is not especially deadly to most people.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Okay, I'm a little better now, have collected my thoughts. . .

When a politician tells me that God wants me vaxxed, then a line has been crossed.

The politician is now a spokesman for God?

It is the height of hubris and arrogance to assume that;

One, all religious people think the same,

Two, all religious people should put their "faith" in an elected politician.

I had the same initial reaction DB. Your GIF expressed it well.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Ok, I hadn't heard of some of these...

Dollars to donuts Gov. Hochul has.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

how can you take leaders seriously, when they don't comprehend 7th grade science? Until they realize the large part if this they are missing, I have to assume they are all mentally retarded and should be wearing helmets.

I find it hard to believe the average Christian did anything but laugh at the very notion of her attempt at making herself out to be something akin to a prophetess of the Christian God. As I have said repeatedly...

"The inmates are running the asylum".

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The more government officials try to punish people into it by forcing them out of society: job, house, ability to obtain basic necessities, etc, even denial of care ... the more it begins to look like prophetic fulfillment particularly when the disease in question is not especially deadly to most people.

This isn't about "most people". It's about the Christian philosophy of "loving thy neighbor", whose life and the lives of their loved ones may not fall into the "most people" category.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Ok, I hadn't heard of some of these...

Dollars to donuts Gov. Hochul has.

No doubt, and they may be the ones she was aiming her remarks at.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This isn't about "most people". It's about the Christian philosophy of "loving thy neighbor", whose life and the lives of their loved ones may not fall into the "most people" category.

"Get behind thee Satan....."

People have been using that bit of scripture a lot lately and I get it.....

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
We are instructed to be in the world, not of the world. This idea that God is mandating vaccines is very Noahide/Old Testament. Are we instructed to love one another? Yep, but maybe where ol' Hochul thinks getting vaccinated is the height of expressing that love, other Christians' beliefs on the matter may vary.

In reality she sounds like a child stomping her foot a declaring, "If you really loved me, you'd do what I want." And that has nothing to do with love and everything to do with selfishness.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I didn't know it was Satan pushing the "love thy neighbor" philosophy.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is my reason for holding out.
As a Christian there are many things we have to put up with
in a mostly secular society.
My wife and I let them be.
What I cannot do is use a treatment derived from the flesh of a murdered child.
I consider this to be an act of pure evil and We will not participate.
We are holding out for a dead virus vaccine but none are available in the country.
I guess we do not get to participate in the reindeer games, vax pass and all.

www.health.nd.gov...

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:51 AM
link   

a reply to: GoShredAK

I didn't know it was Satan pushing the "love thy neighbor" philosophy.

It is Satan twisting one of the two greatest commandments from Jesus to trick people into taking the experiment jab.....which sounds dangerously close to blaspheming the Holy Spirit.....be careful..
edit on 27-9-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Nobody is claiming that "God" is mandating vaccines. Like the adage, it's a row boat, a motor boat and a helicopter sent to rescue those that pray for help.

Take the vaccine, Kenneth Copeland demanded it, and "God" provided it.

edit on 27-9-2021 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join