It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex had vaccine....just tested positive for covid today.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: anonentity

Tell that to the Israelites.
Israel is different, indeed. A higher percentage of the population is vaccinated. But guess what, it's the unvaccinated who are still most at risk.

I'll use some numbers from last month. Feel free to provide more recent numbers and do the math yourself.

We have a population of 9 million. 80% of whom are vaccinated. 80% of 9 million is 7.2 million, leaving 1.8 million unvaccinated.

We have 514 hospitalizations. 303 are vaccinated, 211 are not.

For every 100,000 people who are vaccinated, 4 are hospitalized.
For every 100,000 people who are not vaccinated, 12 are hospitalized.

Which group seems to be doing better?

Have you got to have your booster know before you are considered vaccinated?
No.

Looking at the figures from a different angle, which group likely has a higher percentage of asymptomatic or low symptomatic carriers exposing the other group to the virus? Which of those two groups would likely be acting irresponsibly as if they were now no longer subject to being infected and infectious to others?

Personally, whether I were vaccinated or not, I would highly consider the vaccinated to be much more "problematic" to be in close proximity to concerning potentially contracting this virus.

But, funny how numbers can look when you change the context, ain't it?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

which group likely has a higher percentage of asymptomatic or low symptomatic carriers exposing the other group to the virus?
I give up, which group?

Which of those two groups would likely be acting irresponsibly as if they were now no longer subject to being infected and infectious to others?
I give up, which group? I am fully vaccinated. I avoid large groups of people and am masked indoors when I may encounter others who are not in a similar "bubble." Last week a person in my office tested positive. On Friday, when I found out, I left the office to be tested. Informed pertinent people that I was isolating pending results. Result is negative. I will return to the office on Monday but plan to be retested on Tuesday even though I still show no symptoms.

Bottom line, my behavior has not really been affected by my vaccination status.

edit on 9/13/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrujaRebooted

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

Like I said, I was listening in to the table convo of a guy who works in a hospital, and he was talking candidly with a friend. He flat out said that the vaccination won't keep you from getting it. He said he'd had the vax and gotten it. What he did say is that in his experience, he hadn't seen anyone in ICU who had gotten the shot yet.

So I'm not sure exactly what they're so big on pushing the shot for everyone for. OK. It can keep you out of the ICU, but is that benefit enough to put a gun to everyone's head who doesn't yet have the shot?

If our medical infrastructure is overrun by seriously ill people with covid, many others are left wanting and may die of non-covid due to lack of resources, caregivers and ICU beds. This has always been the goal.

That being said, I absolutely do not agree with vaccine mandates of any kind. The solution lies in beefing up medical infrastructure, not in taking away peoples rights.

Well yeah. And if a LOT of medical people quit rather than take the vaccine when it is demanded of them, where will we be then?

Well yeah, where did I say I supported the mandate? I emphatically stated I didnt. Didnyou not read my entire comment before making your point?

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion I was disputing what you said rather than agreeing with it? Sorry if my wording was not adequate to reflect my intentions.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I really dont know how MSM are really able to keep this type of thing hidden? they cant hide this cant of information about the side effects if so many nurses and some doctors are quitting.

This is a waiting game now.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

So no lockdown for you no isolation for 10 days. How many Ct's was your test? Was it a PCR?
Why bother testing Tuesday?

You would have infected the air around your travel from the home to the office, in the office and the test center. Being vaxxed and asymptomatic you've spread it around the community.

Are you testing to prove your disdain for others or your lucky intakes of breath being too low in viral particles?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkEyi

Even phage must agree that , when the mass vaccinations start the cases start to go up, it has got to be that far more asymmetric cases occur in the vaxed. I am keeping an eye on Auckland as they are starting to struggle to find asymmetric cases. But they are putting more and more effort into mystery cases. They might get lucky.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Each nurse and doctor who refuses the vaccine did not do it for the hell of it they must have had good reasons. If the reactions to the vaccine are so rare then the odds of these numbers of nurses and doctors refusing it does not make much sense. Simply because they should have seen virtually nobody with any reactions if the numbers by the manufacturers were correct. If however, you talk to a guy of eighteen whose sports career is over because of myocarditis, and he knows of other people with the same problem, then anecdotally we would be remiss to think the numbers stated by the vaccine manufacturers are very misleading. www.bitchute.com... Perfectly healthy young people being told by the medical profession to take the Vax. Then dropping dead or being, disabled, is a crime of unfolding magnitude.

I am fully expecting Biden to come up with the bright idea of a presidential directive making Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security recipients ineligible for those government services unless they get vaccinated. Fortunately the wife and I have enough retirement savings whereby we can just wait out the inevitable lawsuits that will be filed immediately.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

So no lockdown for you no isolation for 10 days.
Nope. I was not in what would be considered "close contact."

How many Ct's was your test? Was it a PCR?
Don't know. Yes.

Why bother testing Tuesday?
Because the last time the person was in the office was Tuesday. It can take a week for an infection to appear. I will be in the office tomorrow because I left some matters undone on Friday. My personal office is separate from others in the suite.

You would have infected the air around your travel from the home to the office, in the office and the test center.
It was a drive thru testing facility.

Being vaxxed and asymptomatic you've spread it around the community.
Incorrect. I had no close contact with anyone after I left the office. How can I be asymptomatic if I did not have an infection at the time?

Are you testing to prove your disdain for others or your lucky intakes of breath being too low in viral particles?
I am testing again to ensure that an infection has not developed. Testing does not involve one's "breath" and is not at all pleasant.

edit on 9/13/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

which group likely has a higher percentage of asymptomatic or low symptomatic carriers exposing the other group to the virus?
I give up, which group?

Which of those two groups would likely be acting irresponsibly as if they were now no longer subject to being infected and infectious to others?
I give up, which group? I am fully vaccinated. I avoid large groups of people and am masked indoors when I may encounter others who are not in a similar "bubble." Last week a person in my office tested positive. On Friday, when I found out, I left the office to be tested. Informed pertinent people that I was isolating pending results. Result is negative. I will return to the office on Monday but plan to be retested on Tuesday even though I still show no symptoms.

Bottom line, my behavior has not really been affected by my vaccination status.

Ah, "...anecdotes. Indicative of nothing." Why should yours be considered as any more consideration as REAL evidence than others you have slapped down for the same thing? Are you really speaking for ALL people who have been vaccinated?

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: carewemust

Like I said, I was listening in to the table convo of a guy who works in a hospital, and he was talking candidly with a friend. He flat out said that the vaccination won't keep you from getting it. He said he'd had the vax and gotten it. What he did say is that in his experience, he hadn't seen anyone in ICU who had gotten the shot yet.

So I'm not sure exactly what they're so big on pushing the shot for everyone for. OK. It can keep you out of the ICU, but is that benefit enough to put a gun to everyone's head who doesn't yet have the shot?

If our medical infrastructure is overrun by seriously ill people with covid, many others are left wanting and may die of non-covid due to lack of resources, caregivers and ICU beds. This has always been the goal.

That being said, I absolutely do not agree with vaccine mandates of any kind. The solution lies in beefing up medical infrastructure, not in taking away peoples rights.

Well yeah. And if a LOT of medical people quit rather than take the vaccine when it is demanded of them, where will we be then?

Well yeah, where did I say I supported the mandate? I emphatically stated I didnt. Didnyou not read my entire comment before making your point?

Just out of curiosity, how did you come to the conclusion I was disputing what you said rather than agreeing with it? Sorry if my wording was not adequate to reflect my intentions.

In a re-read, I see I am guilty of misunderstanding your comment and being overly sensitive. My bad. My apologies. Im spending way toooo much time on covid discussion. Thank you for inviting me to self access, imma dial it back, and turn in soon. Have a great evening.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Are you really speaking for ALL people who have been vaccinated?

No.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I'm vaxxed and what phage did is pretty much the same as how I would have acted in the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol
a reply to: nonspecific

When have vaccines ever been for symptoms?

That is what treatments are for. Vaccines are to keep you from getting infected.

Like Tetanus, and rabies, and measles , and mumps, and polio,

treating symptoms is what Tylenol is for

Come on man... Quit spouting about things you know nothing about...

The rabies injection does not protect you from getting it... In fact, it doesn't even stop it from possibly killing you.. It merely gives you a few more hours to get treatment before the serious sh*t starts to happen...

You are severely miguided my friend..

PA

(post by JohnDoe14 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You do realise that your immune system is the way it is because of hundreds and thousands of years of your ancestors getting sick right? And a few hundred years of vaccines eradicating a lot of the diseases that the immune system could not deal with alone.

Or that it's still the immune system that does the work and a vaccine merely allows it to work efficiently without having to actually get a virus in the first place and risk serious illness or death?

You talk about brainwashing when my opinion is based on science and history and real life when yours appears to be be based mainly on misinformation from the internet and the belief that it's cool to go against the grain and denying the provable in favour of psudoscience and conspiracy is somehow "independent thought"

a reply to: JohnDoe14

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I believe the main problem is that over time people have began to value their life more than their liberty. In the past when we did not have our liberty we realized that life wasn’t so valuable without it. I would suggest those that forget the lessons of our past are doomed to repeat them.

Do you think children today are taught the meaning of “give me liberty or give me death”.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We have people with 4 different vaccines going into whatever reports and studies, yet we act and speak like it is one vaccine.

It is divide and conquer at this point. People say they are vaxxed or whatever, but what does that mean? Is Pfizer the best, Moderna, AstraZeneca, j&J, etc?

Having J&J onboard, I couldn't agree more. I've given up on asking which vaccine.

As for the money part. Sure. That's obvious. We don't live in a world where anything is free, and this breeds a whole different set of problems.

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I live in the UK.

On the whole we tend to live our lives in relative freedom and happiness without needing to get all gung go and shout about it like the US does.

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I honestly did not know that. Learned something today.

I'm going to have to look into that further.

Do you have any sources to assist? (not questioning your statement, but rather genuinely interested as I have to deal with all manner of critters on a regular basis).

posted on Sep, 13 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
www.chop.edu...

Even if you've been vaccinated against rabies if you suspect you've been infected you get another 2 shots. If not vaccinated before it's 4.

If that sounds like a lot then the older vaccine you'd have up to 30....

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join