It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So give me a good reason why I need a jab for a common cold that has 0 to 0.1 percent death rate?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
There was a nasty flu pandemic that killed around 500,000 in Russia in the 1970's that killed mainly younger people.

This is from memory but I think they figured out it was because the strain was similar to one from 50 years earlier and most older people had antibodies that could fight it whereas the younger kids were vunerable.

a reply to: vonclod

I wish that was the case here, I'm not confident about long term antibodies in our situation.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TzarChasm

A wide range of factors including suicide, homicide, substance abuse and neglected health complications.
Some, probably. But the numbers don't seem to reflect this. The death rate in 2020 was 15.9% higher than 2019.

If this had been treated like a standard flu instead of being inflated to apocalyptic proportions, there might have been less mental health crisis and less hysteria driving those mortality figures.
And perhaps the toll would have been greater still without those measures.

This may explain the increase in deaths.
May just be a good time for a plandemic.

Between 2020 and 2050, the number of deaths is projected to rise substantially as the population ages and a significant share of the population, the baby boomers, age into older adulthood.

www.census.gov...

edit on 30-8-2021 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Yeah the number of deaths has been rising, but there was something special about 2020.

And the death rate, that 15.9%, is a rate based on population.

edit on 8/30/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I could believe it. I do think Delta may be hitting a younger demo..but not sure how consequential it is. When I hear a random news report about a younger person in the hospital, sure, it's not good, I just have a hard time believing it's widespread, but I could be wrong.

I think the Spanish flu, hit a different age group on its 2nd wave, I think it hit the young first though.

I think you are right. Not sure where I sit with Delta. Seems you don't get a temp and you are typically tired and you joints ack mostly. It does get passed faster I'm pretty sure of that, but that, as you said, might really not matter a whole hell of a lot if no one is going to the hospital.

posted on Aug, 30 2021 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Fever remains quite common but a loss of smell no longer appears in the top 10 symptoms, Professor Tim Spector, who runs the Zoe Covid Symptom study and app, said.

He said: “Since the start of May, we have been looking at the top symptoms in the app users – and they are not the same as they were.”

He went on: “This variant seems to be working slightly differently.

“People might think they’ve just got some sort of seasonal cold and they still go out to parties and they might spread around to six other people.

“We think this is fuelling a lot of the problem.

worldmedicinefoundation.com...

And more than no one is being hospitalized.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
There is no reason and even the death rate is not accurate. Here in Florida, Miami listed a motorcycle death as COVID. When asked by the local news the ER stated they are instructed to test everyone and if it comes back as positive then the death must list COVID.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: humanResistance

I'm 37.

What is your height, weight and body fat %? Do you have diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, cancer, or a blood disorder? Are you immunocompromised?

You've obviously already come to a conclusion, so your "question" isn't actually a question. However, you would most likely survive a severe covid infection, and IMO, you're free to assume the risk without taking a vaccine. Also IMO, for those who abstain from vaccines, if they do have a severe infection and life-saving resources are limited, those resources should go to those people who attempted to minimize the risk by taking a vaccine.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

An experimental cold & flu medicinal shot. TheraJab as a title for referencing purposes also works.

When does it stop being experimental?

I really do not care what it is called, I just run with whatever people recognize. As long as it triggers the immune system to recognized the COVID protein too I'm happy with whatever name is picked in the end.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MPoling
There is no reason and even the death rate is not accurate. Here in Florida, Miami listed a motorcycle death as COVID. When asked by the local news the ER stated they are instructed to test everyone and if it comes back as positive then the death must list COVID.

They have broken it out to 308k that had both COVID and pneumonia, so I think that is very close to the true count of pure COVID deaths.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And more than no one is being hospitalized.

This is also spreading as info...

“With the new COVID-19 variant called Delta, there is oftentimes no cough, no fever. “There is a lot of joint pain, headache, neck and upper back pain, general weakness, loss of appetite, and pneumonia. “And of course, It’s more virulent and with a higher mortality rate,”

So I do not know if it is false or other places just haven't really updated their symptoms from COVID in general.

edit on 31-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

It isn't a f#ing vaccine.

What is it?

What would you like to call it?

I'm back just to answer this question.

It's a Big Pharma medical experiment.

I'm not "calling it that". That is exactly what it is.

I'm sorry you chose to be a guinea pig. Please stop taking it out on me.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Is something 30 years in testing with human Phase 1/2 trails 7 years old still seen as experimental still?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Is something 30 years in testing with human Phase 1/2 trails 7 years old still seen as experimental still?

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from but yes. It's experimental.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:55 PM
link   

So, your answer is that we need to be overly cautious so that folks like your hypothetically ignorant elderly man incapable of having knowledge or doing research, or those with health conditions with the same inabilities, don't have to do their own research and see if a claim applies to them?

That's insane.

Individual users of this site should not have to, nor should we be expected to, include all demographics and specifics of an issue in their OP or comments simply for fear that a hypothetical reader is unwilling or incapable of researching deeper into the topic.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure where you're getting your numbers from but yes. It's experimental.

30 years of research with 7 years of human testing, massive Phase 3 testing, followed by 4+ billion jabed

So what is your timeline then?

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Stop now...that will be a never-ending argument about the semantics of "experimental."

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

So, your answer is that we need to be overly cautious so that folks like your hypothetically ignorant elderly man incapable of having knowledge or doing research, or those with health conditions with the same inabilities, don't have to do their own research and see if a claim applies to them?

That's insane.

First, do you think a 70 year-old should get it? Its just my opinion based on their age group that got hit hard with it. My point is there is so much crap out there what do you believe?

There is a big difference between overly cautious and down right untrue and/or hyperbolic to some extreme.

Individual users of this site should not have to, nor should we be expected to, include all demographics and specifics of an issue in their OP or comments simply for fear that a hypothetical reader is unwilling or incapable of researching deeper into the topic.

And yet you have your opinion and I have mine, right?

Take the 70 year-old out of the equations it is still a plethora of untruths and hyperbolic statements people are using to try and prove some point...lol

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: humanResistance

Because it's not the common cold.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

That's insane.

Thank you for articulating my point so eloquently. Brilliant.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Sure thing. I'm just getting so damn tired of these ATS folks who think that it's their job to tell people how to write OPs and comments.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join