It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So give me a good reason why I need a jab for a common cold that has 0 to 0.1 percent death rate?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
First, do you think a 70 year-old should get it? Its just my opinion based on their age group that got hit hard with it. My point is there is so much crap out there what do you believe?

Yes, I do, because a 70-year-old being in that age group should have already spoken with a doctor about it. I also don't think that there's a plethora of 70-year-olds on ATS getting their COVID info from here.

There is a big difference between overly cautious and down right untrue and/or hyperbolic to some extreme.

And the OP was neither, it just seemed like you felt a need to complain about some inappropriate need to appease a hypothetical, and it's been a derailing of the thread and a distraction ever since, which is against TOCs, if I'm not mistaken...and that does a disservice to this thread.

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

There is a big difference between overly cautious and down right untrue and/or hyperbolic to some extreme.

And the OP was neither, it just seemed like you felt a need to complain about some inappropriate need to appease a hypothetical, and it's been a derailing of the thread and a distraction ever since, which is against TOCs, if I'm not mistaken...and that does a disservice to this thread.

Seems you are the only one getting all huffy here...lol

The OP's question is a little miss leading in suggesting COVID is just the common cold and close to zero for death or serious issues and the vaccine will kill you, but I did answer it with my opinion that at 37 and healthy he most likely should not get the vaccine, so what is you point there?

The whole age 70 or 75 seem to trigger a few when my first post was that a 75 year-old is not next to zero risk...

So ya it matters your age and health... Now someone else was saying 10,000s are dying to the vaccine, another Fulfill a death wish..so on and so forth, so maybe you can get on them...lol I haven't posted anything incorrect or hyperbolic and I actually gave the guy a good answer, so maybe you need to lighten up...

edit on 1-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm "all huffy here" because you have a tendency to derail threads with semantic nitpicky things like this, and it's a disservice to the site while you are calling out people for doing a disservice to site users. It's highly ironic, it's unproductive, it's against the site Ts&Cs, and it needs called out for what it is. It's not that it "triggers" people, it's that it's unnecessary and pointless in the first place and removes focus from where it should be.

What you posted may not have been hyperbolic or incorrect (to me, anyhow), but it was unnecessary and silly, which can be just as bad.

Best regards...I'm done with this discussion.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: humanResistance
Here in Ontario lately the virus has attenuated so much it is far weaker than seasonal flu. So why should I take a risky jab? A New Zealand woman just died yesterday after Pfizer.

news

You could be asymptomatic sprinkling little traces of virus all around the community and not even know it.

Everybody knows you can still catch and spread bs covid even when injected.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: MDDoxs

originally posted by: IAMTAT
A good reason to get the jab?
Sure.

Fulfill a death wish.

You're a fan of blood clots.

Free donut.

Here I will help fix this for you.

1) There is nothing to be afraid of.
2) The incident of blood clots are higher in those that contract Covid than the vaccine by a significant amount.
3) Yes, lots of free donuts.

Dont let other people's fear and lack of understanding dissuade you from making your own informed decision.

In that vein, you can also argue that if it's so deadly and everyone's a walking murderer leaving a trail of death behind them, then it's not very damned effective at doing the Reaper's bidding, considering the lack of fetid corpses everywhere. Which also calls into question the necessity of shots in the first place, since everyone's a vaxxed up viral shedding Reaper's Righthand Man/Woman Covid Cathy now.

"Covid cathy" lol! I'm definitely gonna use that one.

Also good post....where are all the dead bodies?
edit on 2-9-2021 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, because some people aren't as lucky to be in the low risk category, and I doubt it's as low as you say. My girlfriend is a double lung transplant due to cystic fibrosis. One out of five people in her situation do not survive Covid-19. Sure, you all can say then she should forfeit her life on behalf of everyone else, but I say no. We have every right to live in this world as well. I wish it didn't come down to forced vaccinations, but since we are all suddenly afraid of a little science, then screw your freedoms. I'll come jab all of ya's myself.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

Best regards...I'm done with this discussion.

You may think so, but it seems I make a point and one or two people expand it out way past anything I initially really cared to do. You and I typically agree on more than we disagree, so I really do not get triggered if we don't at times, so no issues on my part.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: humanResistance

lol china is home of the social credit score. Which is what vaxx pass is the first step towards.

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Here in Ontario lately the virus has attenuated so much it is far weaker than seasonal flu. So why should I take a risky jab? A New Zealand woman just died yesterday after Pfizer.

How old are you... A person 75 isn't .1% death rate....
Depends 94% of covid deaths have an average of 4 comorbidities….

Just being 75 has a higher death rate than stupid19

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MaircasOflanahbra

Just being 75 has a higher death rate than stupid19

Which age group has the most of your comorbidities. I do believe that age does play into it too a good deal. We have seen viruses that affect the young more than the old too, so there are difference in how the body evolves over time. 50+ in age we see a huge difference than 49- in age, and it isn't just comorbidities making up that difference. So yes, 75 and healthy get the damn vaccine...lol

edit on 2-9-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Because the ACLU actually claimed in a tweet today that the government forcing needles into your arm to inject expiramental mRNA with zero liability or recourse is protecting your civil liberties.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya

posted on Sep, 2 2021 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So yes, 75 and healthy get the damn vaccine...lol

Nope.

9/10,000 chance of dying as a healthy 75 year-old with no comorbidities. That is without treatment.

www.qcovid.org...

Look it up yourself. Tons of research already about what's happening to people getting quaxxed. Start at thelastamericanvagabond.com

edit on 2-9-2021 by MaircasOflanahbra because: forgot a sentence

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Look it up yourself. Tons of research already about what's happening to people getting quaxxed. Start at thelastamericanvagabond.com

Base on what? The assumption the vaccine is worst than the virus. Seems that is what you suggest here. Throw a little extra and it like 1 in 34, so not sure your point. If you are the 75 year old with nothing then roll the dice...lol

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Do we ever speak about what the "death rate" would be had the world not taken the measures it took?

Just wondering.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 01:33 AM
link   

So yes, 75 and healthy get the damn vaccine...lol

Nope.

9/10,000 chance of dying as a healthy 75 year-old with no comorbidities. That is without treatment.

www.qcovid.org...

The table shows the absolute risk of catching and dying COVID-19 over a 90-day period based on data from the first peak of the pandemic.

That table does not show the risk of dying if you get covid. It's the overall risk of contracting and dying over a short period of time based on data during the time when heavy restrictions where in place to reduce spread.

posted on Sep, 3 2021 @ 02:00 AM
link   

news

Because while you might not be at risk other people are. And because if there is a pool of unvaxxed people there is a risk of new variants emerging.

The vax has a risk factor of around 0.0027 percent. Right now you're just being a snowflake moaning about your feelz. Suck it up and get the shot, I've had enough of being locked down because Sjw are more concerned with how silly they look in a mask than they are about the science.

posted on Sep, 4 2021 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

AAAAAAAAAAARGH, IT ISN'T A FRIGGING VACCINE. IF ANYTHING YOU PETRY (SIC) DISHES ARE A POOL OF VIRAL MUTATIONS. WHY ARE YOU BLAMING THE NORMAL PEOPLE WHO LIVE WITH THE SAME IMMUNE SYSTEM THEY WERE BORN WITH?

AAAAAAAAAAARGH ZOmbie indeed...

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join