It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers and covid Question

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The real biggy is when I was a kid nobody was fat, because they all smoked, now people waddle down to Mac Deaths when the good old appetite suppressor in the smokes actually stopped people from binge eating. The Clown world is here.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: sciencelol

I quit smoking last October, and I have had the crud at least 3 times since. Now I don't know if it was covid, flu, or regular cold, but every time the cold ended up in my lungs causing me to be winded. Never happened before. I generally feel much better that I no longer smoke, but when I get sick I can feel the damage I did to my lungs. If you smoke now, you should think about stopping, it's very bad for you. I'm done on my soapbox now. Sorry to be the annoying "I quit, so should you" guy. I hated that guy when I smoked *hides*

Edit: After reading through the entire thread, there may be a reason I started getting sick after I quit smoking haha. Do I start back up?

edit on 20-8-2021 by AIC4ME because: read through thread

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AIC4ME

Oh the horror of smoking, but it's a bit like how long is a bit of string, five or six rollups a day never did anyone any harm.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

havnt u guys heard thc is the onlky real medicine against covid

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Quit smoking about 2 weeks ago or so. Smoked pretty heavily before that. A pack a day or more. Took pretty much zero covid precautions this entire time other than those legally mandated, still giving zero #s. Was sick around december 2019, had a mild cold last summer, other than that been fine.
edit on 20/8/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I've had an idea for a short film for a long time that I never got around to shooting. Smoker guy feels the squeeze at work and elsewhere. Pushed to far away smoking areas at work, shunned by the holier than thou's, the laws that followed. Even the bars. He's starting to feel like maybe he is just a loser.

Then the ozone layer finally gives up and, as it turns out, all the little lung cilia of non-smokers are burnt up and they die leaving most smokers alive heh.

Maybe I wasn't that far off.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Sadly I smoke and not vaxxed.. I got covid a few months back. I never get sick really. It was just like the flu for a couple of days and lost taste and smell.. wasn't knocked out and still did things it'sjust my temperature up and down abit.

Fun fact thought. I am ginger and redheads generate more vitamin D in their skin naturally compared to other coloured haired people so that might help prevent getting too sick

I'm mid 30's and now naturally immune.. Will never take the vaccine.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:30 AM
link   
also a long time smoker here, almost 30 years. About a pack a day. My parents did also smoke, my mother smoked when she was pregnant, so I guess you can say I've been smoking since the day I was conceived, lol.

Anyway. Still in good health and in good shape, never got covid, and almost never got sick since my twenties.
I can tell you the same stories as others in this thread: The people I know who got lung cancer were none smokers. The smokers I know/knew never got cancer. My dad is the only smoker I knew who got cancer (liver cancer due to heavy drinking), the cancer was everywhere, except in his lungs..........

I've thought about this topic a lot, ever since a same like topic was here on ATS around 2009 and right after Sars and Mers. But somehow I always believed that we were just kidding ourselves and used this 'info' to justify our smoking.

My partner quit 8 yeas ago and his health went downhill from there.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KindraLabelle2

Funny you say that I had the same thought.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Think I had my last cigarette back in 2008. Gave up as wanted to get myself fit by taking up jogging, not because of scary looking packets of cigarettes but I do wonder if some people knew cigarettes helped to prevent cold viruses and that's why the big drive came along with ads and, news and doctors telling everyone they should quit??

2 things i didn't like about smoking was the bad breath and smelly clothes... even though I weren't a heavy smoker, only max 5 on a given day, I think I did stink a bit and so did my property. Anyway, was more of a marijuana smoker!

Havn't had a cold or bad flu for over 30 years!
edit on 20-8-2021 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I smoke the herb
and havent had a cold or flu since I was like 18
I also live in scotland and it rains here all the time

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

yeh I couldnt stand the smell of the tobacco on my clothes and my house either

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Your just high on freedom and guns.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smoker

Unvaxxed

Feeling groovy

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Smoker, fairly heavy a pack-ish or so. I just recently, 3 weeks ago got hit with thr rona. No smell/taste, some head fog,more than normal, and some odd trouble taking a real deep breath. Not much to write home about. Wanna know the real b*tch of it? The only 4 people I've been around are fully vaxxed...go figure? All 4 flipped too. "Its impossible" they said. "You could not have." Heard that one too. 3 out of the 4 now refuse to speak to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Your just high on freedom and guns.

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Smoker

Unvaxxed

Feeling groovy

You're just jealous

Non smoker, not vaxed, only wear a mask where required.
Nearly two years in I've still not met anyone who has gotten the ronies.
My dentist tested positive, but otherwise wouldn't have known.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Heavy smoker double jabbed with az.

Sat at home on full pay as work won't allow me in as the stepdaughters currently got covid.....

a reply to: lordcomac

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

but why , you are double vaccinated ? surely you are protected right

that doesnt make any sense I thought you could go anywhere double vaccinated.

Im not being sarcastic im genuinely curious
as I am in the Union at my work and wondering why your employer wont let you in despite following the government guidelines

or did I miss something , even if you are double vaccinated if someone in your household comes down with it you are still to isolate ?
or is that your works policy ?

thanks
edit on 20-8-2021 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I don't have to self isolate but I work on a covid testing van and the policy is that if I'm on close contact with a positive case I have to stay off work for a shift rotation.

I'm still able to be asymptomatic so it's just them playing it safe really.

a reply to: sapien82

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

well Im sorry to hear about yer lassie , hope she is ok and the rest of your family !

Aww the best mate , Slainte mhath

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
A pack a day here. Non-vaxxed.

Knock on wood, but Ive yet to have a sniffle and work in a very crowded public place.

Maybe luck, maybe Camel's.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join