It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers and covid Question

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: sciencelol

It might be the nicotine.
clinicaltrials.gov...

It might be.

But the studies If I remember correctly didn't include snuff and chewing tobacco, just smokers.

I may ne remembering incorrectly.

I'll see if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

clinicaltrials.gov...

It might be.

But the studies If I remember correctly didn't include snuff and chewing tobacco, just smokers.

I remember stories of them giving patients nicotine patches in Italy and some other countries.

Of course its hard to know if anything you read is true lol

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sciencelol

clinicaltrials.gov...

It might be.

I remember stories of them giving patients nicotine patches in Italy and some other countries.

Of course its hard to know if anything you read is true lol

No, that might have been the one I read too.

I can't find what I thought I read now.

So, not sure. lol.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks to this thread, I now view the $10 I spend on Marlboros every day as an investment in my own health. In your face, Mr. Surgeon General!
edit on 19-8-2021 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Unvaxxed, unmasked smoker here. Got covid before vaccines were available. Had some slight chest pain, but that could've just been my notsogreat heart. It does that sometimes. Covid was more or less asymptomatic for me.

Chickenpox was way worse. Hell, seasonal allergies are worse by far.

ETA: I don't condone smoking at all, let alone as some kind of remedy or preventive measure to anything.
edit on 19-8-2021 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The sad thing is, even in the face of this new evidence, most of the sheeple will still lack the will to start smoking.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I haven't had a cold or flu in at least 20 years.

I'm a heavy smoker.

I think early on there were studies showing smokers rarely got the Vid.

I saw some of those stories . My wife and I were gonna try and quit because of covid at first then we saw some of those stories and said well lets just keep smoking.

We probably wouldnt have been able to quit anyway lol

I smoked for 20 years, quit in 2013. I haven't had the flu since I was 6 or 7 and was rather up close and personal with my wife (who has never smoked) when she had corona and I never got, or never showed symptoms. You may be on to something here.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well we will Know 100% it works against Covid if they all of a sudden just try and make it illegal to smoke .

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm 43 unmasked, unvaxed, heavy smoker daily for 31 years, I have had a cold maybe a half dozen times in the whole period.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Well we will Know 100% it works against Covid if they all of a sudden just try and make it illegal to smoke .

Well, they did raise the smoking age from 18 to 21 during covid. At least in my state.
🤔

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

Well, they did raise the smoking age from 18 to 21 during covid. At least in my state.
🤔

Really? wow.. And biden banned menthols

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Heavy smoker here, as well as my husband.

Haven't caught a cold or flu in over 15 years and no Covid.

We're vaxxed and masked just as a courtesy to others.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   
FYI:

Published: 26 February 2021
“Are smokers protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19)? The origins of the myth“

“A number of recent studies have found low percentages of smokers among COVID-19 patients, causing scientists to conclude that smokers may be protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection. National and international media were interested in this story and we soon began receiving questions about this topic in general practice. In this article, we shed light on the process that resulted in the misinterpretation of observational research by scientists and the media. We also point out the methodological flaws of various studies on which hasty conclusions were based. Finally, we address the role of primary healthcare providers in mitigating the consequences of erroneous claims about a protective effect of smoking.”

www.nature.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My uneducated belief is it is the temperature of the smoke inhaled that's killing the germs. I also drink my coffee red hot.

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer
FYI:

Published: 26 February 2021
“Are smokers protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection (COVID-19)? The origins of the myth“

“A number of recent studies have found low percentages of smokers among COVID-19 patients, causing scientists to conclude that smokers may be protected against SARS-CoV-2 infection. National and international media were interested in this story and we soon began receiving questions about this topic in general practice. In this article, we shed light on the process that resulted in the misinterpretation of observational research by scientists and the media. We also point out the methodological flaws of various studies on which hasty conclusions were based. Finally, we address the role of primary healthcare providers in mitigating the consequences of erroneous claims about a protective effect of smoking.”

www.nature.com...

Instead of posting some media source why not listen to actual sources from actual people who smoke and have smoked for years .

So far not one on this thread has said Covid was even an issue. As a matter of fact all of them have said they never get sick lol

posted on Aug, 19 2021 @ 11:58 PM
link   
We had a laugh out front yesterday about stepping outside for a smoke here in Northern California. " If you didnt smoke before, you do now".

The Sun has been red, and the moon was orange. My eyes burnt like crazy, and were tearing up when I rode my bike a few days ago. It was like I had rubbed onion or hot pepper in my eyes.

Weve had some massive fires here this year, and you can see the smoke hanging in the air.
There is a cloud icon with a red exclamation point over it at the bottom of my screen right now. ( AQI warning) Cant smell the smoke at the moment, but I know its there.

I hope you guys are right, although I already had long covid in 2020. Being here now must be like smoking about 5 packs a day, and I want to quit so bad, I just cant
Its not up to me. I pray every night " God please let me quit smoking 24/7" But evidently he knows best, and is protecting me from the deadly covid.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

The anti-smokers move fast because the funding is there, I have no doubt that all the added # in store-bought cigs are bad for your health after all they were OK'd by the FDA. But the fact still remains, you have a seventy percent decrease in the chances of getting Altzheimers, smokers don't end up with joint replacements as much as nonsmokers, Pipe smokers live longer than nonsmokers. At present the oldest people on Earth are smokers. Smokers that worked in asbestos mines are still alive when the nonsmokers are long gone. Plenty of hard-to-find studies are out there, anti smoking just another divide and rule tactic with a profit motive not too hard to find if you look fr it.

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:24 AM
link   
It is not the Nicotine that causes cancer in smokers.

It is all of the chemicals that are sprayed on the tobacco crop that cause cancer.

If you grew the tobacco yourself without using insecticides and other sprays, it could be beneficial for you.

Oh wait, yeah, it is illegal for you to do so.

Now, why is that?

P

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:52 AM
link   
My current driver is on 40 a day, has a lanyard with a exemption from mask wearing……he’s never caught covid…..he’s an agency driver and they usually get dropped at the end of October until the following year in March. Will ask him if he got sick over any of those months that I don’t see him…..

posted on Aug, 20 2021 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I am a long time smoker and I hardly ever get sick from a cold or flu.

As a matter of fact the last two times I got really sick Was during the 2 years I quit smoking.

So my question is for other smokers.

Has any of you caught covid and if you did did you get sick ?

I am unvaxed and never wear a mask and have not had so much as a sniffle this whole pandemic but I tested positive for antibodies.

The tar in cigarettes contains more than 4,000 chemicals like ammonia, acrolein, carbon monoxide, hydrogen cyanide, nicotine, nitrogen oxides, arsenic, and sulfur dioxide.

Viruses don't stand a chance when they hit a long time smoker's lungs. The tar on your lungs kill any and all viruses and bacteria.

That's why you do not get sick.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join