It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetics Make Up Nearly HALF of US China Virus Deaths--ADA

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Havamal

a reply to: rickymouse
Good point. A diabetic has to work with their doctor to get things right. Medication sensitivity is critical.

My wife is not a typical diabetic. She is in good shape, within her weight range for a 20 year old woman (she is 56), and is very active. We walk, backpack, hunt in Montana on horse once a year, and are overall outdoor folks. We only eat fresh vegs, fruits and keep our meat servings down to under 4 oz a meal. Not health nuts, just common sense. Diet really helps.

However, it is very disturbing to see so many Americans that seem to be trying to get diabetes. Really, our country is 2/3ds obese? That takes a lot of time. 5 pound a year for years?

When i was a kid almost all of us were skinny. Few fat kids, and they got picked on. Now, it seems most Americans my age (59) are obese. I wonder how it happened to them over the years.

And many now admit they have diabetes due to weight, knee probkems, back and circulation problems (code word for some men when things don't work) that seem like they put upon themselves.

It is sad when my wife and I had to stop inviting friends on fishing trips because they were too fat to get off a dock and onto our boat without 3 people to help them, or when a couple we had known for years needed us to get a 4 wheeler to get them up to our cabin because they could not climb a slope.

Obesity is going to kill th US, and it is because some folks can't get up and enjoy real life. What are you doing in those chairs? Tv?

Just start doing something, rather than huffing and puffing around your last few years of life.

Not for this to wander anymore than it has, my friend but maybe if your primary concern is the physical and mental health then maybe locking down the country for months at a time might not have been the best course of action. I bet it made the situation much worse.

Let's not have an overly simplistic view of the obesity problem here in the US, there are dozens of variables from their environment, lack of knowledge of what to eat and not to eat, and body chemistry.

Agreed. I have many loved ones who are obese. I hate to see them die from this.

So do I, but who knows for some it had to be the impetus to get in better shape. As fat and obese as we are exercising and eating right has certainly been on the increase, as well as the practice of reading labels while shopping.

Not to mention help those you know, it doesn't take much to turn it around. Watch your sodium and sugar intake, don't eat after 8:00 pm if you are on a regular schedule, and drink plenty of water.

I say fat because my friends call themselves fat. Sorry, but I am 59 and of that generation.

You are speaking truth. I am big on walking. A friend lost 15 pound in a month just by making his own food - veg, fruit platters, spaghetti, no meat, low salt, and water, water, water.

When he got done he said he could not stand salty food or meat. He is down to weight now and has to drink milk shakes every day to keep his weight up!

Keep it up for a day, then two then go all in. Go vegan most of the time, cure hunger with fruit platters, eat some meat (home cooked), all fish is a freebie, and after three weeks you are home. Btw, after three weeks you won't be able to pig out. A binge will be one piece of pizza.

Good luck!

Eta: all fish - I mean buy fillets, cook them at home. You can bread them. Deep fry - ok, once every often but they count as red meat. Learn about olive oil - cook fillets in olive oil with butter. Excellent . olive oil takes is a godsend to your heart, and it does other good things.

edit on 18-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just heard on the local news that "MonkeyPox" is a looming danger. One that really is deadly.

You heard wrong. One person has it in America, and it's a strain that's not deadly to humans. Change news channels. Or do what I did 12 years ago, and cancel TV/news all together.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Just heard on the local news that "MonkeyPox" is a looming danger. One that really is deadly.

You heard wrong. One person has it in America, and it's a strain that's not deadly to humans. Change news channels. Or do what I did 12 years ago, and cancel TV/news all together.

I saw an ATS thread on MonkeyPox today too!

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Why would anyone provide you a source when you'll probably just poopoo it?

Also, the 99% number is recent deaths, not overall deaths since covid hit our shores.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Havamal

I wonder how they got to 99.5% as a number?

If you won't source it, I am going to expect they counted in every death since covid happened, even when there was no vaccination (that isn't one) around.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Okay so, what's the sample size? You seem educated about the statistic others keep quoting.

What's the sample size for that claim?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 01:55 AM
link   

I saw an ATS thread on MonkeyPox today too!

And that thread said exactly what I just said.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

But we knew this last year. It's not news, and it's not a secret. They'd figured this one out last summer.

Diabetes
Obesity
Hypertension
Heart disease

These are the main risk factors for covid.

And about 30% of the adult male population of the United States.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Lumenari
They also spell out that only 6% of those that have died were from Covid (or the common Flu) alone.... the other 94% had at least two co-morbidity factors.[

Blatant disinformation is what you are spreading here.

This is also blatant disinformation.

So you're claiming the CDC is spreading disinformation?

Are you claiming the CDC is disinformation? We're in the middle of a disinformation war, son! Disinformation is the greatest threat to our society and the CDC is a well-oiled machine ushering forth a disease free future for our children. They deserve your full loyalty, trust, obedience, and your thanks. You can't disagree with the got'dayum CDC, have you lost your mind?

Ministry of Propaganda Chairperson Psaki has authorized me to turn off your Internet. I'm also going to need to review your SMS messages to see if you've been disparaging the CDC to others. Your social media will not be available until we're confident you are not being radicalized by conspiracy theories and we're going to ask your friends if they've been exposed to extremist anti-science propaganda from you.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Of the 245,000 how many were over the age of 75?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:39 AM
link   

It could be because half the population has high blood sugar.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Diabetes is significantly more common amongst the elderly than the young.

The elderly are also prone to other high risk factors for Covid such as hypertension, obesity and heart disease.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

good research, thanks

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Diabetes is significantly more common amongst the elderly than the young.

The elderly are also prone to other high risk factors for Covid such as hypertension, obesity and heart disease.

If 16.5% of the US population is 65 and older...
and 25% of those (65 and older) have diabetes...
then 4% of the US population are 65+ yr. w/diabetes.

So...
If 9% of the US population has diabetes.
and 4% of the US population is 65+ with diabetes.

This leaves 5% of the US population UNDER 65 with diabetes.
edit on 18-7-2021 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The takeaway is that some of the best prevention against severe COVID is to be of healthy body weight.

While that alone does not prevent all diabetes, it guards against some as there is a genetic component too, but it also guards against hypertension and the development of some heart disease.

Where all the things mentioned do have genetic factors involved, eating right and staying active won't exacerbate whatever your personal genetics are. Why help out where you're already at a disadvantage?

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What percentage of death do diabetics make up in general, including contributing factors? This information not being on the typical advertising/news outlets selling covid fear and shots doesn't vibe with “EVERYONE JUST GET THE JAB ALREADY ITS NOT POLITICAL, also I won’t get the vax if trump is president.

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So says the American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay.

Quite alarming when we also consider that Diabetics make up less than 10% of the US population.

Dr. Gabbay says the risk of death is up to 12X higher for people with diabetes.

SOURCE: nypost.com...

If Dr. Gabbay is to be taken at his word...those with diabetes are definitely in the High Risk group for hospitalization and death as a result of getting the China Virus...along with the elderly suffering from other comorbidities.

If there is any positive news to these statistics...

If you DO NOT have diabetes, your already miniscule chances of dying from China Virus @ 00.1%...has just been substantially reduced.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket
What percentage of death do diabetics make up in general, including contributing factors? This information not being on the typical advertising/news outlets selling covid fear and shots doesn't vibe with “EVERYONE JUST GET THE JAB ALREADY ITS NOT POLITICAL, also I won’t get the vax if trump is president.

So says the American Diabetes Association’s chief scientific and medical officer, Dr. Robert Gabbay.

Quite alarming when we also consider that Diabetics make up less than 10% of the US population.

If Dr. Gabbay is to be taken at his word...those with diabetes are definitely in the High Risk group for hospitalization and death as a result of getting the China Virus...along with the elderly suffering from other comorbidities.

If you DO NOT have diabetes, your already miniscule chances of dying from China Virus @ 00.1%...has just been substantially reduced.

Diabetics make up 9% of the US population.
Diabetics 65+ make up 4% of the US population
Diabetics UNDER 65 make up 5% of the US population.

Diabetics make up 40-50% (ADA) of all US CV related deaths.

16.5% of the US population are 65+ (US census)...yet, they make up 80% of all US CV related deaths.
25% of those 65+ have diabetes.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

originally posted by: TXTriker

originally posted by: 1947boomer

Not necessarily. From Kaiser Health News, March 5, 2021:

"The risk of death from Covid-19 is about 10 times higher in countries where most of the population is overweight, according to a report released Wednesday by the World Obesity Federation. Researchers found that by the end of 2020, global Covid-19 death rates were more than 10 times higher in countries where more than half the adults are overweight, compared to countries where fewer than half are overweight. (Mascarenhas and Rahim, 3/5)"

khn.org...

Nearly 2/3 of the adult population in the US is considered overweight and nearly 45% are considered obese. Type 2 Diabetes is strongly linked to obesity. I think obesity is the primary risk factor and, of course, if you are obese you're much more likely to have Diabetes, as well. So then you have two risk factors.

This I have to question. Who decides what is classified as obese? Are they getting the info from the doctors that people see? If so, then the numbers cannot be trusted. My doctor listed me as Obese for 10 pounds overweight. If 10 pounds is considered obese then most countries in the world should be considered to have obese populations.

Obesity is usually defined as a condition of excess body fat that is large enough to cause health problems. Those problems include things like cardiovascular risks and diabetes. Obesity is measured by a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or greater. Your BMI is basically a number that compares your weight relative to your height. Here is an online BMI calculator where you can put in your own numbers:

www.cdc.gov...

If you are a small-framed individual, 10 pounds of excess weight could make you obese. If you are 6 foot 5, probably not.

Obesity is defined this way because it is simply an observational fact that a BMI of 30 or more puts you on track for higher disease risks.

Many of the developed nations of the world do have overweight/obese populations. It's simply a result of the fact that if you are economically well-off you can afford to buy much more food than you actually need.

Filled in my numbers says I am normal for weight range, I'm sure the Dr. got extra funds for "weight counseling" if labeled as obese. She filed a claim with insurance for a lot of stuff she didn't do. No I have not been back to her. Complaints unanswered. So if the CDC is using Dr. reports to track obesity I have no confidence in their numbers.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neobucket

Diabetics make up 9% of the US population.
Diabetics 65+ make up 4% of the US population
Diabetics UNDER 65 make up 5% of the US population.

Diabetics make up 40-50% (ADA) of all US CV related deaths.

16.5% of the US population are 65+ (US census)...yet, they make up 80% of all US CV related deaths.
25% of those 65+ have diabetes.

posted on Jul, 18 2021 @ 09:57 AM
link   

So the thread claims 50 percent of covide deaths are diabetic but CDC says 99.5 percent are unvaxed.

Does that mean that out of the 99.5 percent of unvaxed 50 percent who are currently dying are diabetic?

ETA: my wife has diabetes, was told by the doc to get the vax. Four months in and she feels fine. Not even a sore arm. I am sure this news is disappointing to all of you anti-vax folk who would have loved a different outcome.

Hope I didn't make you sad that my wife is healthy..

Care to post the actual total of deaths by state since we started vaccinations?

Nationally at its height, we were averaging 3202 deaths every 7 days on January 15th now it's 265 that every 7 days for the whole nation, ONLY Arizona California Florida Georgia Missouri, and Texas are over single-digit deaths for the 7 day period . California's leading total is 32. All 44 other states are single digit deaths per 7 days.
CA, Az and TX, all are being innudated with unvaxxed ‘asylum seekers’

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join