It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diabetics Make Up Nearly HALF of US China Virus Deaths--ADA

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: Havamal

originally posted by: marcopolo100

If so may Americans are sick unhealthy , fat, out of shape and marching to death, who can we blame?

Surely not ourselves?

My wife has diabetes. 5'2'' and 115 pounds. Not overweight. Fought some bad genes? Maybe. Both her dad and mom had it neither really heavy.

Me? 59, no probs yet 6'2'' and 185. Still run a bit and keep active.

Oldest son? Now in Marine reserves, 5'10 and 220. Still muscle, but have told him to watch it. He is 25 so it is still cool to be a muscle guy.

Young son, in the army now. Maxes his PT tests. 5'9'', 165. Has been able to outrun me since age 8. Build like a Greek statue.

None of us have big health problems. We just eat home cooked food, keep active, and love being outside.

Oh, we are all vaxed!

Long and healthy life!

So why are 2/3rds of American adults fat passed degenerates who are going to die and cost me money in the process?

Straight question, why would you be ok with your sons being vaccinated while very healthy? Thank you for pointing out that not all diabetics are overweight. Some Americans would look at it another way. Why are 2/3rds of Americans who took vaccine going to die and cost me money in the process? Just flipping it that's all. If your 8 year old son was out running you I suggest you type more than you run.

Sorry OP

All good

99.5 percent of Americans dying right now from covid are unvaxed , at a great cost to our health system

80% of all the people that die of COVID are 65 and older.

94% of all people that die of COVID have comorbidities.

Why do you hate science?

Let's keep those numbers up and add some to the mix:

80% of all the people that die of COVID are 65 and older.
16.5% of the US population is 65 and older.
25% of 65 and older have diabetes

94% of all people that die of COVID have comorbidities.
45% of those are diabetic
9% of the US population has diabetes as that comorbidity.

Within the above numbers is the overwhelming majority of China Virus deaths in the US.
I'm too drunk to do the math atm.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Good point. A diabetic has to work with their doctor to get things right. Medication sensitivity is critical.

My wife is not a typical diabetic. She is in good shape, within her weight range for a 20 year old woman (she is 56), and is very active. We walk, backpack, hunt in Montana on horse once a year, and are overall outdoor folks. We only eat fresh vegs, fruits and keep our meat servings down to under 4 oz a meal. Not health nuts, just common sense. Diet really helps.

However, it is very disturbing to see so many Americans that seem to be trying to get diabetes. Really, our country is 2/3ds obese? That takes a lot of time. 5 pound a year for years?

When i was a kid almost all of us were skinny. Few fat kids, and they got picked on. Now, it seems most Americans my age (59) are obese. I wonder how it happened to them over the years.

And many now admit they have diabetes due to weight, knee probkems, back and circulation problems (code word for some men when things don't work) that seem like they put upon themselves.

It is sad when my wife and I had to stop inviting friends on fishing trips because they were too fat to get off a dock and onto our boat without 3 people to help them, or when a couple we had known for years needed us to get a 4 wheeler to get them up to our cabin because they could not climb a slope.

Obesity is going to kill th US, and it is because some folks can't get up and enjoy real life. What are you doing in those chairs? Tv?

Just start doing something, rather than huffing and puffing around your last few years of life.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: IAMTAT

So, is it the diabetes that raises the risk or the meds used to treat the diabetes that cause the problems. Metformin can block the uptake of nutrients in some people, it gives them the runs after a period of time and depletes some minerals and vitamins in the body. That also could weaken a person and cause increased death in the infected people. I know at least a half dozen people who quit metformin for that reason and within like three weeks they were feeling decent again, a couple of months and they were back to normal.

They do not address the actual cause of the risk, only equate it to diabetics, and most people with doctor verified diabetes are on meds.

Wow yes, I have to second what Putnam said. Are drug interactions even talked about before the jab. Diabetic or anybody on meds.

Here we all (most of us legally) have an NHS number, when people ring to book the vaccine it can't be booked without that NHS number. Now they have these things quite often called "grab a jab", with this no NHS number required, how is that possible? On the one hand you have to have NHS number and have to be registered with a GP but on the other no NHS number and GP or not. How can they even look at drug interactions if you can just walk in get a jab no number and no GP?

Obviously the outcome of the above can be catastrophic whether Diabetic or not.

Slightly off topic and sorry OP. Somebody I know very closely works on the 119 vaccination booking system, hardly anybody is phoning now in UK, total of 900 calls just today, it was hitting over 10000 just a couple of months ago. Lines open 7am-11pm. People are now phoning complaining of having tested positive after double vaccinated.

She's not vaccinated and cries after her shift because she knows something is wrong, she just needs to work and earn money. So sad. Sorry to go off topic.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 10:59 PM
link   

If so may Americans are sick unhealthy , fat, out of shape and marching to death, who can we blame?

Surely not ourselves?

My wife has diabetes. 5'2'' and 115 pounds. Not overweight. Fought some bad genes? Maybe. Both her dad and mom had it neither really heavy.

Oldest son? Now in Marine reserves, 5'10 and 220. Still muscle, but have told him to watch it. He is 25 so it is still cool to be a muscle guy.

Young son, in the army now. Maxes his PT tests. 5'9'', 165. Has been able to outrun me since age 8. Build like a Greek statue.

None of us have big health problems. We just eat home cooked food, keep active, and love being outside.

Oh, we are all vaxed!

Long and healthy life!

So why are 2/3rds of American adults fat passed degenerates who are going to die and cost me money in the process?

Straight question, why would you be ok with your sons being vaccinated while very healthy? Thank you for pointing out that not all diabetics are overweight. Some Americans would look at it another way. Why are 2/3rds of Americans who took vaccine going to die and cost me money in the process? Just flipping it that's all. If your 8 year old son was out running you I suggest you type more than you run.

Sorry OP

All good

My sons are over 17. Adults don't need my ok to make medical choices.

I raised them to use logic and reason. They made their own choices.

You have no proof in your flip. Just a really awful wish on your part.

I know fat folks have serious heath problems. They get sick more often, and die painfully at a cost to society. There is no logic, reason or proof to your assertion that people vaxed present any risk to our heath care - quite the opposite.

99.5 percent of Americans dying right now from covid are unvaxed , at a great cost to our health system

It was no wish, just a flip. Any different to your comment on Americans costing you money? So back at you, was it a wish of yours? Or just flip flop?

Ghosts lol behave yourself lol. I think you in latter stages.

No one has much of a choice to getting a disease when breathing in air at the market as compared to allowing themselves to get more and more obese over decades, when they could just get up and walk around a bit for free.

For some Obesity is a disease, you think everybody eats junk food, you are so detached from reality. Yet you are happy for them to pay their taxes yet you don't want to pay for them. Who funds the Military your son's are enrolled with? Taxpayer including many that are both Diabetic and Obese.

I pay more in federal taxes per year than the average American household earns. Spare me your outrage. My sons stand on the wall that 99 percent of Americans choose to never walk.

Maybe rather than trying to disparage our military you might thank them for doing the things you could not.

As a vet, I find your comments very inappropriate. You don"t know my fine sons.

ETA:My sons earn their pay per a contract with the US Government. Seeing their promotion rate is higher than most of their peers, I believe they are meeting or exceeding military standards. I would advise you to try the military life, however, as a former officer I do not think I would personally recommend you.
edit on 17-7-2021 by Havamal because: (no reason given)

(post by marcopolo100 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
They also spell out that only 6% of those that have died were from Covid (or the common Flu) alone.... the other 94% had at least two co-morbidity factors.[

Blatant disinformation is what you are spreading here.

This is also blatant disinformation.
edit on 17-7-2021 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Diabetes is a very big problem here in Japan. Why... the diet has been changing over the last 40 years. There are a few things that may affect the body that leads to diabetes . Of course, on may also get with a proper diet too.

1. corn syrup ( white syrup is what is was called back in my days ) used now in soft drinks ( advice... limit the amount of soft drinks per month to your child... but good parents already know this
2. alcohol... what is puzzling about this is that the homeless who stay drunk about 18 hours a day, rarely are they diagnosed with diabetes. Weird, isn't it.
3. candies made with corn syrup ( this is a world - wide epidemic due to exports
4. oils used in making potato chips. nothing really can be done due to the fact they have to be made at a certain temperature in oils that really not good for you
5. your fries that you order at the fast food joints. ( people don't realize, but you can oven them or use the toast type grill in you oven when making homemade fries.

(post by marcopolo100 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

They also spell out that only 6% of those that have died were from Covid (or the common Flu) alone.... the other 94% had at least two co-morbidity factors.[

Just heard on the local news that "MonkeyPox" is a looming danger. One that really is deadly.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Many didn't know they were diabetic until after being hospitalized for Covid-19.

Many may not have been diabetic until they were hospitalized for Covid-19.

In 2005 i had a heart attack and bypass surgery.
They were giving me insulin for almost a week after the bypass surgery.
It was not till 2010 that my A1C went above 7 and i became a diabetic.

Many older people can become short term diabetics due to serious medical problems and need insulin for days or week while they recover.
This does not mean they are full-blown diabetics.

And don't say the doctors missed me becoming diabetic because my A1C has been tested every 6 months by the VA since 2000 because I have a family history of diabetes. Also, because I have a family history and am a trained EMT i tested my blood sugar once a month by finger stick up till 2010

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Just heard on the local news that "MonkeyPox" is a looming danger. One that really is deadly.

We have Murder Hornets in the Pacific North West.

Monkey Pox can just take a damned backseat.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

Many didn't know they were diabetic until after being hospitalized for Covid-19.

Many older people can become short term diabetics due to serious medical problems and need insulin for days or week while they recover.

And don't say the doctors missed me becoming diabetic because my A1C has been tested every 6 months by the VA since 2000 because I have a family history of diabetes. Also, because I have a family history and am a trained EMT i tested my blood sugar once a month by finger stick up till 2010

I'm so happy that you are here to talk about it

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We have Murder Hornets in the Pacific North West.

Monkey Pox can just take a damned backseat.

Hardly any bees or wasps that I've seen this year, saw first butterfly just today, did covid take them out or something? Did AM cast a spell? I hear so much about murder hornets, why they scary? They carry machetes or something?

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Good point. A diabetic has to work with their doctor to get things right. Medication sensitivity is critical.

My wife is not a typical diabetic. She is in good shape, within her weight range for a 20 year old woman (she is 56), and is very active. We walk, backpack, hunt in Montana on horse once a year, and are overall outdoor folks. We only eat fresh vegs, fruits and keep our meat servings down to under 4 oz a meal. Not health nuts, just common sense. Diet really helps.

However, it is very disturbing to see so many Americans that seem to be trying to get diabetes. Really, our country is 2/3ds obese? That takes a lot of time. 5 pound a year for years?

When i was a kid almost all of us were skinny. Few fat kids, and they got picked on. Now, it seems most Americans my age (59) are obese. I wonder how it happened to them over the years.

And many now admit they have diabetes due to weight, knee probkems, back and circulation problems (code word for some men when things don't work) that seem like they put upon themselves.

It is sad when my wife and I had to stop inviting friends on fishing trips because they were too fat to get off a dock and onto our boat without 3 people to help them, or when a couple we had known for years needed us to get a 4 wheeler to get them up to our cabin because they could not climb a slope.

Obesity is going to kill th US, and it is because some folks can't get up and enjoy real life. What are you doing in those chairs? Tv?

Just start doing something, rather than huffing and puffing around your last few years of life.

Not for this to wander anymore than it has, my friend but maybe if your primary concern is the physical and mental health then maybe locking down the country for months at a time might not have been the best course of action. I bet it made the situation much worse.

Let's not have an overly simplistic view of the obesity problem here in the US, there are dozens of variables from their environment, lack of knowledge of what to eat and not to eat, and body chemistry.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Surely not ourselves?

Oh, we are all vaxed!

Long and healthy life!

Sorry OP

All good

I know fat folks have serious heath problems. They get sick more often, and die painfully at a cost to society. There is no logic, reason or proof to your assertion that people vaxed present any risk to our heath care - quite the opposite.

It was no wish, just a flip. Any different to your comment on Americans costing you money? So back at you, was it a wish of yours? Or just flip flop?

No one has much of a choice to getting a disease when breathing in air at the market as compared to allowing themselves to get more and more obese over decades, when they could just get up and walk around a bit for free.

For some Obesity is a disease, you think everybody eats junk food, you are so detached from reality. Yet you are happy for them to pay their taxes yet you don't want to pay for them. Who funds the Military your son's are enrolled with? Taxpayer including many that are both Diabetic and Obese.

I pay more in federal taxes per year than the average American household earns. Spare me your outrage. My sons stand on the wall that 99 percent of Americans choose to never walk.

Maybe rather than trying to disparage our military you might thank them for doing the things you could not.

ETA:My sons earn their pay per a contract with the US Government. Seeing their promotion rate is higher than most of their peers, I believe they are meeting or exceeding military standards. I would advise you to try the military life, however, as a former officer I do not think I would personally recommend you.

Really John Rambo can you not read, I'm not in the US. I really don't need your recommendation. I hope your sons do better than you.

So on topic are you Diabetic? or Psycopathic?

Thanks for the benediction on my sons. They are already on track to do better than me, at least monetarily. I have set up a trust for both that will provide them and their children with funds for many years.

In addition, they will inherit my gas royalty payments for my properties in PA and MT. They will also inherit a trust worth 7 figures. At the conclusion of my life and my wife, I expect that they will be pleased with what we were able to proved them with.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Not for this to wander anymore than it has, my friend but maybe if your primary concern is the physical and mental health then maybe locking down the country for months at a time might not have been the best course of action. I bet it made the situation much worse.

Let's not have an overly simplistic view of the obesity problem here in the US, there are dozens of variables from their environment, lack of knowledge of what to eat and not to eat, and body chemistry.

Agreed. I have many loved ones who are obese. I hate to see them die from this.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

Great point, I started monitoring my blood sugar for 3 months once I saw its effects now I eat better and feel better. At least when I realized exactly what was causing it, it was much much easier to eat accordingly.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Surely not ourselves?

Oh, we are all vaxed!

Long and healthy life!

Sorry OP

All good

Really John Rambo can you not read, I'm not in the US. I really don't need your recommendation. I hope your sons do better than you.

So on topic are you Diabetic? or Psycopathic?

Thanks for the benediction on my sons. They are already on track to do better than me, at least monetarily. I have set up a trust for both that will provide them and their children with funds for many years.

In addition, they will inherit my gas royalty payments for my properties in PA and MT. They will also inherit a trust worth 7 figures. At the conclusion of my life and my wife, I expect that they will be pleased with what we were able to proved them with.

I'm happy for your sons I really am. Let's just hope we don't all get locked down and locked out before that. Stay safe and yours and thank you for the conversation.

posted on Jul, 17 2021 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Agreed. I have many loved ones who are obese. I hate to see them die from this.

So do I, but who knows for some it had to be the impetus to get in better shape. As fat and obese as we are exercising and eating right has certainly been on the increase, as well as the practice of reading labels while shopping.

Not to mention help those you know, it doesn't take much to turn it around. Watch your sodium and sugar intake, don't eat after 8:00 pm if you are on a regular schedule, and drink plenty of water.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join