It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Canadian bacon so freaking tasteless

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
We are net exporters of food to the tune of $19B per year. I think we'd do fine without your crappy pork rejects.

Two things.

First, I'm thinking that roughly $18.99999B of that is maple syrup. Second, if that's in Canadian bucks your exports are like tree fiddy 'Murican.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I guess, I never really look at the per capita numbers because exports confuse it so much, especially when it comes to being an ingredient in something else, which is then exported.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: joejack1949

Okay, well maybe "starve to 'death'" was a bit of a stretch, but "starve to 'grumpy" probably isn't!

Oh wait!....

🤣

BTW - How are all those Canadian oranges, grapefruits, pineapples and banana's coming along???? How's your cotton crop this year???

edit on 7/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You are correct. The last $10,000 in exports is the sum of our oil, gold, aluminum, pork, wheat, lentils, snow crab, cod, and hockey sticks. Amazing how the entire Canadian GDP is equivalent to the change found in an average american's couch. I retired when I found an american quarter.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I just bought a 100% made in Canada hockey stick that I will use to apply blue line slapshots to the cod I also imported.

You should now be able to buy a Canadian Ferrari to enjoy in your retirement with all the money I just sent you people.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Now, you'd get no argument from me on the subject of gold. I think Canada is one of the largest gold producers in the World, if not the largest. Probably aluminum too (well, bauxite)

ETA - Though Russia is way up there in the gold production numbers too.

edit on 7/6/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I'm still not convinced that Canada is real. It's like Narnia, Atlantis, or Cleveland, OH.

People like to talk about these places but no one have ever been there.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Wait!...I just bought some property in Narnia, thinking of retiring there, and now you're telling me it's not real???

That Canadian dude behind Tim Horton's swore up and down it was real! Damn him!

WTH???

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Wait!...I just bought some property in Narnia, thinking of retiring there, and now you're telling me it's not real???

That Canadian dude behind Tim Horton's swore up and down it was real! Damn him!

WTH???

People confuse the mythical "Canada" with Unincorporated Upper Montana.

It happens all the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

That, and rural Eastern Alaska!

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I'm still not convinced that Canada is real. It's like Narnia, Atlantis, or Cleveland, OH.

People like to talk about these places but no one have ever been there.

I have personally been to Cleveland which was a wake up call for me that I better get my life together since I found out that I could not deal with spending eternity in Hell.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Unfortunately we don't make Ferraris here, and the CAD/Euro exchange is even worse than CAD/USD. I'll have to settle for the fanciest car we make: the Chrysler 300.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949
Unfortunately we don't make Ferraris here, and the CAD/Euro exchange is even worse than CAD/USD. I'll have to settle for the fanciest car we make: the Chrysler 300.

Just get a snow machine.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I have been in Cleveland,Ohio and it does exist.I think
they have a WW2 submarine there,the U.S.S.Cod.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Pork Roll >>>>>

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
Hey you guy up north, can't you raise pigs at least taste good from the bacon side of life. Seriously, your pork from Canada is tasteless.

Not sure what Canada you are getting your bacon from, but not only is Canada's bacon the best I've ever eaten/tasted, but it also free from the toxins that the US uses in it's swine.

I live minutes from the boarder, and will actually make special trips just for thick cuts of authentic Canadian bacon.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Canadian bacon is tasteless and US bacon is mostly fat. Absolute garbage compared to European bacon.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I've not tried their bacon. But I feel the same way about Canadian cinema.

Your maple syrup is awesome though peeps.

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Down our way in PA they have what's called " Hillbilly bacon" I think its like canadian bacon but seems cheaper than regular bacon. Its thicker and widerlike canadian bacon but not ham. It might be a pork belly. I got a sandwich of that at a Rutter's convenience store. Porkbelly BLT. Good stuff. Anybody know what it is exactly? Answered my own question and it was something I knew but forgot. It's back bacon. I guess they use a different name. Back bacon and beer. Bob and Doug Mackenzie.
edit on 7-7-2021 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2021 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2021 @ 05:16 AM
link   
You really shouldn't be eating any pork product unless you know the animal has been raised organically.

I'm not a hippy.

Test the meats side by side - you'll never buy rubbish again.

Nasty pigs, full of medication, covered in boils, cysts, tumors, fed on utter crap. Nobody needs to put that into their body.

And then there are the preservatives... You think it's fat giving you a heart attack?

edit on 7-7-2021 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join