It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Canadian bacon so freaking tasteless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MykeNukem

Whatever it is, it's not as good.

Part of the magic of bacon is the fat you get from it. And your stuff is made from lean meat which, by definition, lacks the fat. The fat is where much of the flavor is packed and that fat when rendered out spreads the magic through a dish. Give yourself lean bacon and you lose that fat.

I completely agree.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: musicismagic
Hey you guy up north, can't you raise pigs at least taste good from the bacon side of life. Seriously, your pork from Canada is tasteless.

As tasteless as their hockey teams of late.
Both stink.

Hockey.

Another thing we invented.

Another thing stolen and perfected by others.
Lol
You still have justin beiber.

Lmao.

Celine Dion is ze bez zinger in ze ole worle.

Just ask her...

"Deez zong is for da parenz...and alzo...de chidrenz..."

edit on 7/5/2021 by MykeNukem because: eh?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: musicismagic

As an internet expert on Canada and bacon, please let me explain.

Canadian pigs (spelled piugs) are fed a strict diet of poutine and maple syrup. Maple is also spelled "Mauple" in Canada.

While American pigs, also known as Freedom pigs are fed a diet of freedom and beer.

This is the most researched and scientific information about Canadian Bacon in this thread.

“Canadian Bacon” used to be DB's stage name.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Hockey.

Not exactly. You can go back into the late 1800's and we were playing a form of Hockey here in the U.S. in all those really cold and nasty places up north and i the Midwest. Boston, Minneapolis, Detroit, Chicago and any number of other places in the cold weather.

So all these teams were playing each other, all over the place but there were no standardized rules. That took a while but got sorted out eventually thus leading to the formation of the NHL. I did just re read the article about this in the big book of Hockey but that was a few months ago so I forget how long it took to for the NHL but they did get around to that in 1920.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Hockey.

Not exactly. You can go back into the late 1800's and we were playing a form of Hockey here in the U.S. in all those really cold and nasty places up north and i the Midwest. Boston, Minneapolis, Detroit, Chicago and any number of other places in the cold weather.

So all these teams were playing each other, all over the place but there were no standardized rules. That took a while but got sorted out eventually thus leading to the formation of the NHL. I did just re read the article about this in the big book of Hockey but that was a few months ago so I forget how long it took to for the NHL but they did get around to that in 1920.

Lol, that was tongue in cheek.

However:

"The first organized and recorded game of ice hockey was played indoors in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, on March 3, 1875, and featured several McGill University students."

However, again, it's been played in some form of another since the 12 Century according to the article.

DIO ftw.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: joejack1949

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: joejack1949

The American versions are no more #ty than the #ty Canadian versions!

I'm going to disagree.

"Canadian Bacon" aka peameal bacon

Americans seem to think that round slices of processed ham is Canadian bacon. We have pork belly too, or streaky bacon, or just bacon.

Tell ya' what...Canadians somehow seem to think their #it don't stink, and you know what...it does...just like everyone else's!!

Canada would starve to death if it wasn't for #ity American pork and beef products! So, before you get all proud and start thumping your hockey chest pads while singin'.... Ohhhh Can-a-daaa!..." (a song which, incidentally, I happen to love), I think you might take a second look at what America provides for, and to, Canada!!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I'm going to disagree.

Americans seem to think that round slices of processed ham is Canadian bacon. We have pork belly too, or streaky bacon, or just bacon.

Tell ya' what...Canadians somehow seem to think their #it don't stink, and you know what...it does...just like everyone else's!!

Canada would starve to death if it wasn't for #ity American pork and beef products! So, before you get all proud and start thumping your hockey chest pads while singin'.... Ohhhh Can-a-daaa!..." (a song which, incidentally, I happen to love), I think you might take a second look at what America provides for, and to, Canada!!

FCD, what TF are you talking about?

We have more land mass and 1/10th the people with the same resources.

I think we'd be fine.

Ever hear of Alberta? We have a little beef and oil as well....more than you actually...

Lol.

You're right about our # stinking though. Everyone's does bro...

edit on 7/5/2021 by MykeNukem because: sp.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Damn... whats with the hostility...

Its really the other way around... most of your Petrol products including what runs your Ve hickles comes from Canada... without which you'd be relying on the middle east... but i suppose you'd just invade again to fix that

And American beef and pork is sub par... at least once it gets here.

But you do have some Nifty snacks that you send over here... I'd give ya that

Pretty sure IF we closed all trade and the boarders you'd struggle a lot more then we would

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

LOL!!! I'd struggle?????

I RAISE beef cattle, dude!!! How in the hell could you ever imagine I would struggle?????? That's about the funniest thing I've read in a couple weeks!!

I'm a SUPPLIER, not a CONSUMER!! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!! (Well, I do consume, but not nearly as much as we supply!)

Dude...Canada produced 1.15 million tons of beef last year. The United States produces 11.7 million tons, fully 10X as much as Canada!!

Really, dude..STOP with the false bravado!

Canadian beef is a distant 4th or 5th to the USA! In fact, Argentina probably produces more beef than Canada!

ETA - Pork production stats for the USA would stagger production stats from Canada!! I can research the numbers if you like, but it's a LOT more than the amount Canada harvests!! No where even close!!

Your wheat production is massive, but on a tons per acre comparison...not even close. Corn? Nowhere even close! What else ya got??? Rice maybe?

C'mon man!!

ETA 2 - In 2019 Canada produced 2.17 million tons of pork. The USA produced 14 million tons of pork! LOLOL!!! DOH!!!

Yeah, you guys in Canada are just blowing us away!!!! LOL!!! /sarcasm

Game, set and MATCH!!

Oh, and don't EVEN get me started on oil!!! You guys would be riding bicycles if it wasn't for the USA when it comes to oil! Yeah, we've got a couple pipelines coming across your land, but if you even remotely think those oil sands will sustain you, you'd be sorely wrong!!

edit on 7/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Dude, normally you're a pretty stand-up guy, but that last post was WAY OFF the reservation!!!

Seriously!

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The canadian bacon will be pretty good in Montreal tomorrow morning.

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I'm going to disagree.

I think we'd be fine.

I hope so. I actually like Canada, but my biggest beef is some of the cocksure attitudes sometimes.

Ever hear of Alberta? We have a little beef and oil as well....more than you actually...

Lol.

No. Ever hear of Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa, or Kansas???? How about Florida? You might look into that. You might be surprised. Canada is not even close! Texas alone would probably dwarf Canadian beef production, and that's 1/50th of the USA!

At least we agree on something! LOL!

edit on 7/5/2021 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Did somebody say bacon?

posted on Jul, 5 2021 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

We did..."Canadian" Bacon!

**grin**

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm going to disagree.

Tell ya' what...Canadians somehow seem to think their #it don't stink,

I didn't know you were a Canadian.

🤣

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Dude, normally you're a pretty stand-up guy, but that last post was WAY OFF the reservation!!!

Seriously!

bleh... had a few too many last night

Woke up pissy...

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Using your figures the United States produces slightly more beef but less pork than Canada on a per capita.

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm going to disagree.

I think we'd be fine.

I hope so. I actually like Canada, but my biggest beef is some of the cocksure attitudes sometimes.

Lol.

No. Ever hear of Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Wyoming, Iowa, or Kansas???? How about Florida? You might look into that. You might be surprised. Canada is not even close! Texas alone would probably dwarf Canadian beef production, and that's 1/50th of the USA!

At least we agree on something! LOL!

Canada produces roughly 2-3% of the world's beef.

United States produces roughly 20%.

Per Capita we are virtually identical.

Can't argue with the math.

Oh, and, no, I've never heard of any of those places...is that Australia or something?

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

I'm going to disagree.

Tell ya' what...Canadians somehow seem to think their #it don't stink,

I didn't know you were a Canadian.

🤣

posted on Jul, 6 2021 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Canada would starve to death if it wasn't for #ity American pork and beef products!

We are net exporters of food to the tune of $19B per year. I think we'd do fine without your crappy pork rejects.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join