It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more Popeye's Chicken for White People in St. Charles, MO.......NOOOOOO!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So my wife pulled this story up and I immediately called BS on it being 'real' outside of it happening. (AKA Popeye's could not/would not do this) BUT whether it is real or a prank it is a disturbing thought....

Popeye's to Refuse Service to White People

Where will I get my delicious chicken and beans & rice?????? Will I never yet again enjoy the spicy chicken sandwich, the overly salty biscuits?????

Again while I do not believe this is real, the implications of it are still terrifying...... Popeye's is just good chicken.

+17 more 
posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mikemp44

Critical Race Theory is all about teaching people how to become racists.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Absolutely right, but CRT has no place in chicken...or America...

Do you think they only use COC (chickens of color) to make their food? I wonder.....

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It's a good thing this is a prank,if it were true my husband
would almost starve without his chicken sandwich fix.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I can completely relate, I cannot imagine living the rest of my life without that sandwich.... it is completely unique regardless of what others say.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Your link won't work in UK, however police are investigating a possible crime, not applicable to the franchise.

www.unilad.co.uk...

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The sign looked official and with the big push by liberals to bring back segregation, I wouldn’t doubt this Popeyes management thought they could get away with it. Remember they tell you all the time you can’t be racist to white people. But if it is from the store management, it’s just this store and not Popeyes as a whole. It could also be a clever prank, but who knows.
edit on 30-5-2021 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

"What it does is, it incites more hate," said a woman named Karen, who also asked to withhold her last name.

LOL, I know it's not funny, but damn, this was funny.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Last Popeye’s I had the red beans were a dried up crusty mess that was glopped onto the rice (that had also dehydrated back to crunchy rice....never ate at another one again. That was 7-8 years ago.

Went in around 2pm so after the lunch rush, but well before the sides would have looked like that.

edit on 30-5-2021 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So it's finally come to this if I wish to have some chicken?

edit on 30-5-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The last Popeye's I went to was in Vogelweh, next to the bowling alley in 2013.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

That's kinda funny because my dad used to live in Lake St. Louis and I had to stay with him during the summers growing up. I honestly don't recall any black people there, everyone was white with money. Either times have really changed, or they want that Popeyes to go out of business.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Meh. I don't much care for fried fast food chicken anyways so it doesn't bother me. They don't have to serve my white ass.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Being Canadian, and my local, we have kfc only for chicken franchises.
I am intrigued about this delicious chicken sandwich you speak of.
Please tell me more.
What is its name so I can Google it. Lol

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

They should probably just change the name completely since historically the chain is associated with the cartoon Popeye, which was a cast of all white characters except "The Jeep" to the best of my recollection. And if they are being completely serious about this they should stop sponsoring NASCAR. Doubt this is serious however.
edit on 30-5-2021 by drewlander because: :-p

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This actually reminds me of the "Pool's Closed" ranks done by people from 4chan.

knowyourmeme.com...

It was a stupid meme that got created because they organized a bunch of people to harass people using an online chatting service named Habbo. The main character design they used to harass people was a black man with an afro wearing a suit. It got so popular that people would dress up as that character in real life and be silly wherever they went.

The reason I mention this is because people would print out signs with the mascot and leave them around their neighborhoods. One incident in Texas really upset a woman, who claimed it was racial discrimination, rather than just a silly joke.

edit on 30-5-2021 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

Baaahhh!!! This particular link is being a pain, here's the full thing: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Is it OK for white people to riot and burn down that Popeyes franchise? If not, please explain why.

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The implications are terrifying? What are you talking about? I live on the US/MExican border, there are many restaurants that refuse service to Anglos (Gringos). Whats the big deal/?

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hahaha !!!!!

I love it when someone takes all this racist stupidity and put together a good prank !!!

If there is a real guy called Mason working in that restaurant, he won't think is funny.

... but I do !

posted on May, 30 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   

There is a lot of race BS being peddled , but why are you outraged someone pulled a prank? This is my problem with internet and social media, one idiot pulls a prank in a random town somewhere in the world and it is in the news and people are outraged.
i don't care what happens to a random person in a random town somewhere on this planet. We need to get back to only being concerned with what locally affects us

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join