It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres a Whopper Women Belong in the Kitchen’ Tweet by The UK Burger King!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
...men like to do things..

Yeah, like math, science, earning money and killing spiders.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: rickymouse
Women don't belong in the kitchen anymore, they have been conditioned to take a great roast that costs thirteen dollars and add a bunch of unnatural procedures and additives that cost twenty five dollars to make it taste way too yucky.

Curious what these 'procedures and additives' are and who conditioned them to do this.

I blame cooking shows on TV.
I don't need rosemary and that sort of lalligag on a roast of beef. Salt is all that is required.
Spices came into use in the old days to cover the stench of old rotten meat.
I want to taste the beef, not spices.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I don't need rosemary and that sort of lalligag on a roast of beef. Salt is all that is required.

It really all depends on what you're preparing, some dishes require a certain amount of herbs/spices otherwise they are bland as hell.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It really all depends on what you're preparing, some dishes require a certain amount of herbs/spices otherwise they are bland as hell.

I was speaking specifically of beef. I use spices of course. I bathe my eggs in hot sauce at breakfast time. I even put it on my pancakes.
I know a guy that put Tabasco on his girlfriends... marital aid. I would advise against using spices in that case. He wanted her gone, but it cost him.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

There's beef dishes I'll use herbs with like sous vide filet. It gets seared/basted with garlic, shallot, thyme and rosemary butter prior to serving. You still taste the beef but it's enhanced by the other ingredients.

edit on 10-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

aye exactly we like to do things

maybe we are just so busy doing things and getting on with doing things we dont stop to question , hey why arent more women doing the things we like to do

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

maybe we are just so busy doing things and getting on with doing things we dont stop to question , hey why arent more women doing the things we like to do

Well, with the examples I gave, math, science, earning money and killing spiders, it comes down to male brains are superior and we aren't afraid of spiders.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There's beef dishes I'll use herbs with like sous vide filet. It gets seared/basted with garlic, shallot, thyme and rosemary butter prior to serving. You still taste the beef but it's enhanced by the other ingredients.

Ugggh. And people complain about ketchup on a steak.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I suppose I could just char the outside into oblivion like they do in Pittsburgh.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Well, with the examples I gave, math, science, earning money and killing spiders, it comes down to male brains are superior and we aren't afraid of spiders.

Changed my mind.
edit on 10-3-2021 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I suppose I could just char the outside into oblivion like they do in Pittsburgh.

I like mine browned on the outside and raw in the center.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Unless it's a very particular type of beef I go with medium rare.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Unless it's a very particular type of beef I go with medium rare.

Mostly I eat 15/16 Charolais/Hereford. Grain fed.... not finished, fed grain as soon as they are off the milk replacer. You can't buy it in the meat section of the grocery store though.
edit on b000000312021-03-10T12:00:39-06:0012America/ChicagoWed, 10 Mar 2021 12:00:39 -06001200000021 by butcherguy because: Had a typo.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I'm hooked on the Piedmontese beef I grab at my game purveyor, they import cuts of Chianina cattle from Italy so the stuff is stupid good.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think it was the exact opposite. This was contrived by a huge marketing firm to illicit the exact responses that have occurred. A mega-corp like Restaurant Brands Inc. isn't going to just slap together a campaign, these things get run past countless layers.

I was considering this as well -- i.e., that they really were going with the positive message (that women need to be better represented in the culinary arts and as the head chefs in the restaurant industry), but they intentionally led with the insensitive tweet in order to get publicity out of it.

Heck, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that it was a Burger King plant who first called out the tweet as insensitive.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
So women should not be chefs? They are, btw, only about 20% of professional chefs.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Heck, I wouldn't be shocked to learn that it was a Burger King plant who first called out the tweet as insensitive.

Now that you mention it I wouldn't doubt this at all and I bet that's what happened.

It's all about reactions. They got what they wanted.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So women should not be chefs? They are, btw, only about 20% of professional chefs.

All the chefs I knew like to get wasted.

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:35 PM
link   

A little kosher salt and pepper, sear both sides it in a VERY HOT oiled pan (cast iron works well for this; it can stand up to the most extreme stovetop heat. Also, use a high-heat oil. Olive oil is not high-heat). Sear each side 3-4 minutes per inch thickness of steak to get a crisp, caramelized exterior. This will give you a medium rare steak. If you want more doneness, finish it in the oven for a few minute.

Whether you finished it in the oven or not, it needs to rest after it's removed from the heat. Cover it with foil or a pan lid and rest it for 5 minutes or so (add a pat of butter to the top if you want). Resting will relieve the pressure inside, otherwise the juices will be more apt to force their way out when you cut it without resting first.

edit on 3/10/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Former culinary school attendee and restaurateur/chef.

But thanks regardless. People should cook more.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join