It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres a Whopper Women Belong in the Kitchen’ Tweet by The UK Burger King!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Waterglass

Women belong wherever they want to be.

As long as they make the sammiches first.

Very brave.....although i must add the way SOME women behave or at least in my experience - the "kitchen" would be the very last place they'd belong.

Yeah,because the kitchen is where all the pointy-tipped items are kept! Don't forget
the frying pans and rolling pins as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

originally posted by: network dude

Women belong wherever they want to be.

As long as they make the sammiches first.

Very brave.....although i must add the way SOME women behave or at least in my experience - the "kitchen" would be the very last place they'd belong.

Yeah,because the kitchen is where all the pointy-tipped items are kept! Don't forget
the frying pans and rolling pins as well.

Mmmm...just give me a women who really knows how to wield a spatula.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
HOOTERS just advertised for flat-chested women to work in the kitchen.

Well,I am too old and fat for Hooters,I wouldn't fit in.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:47 AM
link   

BK has had me suspicious with their recent commercial about 'grabbing the kings buns'. And another where the employees are shooting cash at him from some device. It's like they are whoring him out all prostitute like.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

PSSSSST...I don't really like Burger King,but I will take the job if offered.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have spent most of my adult life cooking in a bar or restaurant.
I do know how to wield a spatula and how to coat a thin layer of
chocolate syrup under one as well.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

We need to take a survey; Do you think the Burger King message is old and stale?

I usually don't care about members of the British Royal Family, but this guy seems to have a good head on his shoulders and he's a snappy dresser. I like him a lot better than Prince Andrew.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Cracker Barrel has no comment.

Second.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Women don't belong in the kitchen anymore, they have been conditioned to take a great roast that costs thirteen dollars and add a bunch of unnatural procedures and additives that cost twenty five dollars to make it taste way too yucky. If they cook it us guys are supposed to say it is great....they actually don't like it but since we said it was great, that thirty eight buck roasted dish is now served every time you have a roast and they just eat a little of it and we have to eat most of it then get sick and die early. I think it is a conspiracy to get rid of your spouse ladies. Us guys have to be more honest about how something tastes, screw not getting screwed that night, it will extend your lifespan.

I used to be one of those guys who always praised what the wife made. One day we started talking about the things we didn't really like, being honest. We found out that we were both eating foods we actually disliked because we both thought the other person liked it because we said we did. Talk about truthfullness being relevant, most of the stuff we both really didn't like cost way more than what we actually liked and we wound up throwing away all the leftovers because we avoided eating it. Be honest with each other and this will not happen. It took until we were both in our sixties to get honest with each other, thirty years of marriage before we had the confidence to tell the truth and we discovered we were doing things to please each other which made both of us miserable. Now, we have money because we are not wasting it all trying to please one another with things that the other really does not like.

What I am talking about breaks up many relationships in this country.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:32 PM
link   
In the kitchen
Barefoot
Pregnant
And in heat
Now get me a beer, woman

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Women don't belong in the kitchen anymore, they have been conditioned to take a great roast that costs thirteen dollars and add a bunch of unnatural procedures and additives that cost twenty five dollars to make it taste way too yucky.

Curious what these 'procedures and additives' are and who conditioned them to do this.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If women were back in the kitchen and cooking proper meals for their families then perhaps we could dispense with crappy food like Burger King.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 03:05 PM
link   

twitter.com...

@thetomska
"The funniest thing about the Burger King "tweet" is that it clearly wasn't just a tweet. This was a whole international campaign that the UK timezone just got first. They can decide against tweeting it from the US account but they couldn't pull the New York Times ad fast enough."

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
If women were back in the kitchen and cooking proper meals for their families then perhaps we could dispense with crappy food like Burger King.

Should we keep them chained to the kitchen to bring about the downfall of burger chains - and presumably prevent them from taking up the opportunity for training that Burger King is offering to the millions of over-worked and underpaid women out there who still go home and cook proper meals for their families?

Perhaps if more women were employed as Head Chefs in Burger Kings it wouldn't be such crappy food? Is the food crappy because all the chefs are men? Is that why women have to cook in the home, because men can only produce crappy food?

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:38 AM
link   
And barefoot

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Burger King's point was to raise awareness that more women should be accepted into the male-dominated world of culinary arts. They were trying to say women belong as the chef of a commercial kitchen as much as men do.

However. they're cutesy way of delivering the message in a "pun" of sorts was not very well thought-out.

The full series of tweets, when taken as a whole, went like this:

"Women belong in the kitchen. If they want to, of course. Yet only 20% of chefs are women. We're on a mission to change the gender ratio in the restaurant industry by empowering female employees with the opportunity to pursue a culinary career."

Although Burger King should have realized that the first tweet sounds insensitive. Plus, they shuld have anticipated that in this world many people would read just the first tweet and react to it without reading the rest of them.

edit on 3/10/2021 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think it was the exact opposite. This was contrived by a huge marketing firm to illicit the exact responses that have occurred. A mega-corp like Restaurant Brands Inc. isn't going to just slap together a campaign, these things get run past countless layers.

edit on 10-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 07:31 AM
link   
dbl

edit on 10-3-2021 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:33 AM
link   

could you share that recipe sounds good

posted on Mar, 10 2021 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I dont get this whole male dominated thing , men like to do things , thats why we are doing things everywhere and in everything , its not like we are doing it to say hey women # you this is our thing you cant have it
its because we like to take action and do things

most physical labor jobs and activities are male dominated because males enjoy physical work , why is there no immediate rush to fill these roles with females
Also a reason men probably cook more than women is because being able to cook and provide sustenance is a pretty good way to attract a mate

its all a bit silly , who #in cares if men like to spend more time cooking and it destroys the stereotype that women belong in the kitchen

the world is #in mental

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join