It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heres a Whopper Women Belong in the Kitchen’ Tweet by The UK Burger King!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:20 AM
link   
For the record I am aghast at the veiled attack on USA women by all the so call social justice minorities who claim be all you can be depending how you wake up in the morning. Then you have the infiltration of "conversions" into female sports. Sorry but a natural born man is a natural born man the same goes for a women. Yes there is unbalanced testosterone levels and hormones but nature is nature and we are part of it as descendants. That's my view and opinion. I also support women in anything they want to do. However I do not support radicalized women such as many in Congress on both sides of the aisle.

Burger King gets grilled for ‘women belong in the kitchen’ tweet

I always wondered about the creepy side of the clown show in the world of burgers; especially Ronald McDonald and the Burger King himself. Ronald has been appropriately retired but with the roll out of the "New World Order" the Burger King along with his Whopper have taken center stage in the UK. Is the Burger King himself have some sort of subliminal message about the you know what supremacy? I mean the commercial in bed with his Whopper was enough for me.

So now it appears that hes got a wee bit frisky and is on a roll. His hidden secret has finally come out from the Burger King closet?

"Women Belong in the Kitchen"

Burger King U.K. has apologized for a tone-deaf attempt at honouring International Women’s Day on Twitter, after the company started a thread of messages with a seemingly misogynist statement about women. “Women belong in the kitchen,” the verified @BurgerKingUK account tweeted on Monday morning, in a statement that instantly triggered fury and a tide of sexist remarks.

Now I get the "special sauce" stuff.

I hope the Burger King gets on the grill and goes up in flames.

Some celebrated the tweet in misogynist terms while complaining about cancel culture. Many others labelled it a whopper of a misstep on International Women’s Day, and one that could have easily been avoided. “This could have even fit in one tweet,” one user wrote, along with a screenshot of the message in a Twitter draft page. The message does indeed fit within Twitter’s character limit.

Burger King UK under fire for tweeting 'Women belong in the kitchen' on International Women's Day

We need to take a survey; Do you think the Burger King message is old and stale?

edit on 9-3-2021 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 9-3-2021 by Waterglass because: ?

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Burger King = Totally Not Wrong

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

edit on 9-3-2021 by Waterglass because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Children belong in the kitchen.

Learn to cook and quit eating that garbage.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

It seems that the intended message was "Women belong in OUR kitchens to break the male monopoly on our staff".
That is, they intend to offer "scholarships".

It's a well-establised prose device- start with a provocative-sounding statement to grab the attention, then explain it as meaning something different.
Unfortunately this approach assumes that people are going to read the whole paragraph first. Apparently this is no longer true. The public will no longer read paragraphs, any more than they will listen to speeches longer than a sound-bite. They have taken to reacting to each word instantly, as it is read or heard.

Nothing wrong with the intended message, apart from being too complicated to be grasped by a generation who can only understand things one sentence at a time.

edit on 9-3-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-3-2021 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:49 AM
link   

as buger king uk, said it was a play on words, in other words a joke , a attention getter, to promote their scholarship for women who want to pursue a career in the culinary arts.

blank everybody that can't take a joke. grow up and and stop being offended at everything that doesn't fit the social agenda the world is pushing.

ETA: it's not like they said barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

edit on 9-3-2021 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Women belong wherever they want to be.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Being woke ain't easy; just ask Burger King's PR department.

The problem with academic concentrations in Gender Studies and Critical Race Studies is, you learn to develop all of these outstanding woke ideas in your noggin. Your head is filled to the eyeballs with new and innovative ways to stick it to the White Male Patriarchy.

But if you don't got no way to articulate alls dem good ideas, tha words come out wrong, like dis.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SleeperHasAwakened
Being woke ain't easy; just ask Burger King's PR department.

The problem with academic concentrations in Gender Studies and Critical Race Studies is, you learn to develop all of these outstanding woke ideas in your noggin. Your head is filled to the eyeballs with new and innovative ways to stick it to the White Male Patriarchy.

But if you don't got no way to articulate alls dem good ideas, tha words come out wrong, like dis.

Which is exactly why actions speak louder than words.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think the PR department forgot how much baggage comes with that statement.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   
They forgot to add "chained to the sink".

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I love to cook. I also make my own pizza and spaghetti sauce from an "old country" family recipe dating back to the 1840's that was handed down.

I cook the pizza on an outdoor natural gas fired grill as it can get up to 550 degrees. It will cook a large pizza in just over 11 minutes. Lately I haven't been making my own dough. I am buying the dough balls from Publix.

My wife makes killer noodles Alfredo with pieces crab or lobster.

We eat great as most of what we eat is natural. We are not overweight. I never eat at BK. I eat at McDonalds about once a month. My wife wont touch either.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

As long as they make the sammiches first.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Feminism means getting women into areas that they are under represented. So long as they are clean, professional and white collar.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

So the gaslighted to make a commercial? That's a great comeback but it appears that they had the entire thing already thought out in advance.

I still say as long as the Burger King is around its meant to send a subliminal message. I can hear Anderson Cooper giggling right know.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:09 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

This was an advertising campaign.
I guarantee you it was focus group tested 'ad nauseum'...to the point where this response to it was completely predicted and expected before it's release...and, because it still went forward, this attention and outcome was desired.

End result...more people are seeing and talking about it.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

as buger king uk, said it was a play on words, in other words a joke , a attention getter, to promote their scholarship for women who want to pursue a career in the culinary arts.

blank everybody that can't take a joke. grow up and and stop being offended at everything that doesn't fit the social agenda the world is pushing.

ETA: it's not like they said barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

In this day and age, it was a stupid decision to send that Tweet. Anyone could have easily expected the response that the Tweet received.
They could have sent a Tweet that got the right message across without causing a S##tstorm for themselves.
Someone got paid to write that Tweet, overpaid, I dare say.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CthruU

As long as they make the sammiches first.

Very brave.....although i must add the way SOME women behave or at least in my experience - the "kitchen" would be the very last place they'd belong.

posted on Mar, 9 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Feminism means getting women into areas that they are under represented. So long as they are clean, professional and white collar.

And don't shave their armpits. 😂

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join