It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That host is the conspiracy theorist.

He needs to stay home. He's the one with the issue.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Look at it this way, Gov lifts mask mandate.

However, as before, it'll be up to the businesses on that issue.

I think the fallout would see restaurants benefitting and catering to mask wearers vs non mask wearers.

Money talks.

I applaud Greg Abbott for this descision, Texas leads the way.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It is funny, that in my area some business wants you to wear mask, is some that even want to take your temperature, funny, this people are not doctors or nurses.

But when it comes to restaurants, is a hilarious thing, no mask required to enter any of the many restaurants we have around.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Man, this is causing huge turmoil int he state. Many business are issuing guidance to their people that despite the governors order, masks will be required to enter the property. We are doing this in our restaurants.

its a mix of people who want to feel safe vs people who want to feel free. One of our restaurant hosts told me today that he may resign over it, as he just does not desire to a). get his ill partner sick and b). deal with the confrontations that are bound to result from this.

This summer is going to be bloody I think.

Tell him to quit being a pussy.

He's got a 99% chance of surviving anything he catches.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Also Mississippi as of tomorrow, no masks, no restrictions.

Guess some folks will have to go back and resort to deciding grass length, mailbox style and trim colors in certain neighborhoods to serve their petty control fetishes or similar endeavors.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Freedom should never be step over because it was a campaign of miss information and scaremongering in order to pursue political agendas, that is what covid was for the liberals a political agenda.

Mask do not stop anything, it never did, if you have not gotten sick by now, you probably will not or already have the antibodies because exposure to it.

But never even noticed.

Corona virus is the biggest hoax been player to humanity all to push an injection, the effects of all this will be seen later, when all kind of new ailments starts to hit people that took that injection.

Enough if enough.

At the end of the day, establishments have always had the right to set a dress code in their place. When my grandfather was taking his family (including my mother) to Kwajalein back in the 60's so he could do work on their missile silo's, they'd stop over in Hawaii prior to the final leg of the trip. There was an italian restaurant that required a tie from men, and a dress from women. When they walked up, the maitre d asked "Do you have reservations?" My granddad, being a smarass, played the old "Plenty, but we are gonna eat here anyway".

But the point is: if the mask is part of the required dress code to enter an establishment, its no different than being required to wear a tie.

By requiring to wear a tie guarantees a certain class of customer, to wear a mask isn't quite looked on like that. Besides tie-wearing is only in high-end dining. I'd say less than 5% require it.

In Texas I'd imagine you would lose 30% of your patrons if not more depending on what your nearby competitors do.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Freedom should never be step over because it was a campaign of miss information and scaremongering in order to pursue political agendas, that is what covid was for the liberals a political agenda.

Mask do not stop anything, it never did, if you have not gotten sick by now, you probably will not or already have the antibodies because exposure to it.

But never even noticed.

Corona virus is the biggest hoax been player to humanity all to push an injection, the effects of all this will be seen later, when all kind of new ailments starts to hit people that took that injection.

Enough if enough.

At the end of the day, establishments have always had the right to set a dress code in their place. When my grandfather was taking his family (including my mother) to Kwajalein back in the 60's so he could do work on their missile silo's, they'd stop over in Hawaii prior to the final leg of the trip. There was an italian restaurant that required a tie from men, and a dress from women. When they walked up, the maitre d asked "Do you have reservations?" My granddad, being a smarass, played the old "Plenty, but we are gonna eat here anyway".

But the point is: if the mask is part of the required dress code to enter an establishment, its no different than being required to wear a tie.

By requiring to wear a tie guarantees a certain class of customer, to wear a mask isn't quite looked on like that. Besides tie-wearing is only in high-end dining. I'd say less than 5% require it.

In Texas I'd imagine you would lose 30% of your patrons if not more depending on what your nearby competitors do.

I'm starting to see the standard "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" amended with "No Mask."

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Man, this is causing huge turmoil int he state. Many business are issuing guidance to their people that despite the governors order, masks will be required to enter the property. We are doing this in our restaurants.

its a mix of people who want to feel safe vs people who want to feel free. One of our restaurant hosts told me today that he may resign over it, as he just does not desire to a). get his ill partner sick and b). deal with the confrontations that are bound to result from this.

This summer is going to be bloody I think.

I closed down my bar/restaurant last June because I got tired of the fReEdOM fighters harassing us for enforcing health department orders. I made sure all of my employees had new jobs first, and got out. I was already working at Walmart for cheap health insurance, I've been promoted twice since then, and now I'm making more money. No regrets.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:20 PM
link   
What is going to happen is, that people will support the restaurants of their choice, no big problem unless some restaurants starts to lose business.

That is why restaurants in my area do not enforce mask of any kind, no body wants to go out of business. But those that wants to cover their faces are welcome also.

People should always have a choice.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, if Alaska never had a mask mandate (which I think is awesome) how could it be the first state to get rid of it?

I think the people that insist on folks wearing masks at their business are going to lose business. Won’t be long before they come around when it starts hittin their wallet.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What is going to happen is, that people will support the restaurants of their choice, no big problem unless some restaurants starts to lose business.

That is why restaurants in my area do not enforce mask of any kind, no body wants to go out of business. But those that wants to cover their faces are welcome also.

People should always have a choice.
Talk with your wallet.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:32 PM
link   

establishments have always had the right to set a dress code in their place.

That depends. An establishment cannot refuse to provide handicap-capable appurtenances, such as handicap parking and ramps. A restaurant cannot decide that people using a portable oxygen concentrator cannot eat there. A restaurant cannot refuse to serve someone using crutches.

There are people who simply cannot wear a mask for medical reasons. I am one of them. The last time I tried wearing a loose-fitting mask, I was unable to stand after 2 minutes. I was also starting to feel a little lightheaded. I would expect that continued wearing of the mask would have led to unconsciousness, and my doctor agrees with me.

As it is now, I cannot enter the bank where my money is kept, appointment or no. I cannot enter the county court house; I recently received a jury summons and simply called up and explained I have a medical reason why I cannot wear a face mask. A good portion of society is shut off to me, for the simple reason that I have a medical condition. That is in direct violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (42 USC §12112 and 42 USC §12182). A good lawyer could become wealthy over this stuff.

For those who don't like clicking links:

42 USC §12112(a)

No covered entity shall discriminate against a qualified individual on the basis of disability in regard to job application procedures, the hiring, advancement, or discharge of employees, employee compensation, job training, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.

42 USC §12182(a)

No individual shall be discriminated against on the basis of disability in the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodations of any place of public accommodation by any person who owns, leases (or leases to), or operates a place of public accommodation.

Now if we can get Kay Ivey to listen to reason...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Brotherman
The governor of PA Tom Wolfe will never repeal the madness but yay Texas.

So let's remove Wolf. Impeach the SOB.

I got a better idea, I can’t really say exactly but it’s close to the idea of ridding vermin from your house.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I wish Washington state's governor (Idiot Jay inslee) would do the same, but sadly he loves to misrepresent every truth there is in existence to take advantage and manipulate a crisis of any kind for political gain and usurping authority for the feeling of power it gives. He has enough of a flock of mindless sheep following him so he can justify his unconstitutional actions by consensus. The deaths and darkness these unnecessary lockdowns are causing are destroying America quite fast.

Glad to hear Texas authority woke up.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   

But never even noticed.

Enough if enough.

Ties and dresses don't make you look like a dipsh!t idiot though...

edit on 2-3-2021 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Im sure there will be litigation in the end somewhere in Texas. We shall see.
edit on 3/2/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Nm
edit on 3/2/2021 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has lifted many of the Covid-19 restrictions in his state, permitting businesses to operate at 100-percent capacity and repealing the requirement for people to wear face coverings.

Source

Thank God, finally someone is ending the mask and closure nonsense. I expect a deluge of MSM propaganda about how people in Texas are suddenly dying at terrifying rates, though. Once that gets worn out, maybe other states will start to follow Texas' lead.

Actually, the mathematical models show that the deaths due to COVID19 in Texas will be about the same through March regardless of whether everyone wears a mask or no one wears a mask.

covid19.healthdata.org...

He's probably betting that enough Texans can be vaccinated in March to put the pandemic behind them. He could be right.

That's not necessarily true in other states, however.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Good for TX. Prior to Covid, quarantine has always been applied to the infected and at risk groups, not everybody. Especially not for a virus with a 98+% survival rate.

Since they lifted the restrictions in WI, I've never worn a mask at the bars. What's the point if you wear it to walk in and then sit down and take it off while drinking at the bar? There was a slight spike of "cases" after restrictions were removed but cases don't mean much if most people don't even have symptoms, just positive PCR tests. Been tested twice, both came back negative, even though I lost my sense of smell for less than 24 hours prior to the 2nd test.

posted on Mar, 2 2021 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What bothers me is that any litigation will be toward many businesses that have only tried to comply with the state mandates. As you probably know, Federal law trumps state law in a conflict, so these businesses were caught between a rock and a hard place.

In a just world, all such lawsuits would be against state officials for implementing illegal executive orders... but we do not live in a just world.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join