It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas governor repeals mask requirement and OKs businesses to operate at 100 percent capacity

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I was with the kid on the playground at a park. We were wearing masks out of “respect” for others. We were running and playing tag. It became obvious that physical activity was dislodging the seals of our masks. So the masks were not effective. And we became quite abnormally winded.

I have allergies and I am sensitive to heavy perfumes in cleaning agents. My allergy cough becomes worse after wearing a cloth mask after a few hours. I believe that wearing a mask were cleaning agents are used repeatedly contaminates my mask with chemicals I am sensitive to.

These scenarios plays out in many different ways. People stocking shelves. Cleaning bathrooms. Loading lumber. Trying to exercise. Playing sports. Older people walking in super stores. Sweeping floors. Moping. Reaching. Anything that causes physical stress and motion that breaks the seal of a mask.

Maybe your not like me. Run with the kids. Hiking. Loading lumber and landscape materials at the lumberyard. Have to work for a living.

And don’t get me started on the aggravation and dangerous of being forced to wearing a cheap surgical mask that results in fogging up safety glasses.

edit on 4-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

edit on 4-3-2021 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2021 by neutronflux because: Fixed more

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I find it odd that I can talk in the technical terms from having to wear respirators for jobs, passing physicals to wear respirators, and being fit tested.

And I can draw from my experiences of wearing a mask through this pandemic, while observing the struggles of wearing a mask through this pandemic for my kid. Nothing like a kid bringing a mask home she had to wear all day stained with the remnants of the school lunch.

While you seem to have no practical knowledge of wearing a mask through the pandemic. Strange....

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 06:53 AM
link   
So what happens when all of you lot who stamp your feet shouting about your freedom being infringed upon, are told about a new mutated version of the Covid virus that is even worse then the recent new variants?

Who’s fault is that?

People aren’t being told to wear a mask or get the vaccine because big gov is trying to own or control you or that it 100% stops the transmission of the virus. It’s to help control the spread to prevent it having far higher chances of it becoming something even worse.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

So what happens when all the political hay has been made and the actual science is revealed, showing that not only are the face masks useless, but they actually contributed to the severity of symptoms and caused many deaths themselves?

See? Hypotheticals can work in both directions.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Virus mutation isn’t a hypothetical

Covid isn’t make believe. The deaths are not either.

edit on 4-3-2021 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Let nature takes it course. Go on living like I did through this pandemic.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Maybe if this thing wasn’t drawn out by lockdowns, we would have herd immunity before it mutated......

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Having people susceptible to the deadly effects of this virus die off isn't herd immunity. It's eugenics.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: marg6043

In my area in order to do business IE continue to operate your business you have to comply to the municipal mandate or they were closing them down.

And as long as enough people put up with this garbage, they'll continue to get and deserve it.

What I'd like to see is for people to organize locally, plan on an opening date, and just open up (this was done by the restau rants in Italy, although it apparently only lasted a couple of days). e could do it much better here though - businesses could ask their patrons to come by and support them, even to the point of peacefully but physically impeding the 'officials' from engaging in any violence against the business owners.

If enough people show up and tell the stupid brain-dead natzi local municipal mandate pushers to go f themselves, this crap would end real quick.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: tanstaafl

A hundred years ago, it took 2 years for the Spanish Flu, and many, many lives and a couple of vaccines, before it washed over us. We don't have to repeat the mistakes in 1918, that were made out of ignorance, in 2021.

Disingenuous much?

This isn't even remotely like the Spanish flu, which killed a lot of young and healthy people, including infants and small children.

If you cannot see the universe of difference between an estimated 3%-20% CFR for the 1918 swine flu and the now known to be 0.2-0.3% CFR with COVID - with a much much lower CFR for infants, small children, and the young and healthy - then there is no hope for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
originally posted by: tanstaafl

"Maybe so, but the more I hear Ron Desantis talk, the more I want to move to Florida..."

And the more I want him to run in 2024

I'd go for that - how about a DeSantis/Owens ticket... or better, a Owens/DeSantis ticket? I'd just really like to see Candace run for President, not VP... the first real black woman President.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Right, so, as long as you’re ok, it’s Screw every one else huh?

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
So what happens when all of you lot who stamp your feet shouting about your freedom being infringed upon, are told about a new mutated version of the Covid virus that is even worse then the recent new variants?

Who’s fault is that?

Ehem. Yours.

Had you manned up & let the stupid thing run it's course and burn the # out from the start like they normally do, WE WOULD BE PAST THIS # BY NOW.

Eat crow. And choke on it.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You have no idea what a pandemic is, what the impact of the virus has and how a herd immunity works...

Also, the lockdown wasn’t just for your protection. It was also to help the health services of your country from being overwhelmed

But I guess that doesn’t matter to Americans. So long as your freedoms aren’t perceived as to be infringed upon, it’s f**k everyone else.

Fair enough.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The funny thing is that these people think masking and hiding and getting the vaccine is going to save them. Sheep are gonna be the first to get sheared.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

You have no idea what a pandemic is, what the impact of the virus has and how a herd immunity works...

Also, the lockdown wasn’t just for your protection. It was also to help the health services of your country from being overwhelmed

But I guess that doesn’t matter to Americans. So long as your freedoms aren’t perceived as to be infringed upon, it’s f**k everyone else.

Fair enough.

Two weeks to flatten that curve, eh? Two weeks (14 days) in normal math, or just 26 2-week flattener jaunts in a row in Chicken Little Math?

You still haven't explained the most important questions that constantly go unanswered when I present them. Like I already did upthread in another thread, but let's refresh!

Why I can theoretically spit on you, and it's a serious Rona-spreading offense of biohazard levels, but...they can't scrape that dangerous biohazard together off your pretty cheek to test, they need to play Whack-A-Mole up a nostril to get a "usable sample".

If it's not usable for lab testing in the spitwad dripping off you, it's not as virulent as you claim. Calm the # down, and start thinking more objectively, you're running around in full knee-jerk mode at Defcon 1 when the day to day evidence around you is at 3 at best.
edit on 3/4/2021 by Nyiah because: Misread my open tab titles, referenced questions were in another thread

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

The funny thing is that these people think masking and hiding and getting the vaccine is going to save them. Sheep are gonna be the first to get sheared.

IMO, since they don't seem to understand the importance cortisol plays with the immune system and how counterproductive deliberately stressing yourself is, all they're doing is dooming themselves to a stress-induced early grave.

But hey, if that's what they want, who am I to argue.

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: xuenchen

Bet Joe cannot prove Neanderthal thinking lead to one Neanderthal dying of covid-19.

The whole impression that Neanderthals (humans) are more stupid or inferior to so-called "modern man" (also humans) is wrong anyway.

Neanderthal man (named after the Neander district in Germany where the first fossil was found) was undoubtedly human. At first he was pictured as bent over, stupid looking, hairy and apelike. Now it is known that this mistaken reconstruction was based on a fossil skeleton badly deformed by disease. Since then, many Neanderthal fossils have been found, confirming that he was not much different from modern humans. In his book Ice, Fred Hoyle stated: “There is no evidence that Neanderthal man was in any way inferior to ourselves.”* As a result, recent drawings of Neanderthals have taken on a more modern look. (*: Ice, by Fred Hoyle, 1981, p. 35.)

Neanderthal man is one of the better-known parts of the so-called evolutionary chain. When the first skull portion was found one scientist called it the skullcap of an idiot. Gradually interpretations changed as more bones were discovered. From early reconstructions that showed Neanderthals to be stooped and apelike, with long arms dangling down in front, we now have books that say that “Neanderthal probably did not look very different from some people of today.” One encyclopedia now says that they were “completely human, fully erect.” What a change! Comparing the illustrations in various books will show the adjustments in the claimed appearance of Neanderthal man. And rather than his being an idiot, it is now admitted that Neanderthal man had a larger brain than most modern men!

One reason why some scientists thought of Neanderthal as squat and bent is most interesting. An early skeleton found had bowed legs and a bent form. Of course, since they were looking for apelike creatures to fit their theory, how easy it was to make a mistake! Later, upon further examination, it was shown that the skeleton was deformed due to arthritis!

Nor is that all. In their efforts to make their finds look like a link between ape and man, when Neanderthal’s foot bones were first reconstructed by evolutionists, “they were made to look like an ape’s,” says one book. But the same book admits that the feet actually “look and functioned very [much] like those of modern man.”

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: xuenchen

Unlike Biden, Neathderthals could think.

Surely the deception and acting skills required to get elected president by means of tickling people's ears, catering to a particular market with what one says (right or left), requires some thinking ability? In the form of cunning for example.

I mean it's fairly obvious why he's bringing up the term "neanderthal thinking" in an attempt to appeal to the pride of his left-oriented market, and playing on their fear of seeming stupid; catering to his audience, playing (on the emotions of) his audience. That requires skill in propaganda:

... Propaganda encourages this by agitating the emotions, by exploiting insecurities, by capitalizing on the ambiguity of language, and by bending rules of logic. As history bears out, such tactics can prove all too effective.
Playing on the Emotions

Even though feelings might be irrelevant when it comes to factual claims or the logic of an argument, they play a crucial role in persuasion. Emotional appeals are fabricated by practiced publicists, who play on feelings as skillfully as a virtuoso plays the piano.

For example, fear is an emotion that can becloud judgment. And, as in the case of envy, fear can be played upon. ...

Hatred is a strong emotion exploited by propagandists. Loaded language is particularly effective in triggering it. There seems to be a nearly endless supply of nasty words that promote and exploit hatred toward particular racial, ethnic, or religious groups. [whereislogic: in this situation, and in light of my previous comment, I'd say the term "neanderthal thinking" can be counted as "loaded language"; but it's still more a play on pride than hatred, including a reverse appeal to pride that plays on people's fear of seeming stupid, i.e. to be seen as those who suffer from "neanderthal thinking"]

Some propagandists play on pride. Often we can spot appeals to pride by looking for such key phrases as: “Any intelligent person knows that . . .” or, “A person with your education can’t help but see that . . .” A reverse appeal to pride plays on our fear of seeming stupid. Professionals in persuasion are well aware of that.

Source: The Manipulation of Information (Awake!—2000)

... Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target.

The propagandist makes sure that his message appears to be the right and moral one and that it gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure—so they say.

Source: Do Not Be a Victim of Propaganda! (Awake!—2000)
edit on 4-3-2021 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2021 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Why I can theoretically spit on you, and it's a serious Rona-spreading offense of biohazard levels, but...they can't scrape that dangerous biohazard together off your pretty cheek to test, they need to play Whack-A-Mole up a nostril to get a "usable sample".

If it's not usable for lab testing in the spitwad dripping off you, it's not as virulent as you claim. Calm the # down, and start thinking more objectively, you're running around in full knee-jerk mode at Defcon 1 when the day to day evidence around you is at 3 at best.

Just to clarify/confirm, there are spit tests and they are just as accurate as nasal swabs.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join