It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ok if you buy into the Fear of this pandemic, but please retain some common sense!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'd like to share a little anecdote.

I work in a retirement home for the elderly, and so I wear a mask all day, sometimes in combination with a full-face visor.

I follow the guidelines and constantly increasing measures enforced by the health department, though I also make use of common sense when applicable.

So I had just clocked out and I have about 20 feet to walk from the stairs to the exit.

I was leaving, and it's cold outside, so I have two layers of scarves covering my face, you can barely see my eyes and nothing else.

I'm stopped and told that I have to take off the scarves and put on a little flimsy chinese made surgical mask "for our safety."

I pointed out that I have two layers of thick wool cover-ups already, and that I only have a few steps to take before I'm outside in the freezing cold, where I'd have to put my scarves back on.

So now I'm looked at like I have cooties, and I can see the fear grow in their eyes as they affirm that I still have to take off my face covers so that I can put on the little white/blue standard one.

This is ridiculous...

I understand that some of you are legitimately terrified.

I understand that you place the blame on those who do not follow the guidelines, though I would advise you reassess your judgment.

I fail to comprehend why you fear or have disdain for those who simply dare to question.

I honestly fear some of you will slowly lose the ability to think for yourself.

Or rather, you will collectively adopt a mindset in which this is discouraged, or frowned upon.

Only a fool does as he's told unquestioningly.

A worse fool would go as far as to persecute those who dare to rise against.

I know I'm going to be labeled an anti-masker, or anti-vaxx.

Whether you realize it or not, in your mind, you'll instantly cast the label.

And so, in your mind, I become as you claim; and yet, this thought was not your own; you adopted it.

Much the same, those who proclaimed their support for your last president are or will be labeled as 'MAGA terrorists.'

And so, judgment is cast; but was this your own original thought, or was it fed to you while in a near-catatonic spiritual state.

I see a trend I struggle to explain, and so I try to paint a picture with words.

Please, dare to think for yourself and question -Everything-.

What if I'm wrong?

Explore this thought...

You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain from doing this.

And as always, as my cheesy self-gratifying pleasure I like to remind you all

I Love you all.

And have a nice day.

^_^

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: iammrhappy86

After I took off the scarves but before I put on the mask, I would have gone into an uncontrollable coughing fit.

"Don't worry, it's just lung cancer."

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

After I took off the scarves but before I put on the mask, I would have gone into an uncontrollable coughing fit.

"Don't worry, it's just lung cancer."

That'd be 14 days quarantine for you... just to be safe.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So stupid! I have to wonder if the person asking you to TAKE OFF your thick scarves to put on the flimsy piece of Chinese paper was just on a power trip. Because that is absolutely so stupid.

And don’t be deceived- these people have ALREADY stopped thinking for themselves. They haven’t lost the ability. They have just freely given up their responsibility to think for themselves. They have become complete weak vessels, asking to be filled with everything the MSM and their masters want them to think.

I’m struggling with this, because I’m resenting these folks BIG time. The way they have stopped thinking and just went ahead and bent all the way over last March and asked to be pounded hard without lube, is the reason our “leaders” continue to take more and more freedoms and rights from us by the day. They wouldn’t be able to do it if so many mindless lemmings hadn’t bent over. They didn’t even hesitate for one second before bending over.

And I do think part of it is that these people want to have something to feel powerful about. They get a little ego buzz by telling people to “wear your mask” etc.

We are screwed.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would have ignored their request and just said ' See ya, I am going home.' a reply to: iammrhappy86

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The real question is was it real wool?

Details...

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

So stupid! I have to wonder if the person asking you to TAKE OFF your thick scarves to put on the flimsy piece of Chinese paper was just on a power trip. Because that is absolutely so stupid.

It's because he works in a f'ing care home, in a province that had over 10k die, vs the 1500 here(sorry, not looking to Quebec for pearls of wisdom). You would think oh well good enough, and it probably was, but no, facilities don't run that way. You have protocols, and they get followed. The laissez-faire attitude is why 10,000 dead vs 1500.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Law sue, yep for discrimination against been over protected, you can go after then for trying to espouse you to the dangers of covid when you were told to take your face covering off.

Get a good lawyer you may win this, well depending in which state you are at.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: KansasGirl

It's because he works in a f'ing care home, in a province that had over 10k die, vs the 1500 here(sorry, not looking to Quebec for pearls of wisdom). You would think oh well good enough, and it probably was, but no, facilities don't run that way. You have protocols, and they get followed. The laissez-faire attitude is why 10,000 dead vs 1500.

So taking off the TWO heavy wool
scarves to put on the flimsy paper mask made sense? Are you seriously going to defend that? It made him spend more time there and probably spewing and breathing those super deadly particles all over the place in order to take off the scarves and put the paper on. I know you’re not stupid, so if you really are defending that move, you’re just showing you’ve stopped using your brain.

It’s stupid to enforce protocol when the enforcing of the protocol defeats the purpose of the protocol. What is the objective of that protocol? It’s to limit exposure, yeah? Well, his exposure was already BETTER limited than if he had just had the thin paper mask on.

So you’re saying that even if someone is doing something that meets the objective of the protocol, if it’s not the exact thing (in this case a flimsy paper mask), they still need to follow your protocol anyway.

That’s just totally and completely idiotic, man.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Never said it made sense, just said it was protocol, in a province that lost a lot more people than others.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I have to wonder if the person asking you to TAKE OFF your thick scarves to put on the flimsy piece of Chinese paper was just on a power trip.

Yes of course he was. That's the whole point of it all.

See....a very small amount of people can't control a very large amount of people, so what do you do?

Well you make some of those people you want to control feel powerful as long as they agree to enforce your measures of control. You elevate them just above the rest of the bleating masses just ever so slightly and then suddenly, the few people at the top can sit back and relax and let the people control eachother for them.
edit on 15/2/2021 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:56 PM
link   

everyone is the sum of his experiences, from what he sees, hears, feels, reads. the media influences you, your family, your friends, your pet, everything that surrounds you has impact. but we are free to turn off the tv or the internet at any time.

i'm not that afraid. i just behave according to the rules, not always acurate but i try. at some point, we have to get back to normal before we get used to this strange way of life and can't find our way back to normality. i'm tired of these f... masks like everyone but i have to accept other peoples fear (they will have their reasons).

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What little common sense the public had, and I'm saying there was very little, to begin with, went out the window during the toilet paper panic of 2020. Public common sense is likely now half of that.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: iammrhappy86This is ridiculous...

you're not wrong.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 04:59 PM
link   

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's funny, this popped up on my Gab feed today, seems relevant.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yeah I think we have reached the point of no return here, where people are told to double mask. You mean this whole time you have been wearing one that aparently wasnt enough. even though people will point and say wearing a mask works it worked. So if it worked why do we need to wear two?? Yeah we have reached the point of no return.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 05:34 PM
link   
What you just described is the insanity of a bureaucrat without the benefit of functioning brain cells.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:09 PM
link   

⭐️&🇺🇸&Friended. I need more Happy friends.

posted on Feb, 15 2021 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You're assuming that there's any common sense left to use.

The good part is I don't have to shave every day. The masks hide a lot of facial defects. So there's that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join