It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mask May Not Be Enough. How About Wearing Two...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Gnawledge

originally posted by: Lumenari

Omy my God! I hate scientists telling my to put cloth on my face so me and my loved ones have a lesser chance at dying.

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Then I suggest that you not only do what he is suggesting (wearing two masks and inhibiting your C02 outtake) but take the next logical step and just tie a few garbage bags around your head.

You know... just to be safe!!!

I still say 2021 will be known in hind sight as the Year of Social Darwinism.

And I have a front seat to watch it!!!!

Good thing your word don't mean sh!t.

Yours don't matter either, bucko. The B is not what I'd start that nickname with, either.

You can run like a sissy boy and hide behind a dozen damn masks, but you can NOT hide. The mild bug WILL get you, you're not impervious.

Yeah, I said as much in a different post. No need to go find it, you already hate me

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

My personal take, if anyone cares, we will all get it.

1,2,3 mask, no matter.

It's going around.

It's always going around every year. I know no one wants to hear it but, I did find a few articles from the 2017/18 flu season that support my theory. Coincidentally, 2017/18 was the worst flu season we had in a long time. The ICU units were at full capacity, they were canceling elective surgery, the hospitals were overrun and they had tents set up for the overflow. It didn't get as much attention as this year but...sounds familiar, doesn't it?

The 2017-2018 influenza epidemic is sending people to hospitals and urgent-care centers in every state, and medical centers are responding with extraordinary measures: asking staff to work overtime, setting up triage tents, restricting friends and family visits and canceling elective surgeries, to name a few.

“We are pretty much at capacity, and the volume is certainly different from previous flu seasons,” says Dr. Alfred Tallia, professor and chair of family medicine at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical Center in New Brunswick, New Jersey. “I’ve been in practice for 30 years, and it’s been a good 15 or 20 years since I’ve seen a flu-related illness scenario like we’ve had this year.”...

The Lehigh Valley Health System in Allentown, Pennsylvania, set up a similar surge tent in its parking lot on Monday, in response to an increase in patients presenting with various viral illnesses, including norovirus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and the flu. “We’ve put it into operation a couples times now over the last few days,” said a hospital spokesperson. “I think Tuesday we saw upwards of about 40 people in the tent itself.”

The flu has especially affected hospital patients with other health issues, says Braciszewski, who works with cardiac patients. “Almost every patient in the hospital has the flu, and it’s making their pre-existing conditions worse,” she says. “More and more patients are needing mechanical ventilation due to respiratory failure from the flu and other rampant upper respiratory infections.” ...

I dunno.. as always, it's up to you to decide. But, I'm certainly not going to double up on masks for something that happens every year.

Thanks,
blend57

Yeah that's my issue. I wear a mask, I'll wear two or three if it helps others but if this is a flu changing yearly (monthly it seems). No vaccine will help enough (like the yearly flu shot).

I believe this virus will be cyclical and ever-changing, and we can't wear masks forever, just doing our best until we figure it out.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Yes, there are people who dont wear masks... or at least their were people who didn't wear masks at the time but now its compulsary to wear one on transport or you get fined!

As for the hands... I was wearing 2 pairs of gloves at the time too.. replacing the top one when neccessary to do so...

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

1,2,3 mask, no matter.

It's going around.

If that's the case, then why bother in the first place with even one?

If we're all doomed, then I might as well lick the plate if I know the dish is poisoned.

Why bother with Hospices?

So now you're equating a hospice service with a mask?

The point of hospice is keep you comfortable while you die. A mask doesn't keep you comfortable.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:01 AM
link   

1,2,3 mask, no matter.

It's going around.

If that's the case, then why bother in the first place with even one?

If we're all doomed, then I might as well lick the plate if I know the dish is poisoned.

Why bother with Hospices?

So now you're equating a hospice service with a mask?

The point of hospice is keep you comfortable while you die. A mask doesn't keep you comfortable.

Bad comparison, you're right. A mask may save another, vulnerable person, from death. Or give them some extra time.

Actually perfect comparison. Care about others' lives or don't, I guess.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder
Follow the Money

California: Documents reveal Governor Newsom’s secret $1B CCP Deal

In a Special report from Judicial Watch, a conservative legal watchdog group has announced that it received hundreds of pages of documents revealing the contract materials and communications related to a$1 billion contract for face masks between the California Office of Emergency Services (OES) and the Chinese Communist Party linked BYD.

BYD reportedly has been barred by law from some federal contracts for providing faulty electric vehicles and lithium batteries to U.S. buyers.

I posted a link to Joe and others contacting China for a large PPE deal days before this announcement came down in my OP but no one has touched it. Follow the money indeed. Looks like more than a few deals are ongoing and more than a few pockets are about to get a lot fatter.
edit on 1/26/2021 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

It is somewhat bemusing how people are ignorant of how much crud originates on chan boards.

All it takes is for an anon to spout something ridiculous, it spreads from there. Next thing you know it's being spread on normie channels and then the media and politicians take it and run with it. Then all of a sudden it's this huge issue while all the trolls back on the chans are laughing their asses off at how stupid people are.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
I’m seriously thinking of getting one of these.......

He's better off without her. Come April 30th he'll be having all the ladies in heat.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Not really, but you go on with that.

You're the one who started this by saying we're all getting it no matter what; then *you* jumped to hospice when is a service for the dying to keep them in comfort.

Masks are the antithesis of keeping anyone in comfort while they wait to die. For one thing, they rob us of our essential humanity by keeping us from actually seeing and reading each other's faces. Mentally, my mind has been substituting faces in my memories despite me having seen everyone in masks everywhere I have gone. Some of those people I've never seen without masks, and yet I recall them with faces anyhow. That's how anti-comfort a mask is.

So your comparison of masks as caring and comforting are 180 degrees off. If we're all dying, then you'd be making people as comfortable as possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't know the efficacy of masks. I'll shut up about it.

But, if there is a chance, no matter how slight, that a mask could save a life?

Not interested? My neck gaiter is super easy to pull up and actually i love it here in MN.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
As soon as I saw Fauci was going to stay on I knew we were in trouble. It confirmed he says whatever he's told to and we are the victims.

It's a real head-scratcher to most of us, dreaming of retiring as early as possible : why is an 80 year-old man still doing there ?
Most folks that age are grandparents, if not great-grandparents, and spending time with family.

Maybe somebody's got him by the short & curlies, or he's terribly beholden some other way ?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Not interested? My neck gaiter is super easy to pull up and actually i love it here in MN.

Ah the old, "if we could save even one child" defense. Do you realize how many things you do day in and day out you shouldn't do because you take the risk that you may actually end up accidentally killing someone? And if there's even a chance you could save just one life ...

(post by Gnawledge removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
This is not about covid.
Covid might as well be fake.

This is about bending over.
All the way over.
Spreading your cheeks.
And taking it all the way because you’ll just let them

It's about fear. When people are scared they will do anything, no matter how irrational, like hoarding toilet paper and wearing paper masks.

Never underestimate the idiocy of the masses.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 04:40 PM
link   
didn't I read somewhere that it gets into your body via mucus membranes?
aren't eyes mucus membranes?

If someone breaths on you, and you're wearing a mask over your mouth, and their breath gets in your eyes,... do you still get Covid? If so, your mask should cover your eyes too right? good job it's winter here - snow goggles don't look too stupid.

*I'm not actually leaving the house, so masks of any kind to me are irrelevant.
** apart from my avatar, obvs.
edit on 26-1-2021 by CrastneyJPR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:21 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You should go for a walk and get some fresh air instead of coming across as an angsty teenager.
edit on Tue Jan 26 2021 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1

Ah the old, "if we could save even one child" defense. Do you realize how many things you do day in and day out you shouldn't do because you take the risk that you may actually end up accidentally killing someone? And if there's even a chance you could save just one life ...

Ah, the old, I won't do a damn thing defense.

F you.

You should go for a walk and get some fresh air instead of coming across as an angsty teenager.

Amen. That teenager though, has thoughts that just make sense.

It's why you can't argue with them.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Omy my God! I hate scientists telling my to put cloth on my face so me and my loved ones have a lesser chance at dying.

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Do you hate scientists at the CDC telling you that you have a greater than 99% chance of living, if you get this virus?

Yes, it's very reassuring. I'm not in a high-risk group. But a 1% chance of death is well worth a mask. Or just wearing one to lessen those not as fortunate as me in health.

Have you been wearing a mask your whole life? Because your chance of dying from the flu is and has been magnitudes greater than dying from covid-19.

Why haven’t you been wearing a mask to protect against the flu, your whole life?

So by your logic now, you are going to need to wear a mask around for the rest of your life. Even if covid 19 gets eradicated and you get that vaccine and this big giant scary covid-19 threat is over, you have a bigger than 1% chance of death from the flu.

So, you will be wearing the mask for the rest of your life, correct?

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 01:27 PM
link   

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Do you hate scientists at the CDC telling you that you have a greater than 99% chance of living, if you get this virus?

Yes, it's very reassuring. I'm not in a high-risk group. But a 1% chance of death is well worth a mask. Or just wearing one to lessen those not as fortunate as me in health.

Have you been wearing a mask your whole life? Because your chance of dying from the flu is and has been magnitudes greater than dying from covid-19.

Why haven’t you been wearing a mask to protect against the flu, your whole life?

So by your logic now, you are going to need to wear a mask around for the rest of your life. Even if covid 19 gets eradicated and you get that vaccine and this big giant scary covid-19 threat is over, you have a bigger than 1% chance of death from the flu.

Covid is not the flu. That's why.

posted on Jan, 27 2021 @ 02:24 PM
link   

As if he cares!

LORD save me!

Covid is not the flu. That's why.

Of course, you didn’t answer the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join