It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off all social media websites. Your data is being recorded.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: DeathSlayer

That explains why I got an alert from Google earlier this month showing me everywhere I'd been in 2020, from cities to parks to middle high school parking lots restaurants to stores and how many miles I drove...

I sure do miss analog phones.

Location services are well known and easy to control on Google.
If you don't take the steps you feel are required for you then only you are responsible that they have that information.

In my defense, I had no idea how to do that. I'm really not worried about it now. At this point they know where I live and work. I have, however, committed the cardinal sin by showing my support for Trump. Twitter showed me that when they suspended my account and I hadn't posted since before the election but I still had Trump 2020 in my bio.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: Gnawledge
ATS is the closest I get to social media.

And ya'all clearly don't see me. But yeah, FB, Twitter...stay away.

No no no, I saw you at the hotdog hut the other night...

During Covid with Jim Carrey, lol, not a chance...but good choice.

Can't blame you there lol.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Even when i had a facebook account (8 years ago now) it said i lived in a bunker in Chukotka, was educated in the Sunday School of Satan and worked for the Sith Empire.

I hope they forwarded that information on to the authorities.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The NSA is already recording everything...on and off social media sites.

What are you saying and doing on websites that is so horrible?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:17 PM
link   
And wouldn't we just have to all abandon all internet?

Isn't it all social and connected?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We need to realize that social media is Satan's plan to distract us from each other and the Lord. Social media directly goes against the two commandments Jesus gave. The lie is that social media connects you and helps you feel closer to distant family but anyone knows that receiving a phone call or hand written letter from someone is much more valuable than a social media post. Same with devotional plans and digital Bibles, they do all they can to keep us from actually holding the Word in our hand and reading it.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:37 PM
link   
What a load of bunkem! Next you’ll be telling us that these computers know where we live! Codswallop!

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This has been the case for a long time. I have absolutely nothing to hide, and don't post anything that I wouldn't want anyone to know about me.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mpoling2482
We need to realize that social media is Satan's plan to distract us from each other and the Lord.

Fo Shizzzle. I think that is in Leviticus.

Social media directly goes against the two commandments Jesus gave.
J-man gave Commandments? Thought that was Moses?

The lie is that social media connects you and helps you feel closer to distant family but anyone knows that receiving a phone call or hand written letter from someone is much more valuable than a social media post.

So peeps before phones are going to hell?

Same with devotional plans and digital Bibles, they do all they can to keep us from actually holding the Word in our hand and reading it.
Yup, we need more Jim Jones in the world, to feed us gods manna live in da flesh.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Too late. It has been going on for years and years. We are all well seeded into the Matrix.

It is almost impossible to pull the plug now, and even if you did, you would be the easiest to track, because yours would be the only house on the block that was without lights.

Dated September 26, 2018

Millions of American homes contain devices connected to the internet that aren't computers. Yours is likely one of them. If you have a TV that allows you to stream shows from online sites such as Netflix or Hulu; if you have a thermostat you can control with your phone; if you have a refrigerator that notifies you when it's time to buy milk; if you have a voice-activated digital assistant such as Alexa or Siri or Cortana, then you have a device that's connected to the internet, also known as a smart device.

phys.org...

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yup, and more and more sites or hardware are enforcing using a social media identity to log in.
ATS for example, a friend told me he couldn't sign up with out using a social media user Id.
Thankfully, I signed up before that became a thing or else I'd never have joined.
But at the same time, a piece of hardware I bought - Oculus Quest 2, makes it so you need a FB account to use it.
I really wanted it, so I bit the bullet and signed up.

I have 2 friends on FB and both are the two dudes I game with - you have to use FB within the hardware to send invites to games.
It's a total piss off, but the hooked me.
I've heard rumours about the device being jailbroken to by pass the FB login, but it's not a widely known hack at the moment.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Why should average law abiding citizens care?

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So, y'all are discussing how bad social media is---on social media. Well played.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
So, y'all are discussing how bad social media is---on social media. Well played.

You are so right. I know fully well, that they have more information about me then I wish they did. Not because I have anything to hide. I come from a military family, and have close family members that worked in the three letter agencies, and I have had several different levels of security clearances over the years, starting from when I was twenty, if not earlier. So I know I am well vetted.

Having said that, I still value my personal data, and would like to keep it as personal as I can. I would like the sharing of that data to be my choice. I have been hanging around ATS since 2009. I joined another site when it was offered as an alternate site, when ATS was talking about the possibility of going dark. I restrict my social media participation to these two sites.

Even with the limited participation, I know they have access to my every keystroke, if they so choose.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
This has been the case for a long time. I have absolutely nothing to hide, and don't post anything that I wouldn't want anyone to know about me.

posted on Jan, 25 2021 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Indeed. Catch-22.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I do wonder why people give all their personal address info on any social media website... thats just asking for trouble.

Only place I have my address is with online banking, paypal, doctors and utility companies, all of which shouldn't be giving out your info without your consent!

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

No one said anything about going to hell.
-
Yes, Jesus gave two commandments.
-
So you think reading a digital book is the same as reading a paper one?

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

You don't have to give them your address. Almost all phones, Android and Iphone alike, can do a locate within just a few meters. That data can be obtained whether your GPS locator is on or not, or if you phone is on or off.

I hate smartphones, and used my simple call and receive flip phone, for as long as I could. When my job made it a requirement for me to carry a smartphone, I was not pleased. After spending some time with the CSI department and seeing what they could obtain from cell phones, even broken ones, increased my distrust and distaste for them all the more.

The first thing I am going to do when I go into full retirement is burn and bury my smartphone.

posted on Jan, 26 2021 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Unless you are completely off-grid you can always be tracked and scrutinized. The number of sigint programs running is unknown but we do know there are many. Echelon goes all the way back to 1970 and monitors virtually ever phone call made in the US looking for keywords that trigger recording. There are numerous other NSA programs like Timberline, Lanford, Lateral and Salute which can be used in a variety of circumstances across multiple platforms.

In other words, you have been tracked, catalogued, scrutinized, and labeled for about 50 years now. Unplugging your router tonight isn't going to change anything. You need to be seriously off-line and off-grid to escape any government monitoring. The problem there is anyone who would go to those lengths to avoid being monitored is automatically suspect and subjected to even more rigorous measures.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join