It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Armed Citizens to shoot looters and rioters

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Good. Rooftop koreans part 2. Or maybe rooftop cubans this time? Who cares. Guns are for defending life and property.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yea, we're definitely seeing a devolvong of social fabric.

Personally, I don't feel I need the loosening of laws for my own safety. Luckily, I live in a state that is pretty good about carry.

I trust my judgment, and I'd never escelate a situation unless it was life or death. Optimistic me believes if anything transpired it would be cleared up on the scene or in court.

As far as looting... If I lived in an area that was a constant concern, I'd move before risking my skin for a cause that's already lost.

I get not everyone is in that position, but I don't believe we need a society where perception of stolen property (I get being in your house during a B&E is different) means I get to become an executioner.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm not seeing a downside here. I see an artful solution to an ugly problem that's swept the country lately.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yea I'm pro gun, pro friendy carry laws....

But there are existing laws that allow you to protect yourself with the above.

This seems sketchy, there's a difference between protecting yourself, and the perception of protecting property which the law doesn't seem to clarify as your own.

The key word is Perceived isn’t it....

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I’m not for defunding the police. I do think there is room for improvement.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Why cant the police just do their f'ing jobs?

Because they are outnumbered,sometimes hundreds of rioter per cop. Better odds of playing russian roulette with a semi-auto.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I'm not seeing a downside here. I see an artful solution to an ugly problem that's swept the country lately.

This will not be a solution, this will just cause more problems.
If it is up to citizens to police, what is the point of the police?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79

Because they are outnumbered,sometimes hundreds of rioter per cop. Better odds of playing russian roulette with a semi-auto.

Then the nation guard or other like organization should come in. People that are trained.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Police aren't even required to defend your life, let alone your property.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yea I'm pro gun, pro friendy carry laws....

But there are existing laws that allow you to protect yourself with the above.

This seems sketchy, there's a difference between protecting yourself, and the perception of protecting property which the law doesn't seem to clarify as your own.

The key word is Perceived isn’t it....

It most certainly is. Because that would be the operative language of threads in the future should it pass.

Not to say there wouldn't be gray area, but we'd all speak off perception once we saw stories come to fruition.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Solid application of the most fundamental principle of natural selection there.

If you don't liked it, don't loot and riot and you'll be just fine!
:
edit on 2020 11 11 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It's amazing to me that anyone from Florida is capable of operating any form of machinery other than theme park rides. Next they will be claiming they've grown opposable thumbs!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DougHole64
It's amazing to me that anyone from Florida is capable of operating any form of machinery other than theme park rides. Next they will be claiming they've grown opposable thumbs!

Ooo, attack the intelligence is w people from Florida. Massive ad hominem. You're goooooood!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Solid application if the basic principle of natural selection there.

If you don't liked it, don't loot and riot and you'll be just fine!

What if you are not playing...

There is a riot brewing, you need to go to work. You go to your car but you forgot your keys...

You look like a car thief.. pop, you’re dead....

There were many scenarios where normal people got caught in riots this year, I know a few myself...
edit on 11-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This isnt about going out and hunting looters, this is about being caught in a situation and legally being able to defend yourself and your family. Good for Desantis. If you want to loot and riot and assault people youve been warned in Florida

link   
Was it "illegal" before? It's pretty obvious to rational people when someone, or a mob is a threat.

It doesn't take "a law" to say it's okay for an American to defend their "life, liberty or pursuit of happiness". Or any of their belongings for that matter. That's already a/the law!

"Laws" should say real simple things like, "don't break, steal or destroy other people's stuff", or "don't burn down other people's houses and buildings" or "if you didn't work for it or buy it, it ain't yours".

There's no need to make a "law" saying it's okay to defend yourself, others and property from lawbreakers. That's been the law already for a couple hundred years.

What is needed? Is laws against "lawyers". That would go way farther in straightening out The U.S.A. than a law that gives one/you permission to do what is already your/a individual right by law, just for being a real and free American man or woman.

edit on 11-11-2020 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Jason79

Then the nation guard or other like organization should come in. People that are trained.

Naw, you can't really use US soldiers against US citizens, which is why we had Germans guarding our airspace after 9/11. You'll likely get UN troops and the only thing they excel at is raping.

www.google.com... 8

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Because if the police do their "f-ing jobs" they get defunded and more riots happen.
edit on 11-11-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If there is a large natural disaster, owners will have a lot more to be concerned about then the lost of items from looting. It would be foolish for them to risk their lives twice, when if mother nature wins, they can't shoot it, and insurance will cover damages and losses from both sides.

As far as the increase in "larger metro jurisdictions where the more zealous leftist city councils are busy neutering the police and actively preventing them from taking care of it", those areas are still very small in number in comparison to all the cities in American, where this does not happen and will not happen.

The media and the internet paints this picture where all of America is under attack. It just is not true. They take every case of a person committing crimes or doing something ugly, as if it is happening everywhere, when the truth is if they did the math, the incident would rank at the bottom of the list when looking at the problems that actually exist.

In areas where they are experiencing the mentioned problems, I agree with taking measures to protect life and limb, but to risk death for items that are replaceable and covered by insurance, is an unnecessary and likely foolish risk.

Again, just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This will not be a solution, this will just cause more problems.
If it is up to citizens to police, what is the point of the police?

I dunno, seems maybe the fact that the problem children are successfully fighting to defund the police very much changes the game and does leave it up to the citizens to police.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join