It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Armed Citizens to shoot looters and rioters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I am 100% pro gun, but this is pretty slippery....

www.yahoo.com...

Florida introducing new laws allowing citizens to shoot ‘looters and rioters’

It would add looting the list of "forcible felonies" to justify the use of force against people who commit a burglary within 500 feet of violent or disorderly assembly, according to the "anti-mob legislation draft" obtained by The Miami Herald under a public records request.

No I do not support rioters or violence during protests.
This is wild west stuff. How can you tell a rioter from non? Serious question, or from a bystander just trying to go home?
Can it be assumed someone with a weapon is trying to commit a burglary.. slippery like I said..

edit on 11-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Sounds like they don't believe peace-loving mr. Unity Joe Biden will be taking the helm.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

People standing with signs and chanting,
Peaceful protesters
People throwing molotov cocktails and smashing windows and taking personal property and assaulting innocent bystanders
Looters and rioters
There I figured it out for you

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why cant the police just do their f'ing jobs?

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark08

People standing with signs and chanting,
Peaceful protesters
People throwing molotov cocktails and smashing windows and taking personal property and assaulting innocent bystanders
Looters and rioters
There I figured it out for you

Remember we are talking Florida, that won't be enough!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

nothing better than being judged by and untrained member of the public as to someones guilt, who needs a jury...yeeeehawwww

edit on 11-11-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't like this for one reason as already stated - vigilantism. I have no problem extended the SYG law to include your business but I think this violates the meaning of that law. SYG is for your person or property, not so you can shoot someone that's committing a crime outside of a riot zone.

I am not opposed to not penalizing people who are trapped by a human street blockade and drive through the crowd out of fear for their lives, resulting in injury or death to one of the living traffic cones because they are in fact intimidating and in some cases injuring an innocent person. They don't think enough of their own life to stay the F off the street and protest peacefully so they are bringing that on themselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I live in Florida, and we have a lot more pressing problems than looting. Not saying it has not happened here. I just wish they would give as much attention to the increasing number of people being flooded out of their homes.

Let's put some ordinances in place to protect them. That of course won't get them as much news time.

Looting takes place in areas where they have something worth the risk of taking. Few owners live close enough to protect against the event.

It sounds like they are encouraging owners to travel into a situation that should be handled by the police, and no we have not shut down police departments.

I see no good coming out this knee jerk response.

That is just my opinion.

edit on 11-11-2020 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Why cant the police just do their f'ing jobs?

I don't know. Ask the officials in Portland.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

The rough draft this is talking about.

Stand Your Ground Amendments776.08 Forcible felony. . . . device or bomb; looting; criminal mischief that results in the interruption or impairment of a business operation; arson that results in the interruption or impairment of a business operation; and any other felony . . .

It would add some version of that language.

This not legalizing shooting people in the streets. This is about a business being able to protect themselves from looters and arsonists. If attacked in their own business, they can defend themselves.

I'd think only arsonists and looters would object to that.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

With all the riots happening in Florida this is going to lead to massive bloodshed!

Lmao

(That’s sarcasm)
edit on 11-11-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Portland has issues unique to Portland. I can't think of a single place in Florida where a Portland situation would happen.

Portland does not represent the majority of cities in America.

Why they have not resolved the situation in Portland may have something to do with the constant 15 minutes of fame they are giving the perpetrators. Something that is really suspect for me.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Kind of sounds like a licence to commit murder... just so long as you can provide references to the court from people claiming your an upstanding member of your local community.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Hmm. That's just too damn bad, I guess. These rioters practically begged for this outcome via their wild animal actions, and now people can defend against them as if they're actually rabid animals.

Maybe they should have considered the tangible & unsavory consequences when they act like that, instead of their tender widdle angry feelz. Oh well, they made the flea-riddled bed, now they get to sleep in it.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yea I'm pro gun, pro friendy carry laws....

But there are existing laws that allow you to protect yourself with the above.

This seems sketchy, there's a difference between protecting yourself, and the perception of protecting property which the law doesn't seem to clarify as your own.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Well...agree or not...I bet they have a hell of a lot less looting... Lol
edit on 11-11-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yea I'm pro gun, pro friendy carry laws....

But there are existing laws that allow you to protect yourself with the above.

This seems sketchy, there's a difference between protecting yourself, and the perception of protecting property which the law doesn't seem to clarify as your own.

It definitely is a little sketchy, and smacks of "payback's a bitch", absolutely. But at this point, I think we're left with the option of grabbing the popcorn, and seeing where the cards fall on it, and if other states follow FL's lead.

Edit: I also think those calling for defunding the popo are going to start backtracking if this goes through. Maybe it's benefit is it might be used in "scaring straight" the degenerates once they understand there's a real risk of death now, and not from cops?
edit on 11/11/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Lol makes good on what the militia is designed for. If a terrorist organization overwhelms police then its time for the militia to protect property.

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Kind of sounds like a licence to commit murder... just so long as you can provide references to the court from people claiming your an upstanding member of your local community.

THIS!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

The point is that usually you would think the police could handle and should, but in case you haven't been paying attention, there are quite a few larger metro jurisdictions where the more zealous leftist city councils are busy neutering the police and actively preventing them from taking care of it. That leaves small business owners vulnerable to this kind of activity.

Maybe it's no issue in Florida now, but what about in 10 years? 15? Further on than that? How about after a large natural disaster like a hurricane where emergency services simply can't be everywhere preventing everything?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join