It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh look, the flu has mysteriously vanished worldwide

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

Now I personally would like to see the WHO source rather than RT.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu

Yes I agree completely.. but it's definitely not gone, I know it was in the news that the first co-infection happened recently. Someone who had both CV19 and Influenza

I personally just got over the flu ( confirmed as the flu ) .. So no, it's not magically vanished

posted on Nov, 2 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty odd that heart attacks, strokes and cancer deaths are also down.

I'm assuming you think that it is because of masks as well?

Nah I think thats probably because unfortunately people are not going to see the doctor for other things, its a big problem we are starting to see a rise in things like heart failure because people have not been going to the doctor with chest pain which has actually been some kind of ACS.

Same with cancers, lots of cancers are picked up by people who go to the doctor about that little bump or blemish that gets investigated but again they're not doing that as much.

this is going to be a bigger problem I think into 2021 when we start seeing people with more advanced illness presenting into hospital.

Yes I agree, I remember seeing an interview with medical professionals about this, and our own Governor here in Ohio hit on that and encouraged people who are at risk to not be afraid to see their health provider. There's a number of conditions where people are now neglecting hospital visits for because of fear over covid.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join