It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh look, the flu has mysteriously vanished worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hmmm, isn't that strange? People have suddenly stopped dying of the flu all over the world! I wonder how that could be?
As predicted, as people were being mass-diagnosed with Covid-19, flu cases would plummet... It's totally not a coincidence at all, no... It's all because of the Covid-19 lockdowns!
Oh yeah, and don't forget your yearly flu shot! You still need it!

There has been a 98% plummet in flu infections this year

the WHO says that surveillance of data from around the world shows flu rates collapsing everywhere. Australia essentially ‘skipped’ their flu season this year, with not a single case reported since July (their peak). In fact, flu has more or less vanished throughout the Southern Hemisphere, and early indicators suggest it will follow suit north of the equator.

To my mind there are three possibilities.
The first is that it only seems like the flu has disappeared because doctors and scientists have been wrongly classing other respiratory diseases as Covid.

Source

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

Now I personally would like to see the WHO source rather than RT.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu
edit on 26-10-2020 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+50 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Pretty odd that heart attacks, strokes and cancer deaths are also down.

I'm assuming you think that it is because of masks as well?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Who is sending the WHO our surveillance data?
I didn't consent to those corrupt freaks.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

U.S. Medical Center's can put on their reports to the CDC whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Nah I think thats probably because unfortunately people are not going to see the doctor for other things, its a big problem we are starting to see a rise in things like heart failure because people have not been going to the doctor with chest pain which has actually been some kind of ACS.

Same with cancers, lots of cancers are picked up by people who go to the doctor about that little bump or blemish that gets investigated but again they're not doing that as much.

this is going to be a bigger problem I think into 2021 when we start seeing people with more advanced illness presenting into hospital.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Its pretty difficult to diagnose flu as Covid, the tests are looking for different viruses.

You would expect lower flu rates this year, social distancing and masks is going to drop flu rates and governments around the world are ramping up immunisation so I would expect a significantly lower prevalence of flu

Thas not what the "experts" were predicting it was the exact opposite. They were shocked the flu cases were so low.

That's why, as COVID-19 started spreading earlier this year, public health officials in the southern parts of the world worried that their health care systems would soon be overwhelmed. Just when they were expecting to see the normal burden of hospitalizations of seasonal flu, this new respiratory illness could be upon them.

"The countries took it very, very seriously," says Sylvain Aldighieri, the incident manager for COVID-19 with the Pan American Health Organization. "They bought more vaccine, they vaccinated more people during the pre-flu season."

Then they waited for influenza to cases to start rising as usual. They waited ... and waited ... and waited.

"Now we are well advanced during the flu season in the south, and we have not seen any spike, any upsurge of flu," Aldighieri says.

www.npr.org...

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I’d love to say something profound here.

But all I got is — it’s all Bullsh!t!

Been saying it since effing February.

Why aren’t people rioting over this?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Hmmm, isn't that strange? People have suddenly stopped dying of the flu all over the world! I wonder how that could be?
As predicted, as people were being mass-diagnosed with Covid-19, flu cases would plummet... It's totally not a coincidence at all, no... It's all because of the Covid-19 lockdowns!
Oh yeah, and don't forget your yearly flu shot! You still need it!

There has been a 98% plummet in flu infections this year

the WHO says that surveillance of data from around the world shows flu rates collapsing everywhere. Australia essentially ‘skipped’ their flu season this year, with not a single case reported since July (their peak). In fact, flu has more or less vanished throughout the Southern Hemisphere, and early indicators suggest it will follow suit north of the equator.

To my mind there are three possibilities.
The first is that it only seems like the flu has disappeared because doctors and scientists have been wrongly classing other respiratory diseases as Covid.

Source

how do they know people have stopped dying of the flu? since the number of flu deaths, just as the number of flu cases is based purely on guesses and conjecture in the first place.

and of course flu deaths, whatever the reality is would of course be way down, as well as cases of flu, since all the things in place to fight covid 19, also stops the flu (and some types of flu, are other types of covid). washing hands often and not touching face, check protects against the flu. staying home, check, can't get the flu if not exposed to it. someone wearing a mask and face shield stop a sick person from spreading the flu. etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why, where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Lockdowns, social distancing, hand washing, PPE, quarantines &, etc. are all effective against 'flu, just like with COVID-19.

This is why where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

But, but all the experts and science missed that LOL but not you...

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

The Southern Hemisphere had a very light flu season in 2020, with Australia seeing only 315 cases over its winter, down 99.8% from the 130,000 cases seen in most years. But flu experts say that, while the low numbers could portend a similar scenario in the Northern Hemisphere, it would be a foolhardy not to prepare for high caseloads this winter.

Edward Belongia, MD, an infectious disease epidemiologist at Marshfield Research Institute in Wisconsin, said that he doesn't think anyone can predict how severe the flu season will be or how it will co-circulate with COVID-19, because much is still unknown about the novel coronavirus and there is no clear relationship between events in the hemispheres.

edit on 26-10-2020 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I’d love to say something profound here.

But all I got is — it’s all Bullsh!t!

Been saying it since effing February.

Why aren’t people rioting over this?

They are rioting after yet another death of someone due to police brutality.

Wearing seatbelts, warnings of the dangers of smoking, or wearing PPE (like hard hats at a construction site) in situations of risk, are not infringements of human rights.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Heard an interesting theory from a doctor on talk radio.

All the increase in cases are easily perdictable when it gets real cold most people go inside, when it gets real hot most people go inside.

Most homes and buisnesses dont keep the best alergen filters on their air systems so you probably have dirty and ineffective air filters, your indoors and its recycled air.

Of course cases will go up.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

This is why where these have been effective against COVID-19, they have been effective against influenza.

ALL the experts and science?

Also, did you not notice the similarity between those two articles? Repost?

edit on 26/10/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That is either a miracle or creative statistical record keeping.

With an ever increasing population, the most common causes of death mirror that.

This has been the basis of calling bs from the start. Well that and drive through eateries being open.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Did I miss the memo that they have actually isolated the Covid-19 virus and are using a test that is aligned only to that virus...or are we still testing for bits and pieces of a covid-like virus?

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   

And so are accidental deaths, work related deaths, deaths from motor vehicles. Imagine that, if you lock yourself in the basement, you don't risk having a piano dropping on your head. COVID is life saver afterall!!

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Wearing seatbelts, warnings of the dangers of smoking, or wearing PPE (like hard hats at a construction site) in situations of risk, are not infringements of human rights.

Suggestions for safety....until you enforce them at gunpoint and steal money for it.
Seatbelt tickets are a great example of this.

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry , this FAKE PANDEMIC can't even Hold Water ANYMORE ..............

posted on Oct, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

ALL the experts and science?

Also, did you not notice the similarity between those two articles? Repost?

The point was the experts weren't thinking it's gonna be a light flu season because of x,y,z they thought the exact opposite. Which is what happens when a novel virus runs through the population for the first time. These articles one from August and one much more recent show exactly that

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join